IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Itop VPN malware trojan

I have Iobit Uninstaller on all of my machines (licenses for six machines, currently).

At some point, the Iobit Uninstaller binaries have been hacked by malware. I am getting popups for "Itop VPN", and they are non-dismissible. I have what appears to be a permanent popup window on my screen now, on every machine. And from looking at these forums, I am not the only one.

I am running Malwarebytes to strip out all of Iobit's software from my machines. I will be setting all of my licenses to "manual renewal".

This is quite disappointing.

Hello bblackmoor,

Sorry to hear that.

What is the popup that you mentioned? Could you please send me the related screenshots so that we can check it.

By the way, there should be X button the the top right concern to close the popup.

At present, we are partnered with iTop VPN to help promote its product iTop VPN, which can provide private access to the Internet with military-grade protection.

If you do not want it, you can remove it.

Looking forward to hearing from you

I am so very disappointed. I am now using a competitors uninstall product, and it is simply not as good as Iobit. But I will not -- NOT -- accept these un-dismissible trojan popups. You made a terrible mistake with this. Some day, if you apologize and promise never to infect your own products with malware ever again, I might try Iobits again. But until then, you have lost me as a customer.

Goodbye.

Edited by bblackmoor
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Very disappointed with IObit. I've used their products for many years (15+). I emailed them about this malware and the pop-ups and get the same reply as posted here earlier. They asked for screenshots then ask why I "don't want to upgrade" or "just close the pop-up" COMPLETELY IGNORING my feedback as a PAYING CUSTOMER. They do not care. They would rather be money hungry and have a 'partnership with ITop". Fine, when it comes time for renewal, they will not be getting any more money from me! Such behavior for a paid subscription ought to be illegal. Stop trying to upsell me or market to me or at least provide a way for your CUSTOMERS to opt-out! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm really sorry to hear about the malware issue you've encountered with Iobit Uninstaller. Dealing with these popups and malware can be incredibly frustrating.
One suggestion I have is to check out some malware analysis walkthroughs. They can provide step-by-step guidance on how to identify and remove malware effectively. It's a good way to ensure you've thoroughly cleaned your system.
Also, consider keeping your security software up-to-date and running regular scans to prevent such issues in the future. I hope this helps you get rid of the pesky "Itop VPN" popups and regain control of your machines.

Edited by Breakinuk