IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Slow Computer After Upgrading to Pro...

On Monday evening, May 4, I purchased the Pro version of ASC for 2 computers. I have been using the Free version for a year or so now and have been very pleased with it. My Pro version is 3.3.1.

After installation on my Toshiba laptop by following the instructions provided, I find my computer is extremely SLOW...so slow that I have not upgraded my desktop yet from fear it will also be slowed condiderable.

By slow, I mean in 'waking up' from a screen saver running and whenever requesting a new Internet Explorer browser window...either a new window or a previously opened web site.

Any help as to where I can find documentation as to processes needed to troubleshoot and fix this irritating situation? Or any help you can give me here?

Thanks in advance,

Capt Joe

Joe-Did you configure ASC to run at start up? Did you run all the scans within the program and elect to just repair all problems found without looking them over first? The Pro version has far reaching capabilities over the free app. Some of the system changes proposed by the Pro version need to be scrutinized,as they aren't always compatible with your system configuration. You may access the Restore Center in ASC and perform "undo changes" to see if this puts you back to square one.

detailer,

Yes I did set the new ASC Pro to run at start up and ran all the scans which I then repaired the problems.....a lot of them. My computer seemed to run much faster right after that but then started slowing down. I can restart and get back a little bit of speed but it seems to start slowing again pretty soon....especially when I wake it from the screen saver. If the application under the screen saver is Outlook Express, for example, it will take at least 30 seconds to open the OE window. Then when I go over to an IE page, it takes another 20 to 30 seconds, at least, to open the IE screen. It does get faster as I work and open/close additional windows but is still sluggish.

A couple of questions please....

If I go back and restore to previous state, should I 'undo changes' on ALL of the dates shown where changes have been made or try them one at the time starting with the first one after installation???

Also, can you refer me to a resource that would help me in determining which changes should not be made in my system? As I remember there were a couple of thousand changes it made when I first ran the Pro.

Thanks for your assistance. Hopefully I will garner enough knowledge of the ASC Pro version to return the assistance to others.

Hi Capt Joe

I would start with the latest/newest and work my way back one by one to the first one after install.

Check the "problems" in the scans between each restore and place relevant items in the Ignore List until it looks like it works to your satisfaction.

Please read Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section, especially the part about System Optimize and the part about Ignore list where it is discussed what "problems" one should place in the ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

detailer,

Yes I did set the new ASC Pro to run at start up and ran all the scans which I then repaired the problems.....a lot of them. My computer seemed to run much faster right after that but then started slowing down. I can restart and get back a little bit of speed but it seems to start slowing again pretty soon....especially when I wake it from the screen saver. If the application under the screen saver is Outlook Express, for example, it will take at least 30 seconds to open the OE window. Then when I go over to an IE page, it takes another 20 to 30 seconds, at least, to open the IE screen. It does get faster as I work and open/close additional windows but is still sluggish.

A couple of questions please....

If I go back and restore to previous state, should I 'undo changes' on ALL of the dates shown where changes have been made or try them one at the time starting with the first one after installation???

Also, can you refer me to a resource that would help me in determining which changes should not be made in my system? As I remember there were a couple of thousand changes it made when I first ran the Pro.

Thanks for your assistance. Hopefully I will garner enough knowledge of the ASC Pro version to return the assistance to others.

Archived