IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Upgrading version - install on top of existing version - or uninstall first ?

Hi scanreg

Please read these two posts (at least :-) )

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11665#post11665

Cheers

solbjerg

When upgrading versions, should the existing version be uninstalled first? Or, can you install new version on top of existing version? Will settings be preserved?

Many thanks :smile:

scanreg-I've been getting away with OTT (over the top) installs for months.I don't run any of the auto crap,so I don't worry about conflict.If absolutely no instance of ASC or any of it's features are running,an OTT install should work out just fine.All of my settings and preferences were brought over along with my ignore lists and licensing information.This is the one big advantage of OTT.Again,I stress,nothing related to ASC running-I even close my browser after the download and the set up file has been launched.

scanreg-I've been getting away with OTT (over the top) installs for months.I don't run any of the auto crap,so I don't worry about conflict.If absolutely no instance of ASC or any of it's features are running,an OTT install should work out just fine.All of my settings and preferences were brought over along with my ignore lists and licensing information.This is the one big advantage of OTT.Again,I stress,nothing related to ASC running-I even close my browser after the download and the set up file has been launched.

I remember you mentioned that before... That's what I will do next time for sure!!

8)

Archived