IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to create a button on your toolbar (Word)

solbjerg

http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon1.gif How to create a button on your toolbar in Word

Hi all

How to create a button on your toolbar.

After you have made for example a macro – you might want to have a shortcut button for it on your toolbar.

This is quite straight forward.

Right click on your menu line and choose customize.

In the window that comes up you may want to make a toolbar first. Do that and name it after your own choice.

Then choose the next tab "Commands"

Find fx. Macros and find the macro you want a button for, - drag it into the toolbar of your choice – or any other toolbar where you have room for it - and let go.

Then right click on the newly created button and choose standard typography and choose a name for it in the top box.

Then you can change the standard picture to one you choose from a list or you can make/create it yourself under the menu point "Edit button".

That was how I made U+ and +U on my Macro line. The first has the name Hex Value, the second has the name HexToClipboard. (I have both - for Ansi/Ascii too.)

By the way J

In the name box there is an & (ambersand) that will place an underscore under the first letter in the chosen name, so that you can open the function with Alt+that letter. If you are in the right menu line.

If the Macros do not work - open “Visual Basic Editor”, (located under Functions/Macros) and find a file in ”Tools”/”References” ”Browse” - which is called FM20.dll in Windows System32, and activate/choose this file.

With the help of “Assistant” you can move the Macros into your Normal. Dot

For those interested I have attached the macroes in the zip file below.

Just open it - copy the macroes and insert them in Visual Basic in fx. Word.

(toolbars in other applications are a more complicated process, which I won't go into here)

Cheers

solbjerg

Ansi and hex.zip

Ok Valuater

I have edited the post! I am sorry - I should have stressed it a bit more that it was in Office/Word that my description worked.

New toolbars in many other programs/applications is a more complicated issue.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks enoskype,

Yea, I couldn't tell.

@solbjerg

Maybe you could put MS Word in the title somewhere for dummies like me.... :oops:

8)

Ok Valuater

I have edited the post! I am sorry - I should have stressed it a bit more that it was in Office/Word that my description worked.

New toolbars in many other programs/applications is a more complicated issue.

Cheers

solbjerg

Nah.... not for me, I put a "picture" menu in ASC... :grin:

lol

8)

May we see a screenshot of your handiwork bigV? (your new nickname-because vman is taken):lol::lol:

You didn't know about this??

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=642&stc=1&d=1235368333

8)

Archived