IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

911!!!!

I just downloaded V2 Personal and I have lost everything!!! I've lost my picture, video and music files. I've lost all my bookmarks in my modzilla. Also, my user names and passwords are gone, too. If anyone out there can help me retrieve these files, it would be MUCH help.

Hi Freskier,

That is strange! Try system restore. Go to point just before installing AWC. The program should have created one when it installed (if you allowed it to do so).

Post the results here.

samr.

So all of your media files have disapeared? AWC should not have deleted any files so you should check a few things first. Since the system restore did not solve anything I recommend you go back to the original system point before using system restore. Next you should try using the search function that you can find in Start menu> Search. Make sure you go to "All files and folders", search the entire computer (My Computer), and search "hidden files and folders" in "more advanced options." Just try searching for one of the original file names. It is possible that the files became hidden and if this is true, you should right click the media folder and uncheck "hidden" to restore these files to plain view.

Another possible issue might be that the files were moved so you should check this using the search function also.

If this doesn't help, try Googling "Recuva"- it's a file recovery program made by the people that make CCleaner and it should find some if not all of the files lost.

Hello Folks,

It has been nearly 2 days that FRESKIER has had the problem, so , if he has done a lot of writing/deleting to the disk, it is getting harder and harder to retrieve what he has lost.

My idea was, without messing up much, to use a stand alone application such as Recuva or Restoration from a remote disk(USB), stick(USB), etc.

If this doesn't work, and if he has used the system store function just after the install of AWC as the program offered, to go to this time(stage) and try the registry back up of Registry Cleaner of AWC.(If he has used it)

I am not sure whether this will work because there are many ifs.

I agree with Tim that the traces including cookies, autofill forms and other temporary files are deleted.

Anyway, please find below the download link for Restoration.rar:

http://www.egem.com.tr/downloads/Restoration.rar

You don't have to extract the dlls to use the program in XP.

There is also a very comprehensive program "EasyRecovery Professional", but extremely expensive. Please PM me for trial info.:wink:

BTW

What do you think of him having IObit after Sytem Stored to 2 weeks ago?

• 1 year later...
Hello Folks,

It has been nearly 2 days that FRESKIER has had the problem, so , if he has done a lot of writing/deleting to the disk, it is getting harder and harder to retrieve what he has lost.

My idea was, without messing up much, to use a stand alone application such as Recuva or Restoration from a remote disk(USB), stick(USB), etc.

If this doesn't work, and if he has used the system store function just after the install of AWC as the program offered, to go to this time(stage) and try the registry back up of Registry Cleaner of AWC.(If he has used it)

I am not sure whether this will work because there are many ifs.

I agree with Tim that the traces including cookies, autofill forms and other temporary files are deleted.

Anyway, please find below the download link for Restoration.rar:

http://www.egem.com.tr/downloads/Restoration.rar

You don't have to extract the dlls to use the program in XP.

There is also a very comprehensive program "EasyRecovery Professional", but extremely expensive. Please PM me for trial info.:wink:

BTW

What do you think of him having IObit after Sytem Stored to 2 weeks ago?

i have lost my thunderbird inbox as stated http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=5670#post5670 can i use Restoration.rar to restore my file? no much read/write done to the disk

Hi Bashar,

You can try Restoration or Recuva, but how can you be sure that no much read/write done to disk, specially after defragmenting, which is a read/write intensive operation?

If it doesn't work, try System Restore.

BTW, did you use AWC?

Archived