IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

"Outdated" Software

I am a long-time Advanced SystemCare user. I recently purchased a new PC, and one of my first installations was putting this software on my computer, as usual.

When I ran the full scan, the software told me that I had outdated software (VLC Media Player). Since I have the free version of ASC15, I was prompted ot manually update the software, which doesn't bother me. I clicked the Update link, was brought to the download page of the VLC website, and I downloaded the latest version. This is where things get frustrating. After installation, I ran the ASC15 scan again, and I was still told that the software was not up to date. I opened the VLC Media Player and chose the "Check for Updates..." option to which I was greeted with a "You have the latest version of the VLC media player" message. Once again, I did another ASC15 scan, and once again I was told that VLC Media Player is outdated. At this point I know that ASC15 is wrong, not me.

I wouldn't mind so much if I could just clear the "outdated software" notification, but I can't. So now I'm stuck being notified of a needed update without a way to resolve it.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/GKfyqLb

Any advice or explanation for why this is happening?

On 7/1/2022 at 9:55 AM, RickFromTheParty said:

I am a long-time Advanced SystemCare user. I recently purchased a new PC, and one of my first installations was putting this software on my computer, as usual.

When I ran the full scan, the software told me that I had outdated software (VLC Media Player). Since I have the free version of ASC15, I was prompted ot manually update the software, which doesn't bother me. I clicked the Update link, was brought to the download page of the VLC website, and I downloaded the latest version. This is where things get frustrating. After installation, I ran the ASC15 scan again, and I was still told that the software was not up to date. I opened the VLC Media Player and chose the "Check for Updates..." option to which I was greeted with a "You have the latest version of the VLC media player" message. Once again, I did another ASC15 scan, and once again I was told that VLC Media Player is outdated. At this point I know that ASC15 is wrong, not me.

I wouldn't mind so much if I could just clear the "outdated software" notification, but I can't. So now I'm stuck being notified of a needed update without a way to resolve it.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/GKfyqLb

Any advice or explanation for why this is happening?

Hi

Sorry for the issue you encountered. 

Please follow the steps below to send us the debug file for further checking.

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe. Then double click to run this tool on the PC with the problem and click "Save report". After it finishes, you will get a pop-up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click the "OK" button to open that saved folder.

Please send the zipped file to us via the email address feedback@iobit.com.

Thank you.