IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

o Byte folder

phutzer

I have a 0byte folder which will not delete or move. It appears to have content but won't disclose what it is. I have tried to move or delete it but it will not go, even "unlocker" cannot get rid of it please help me someone Phutzer

Hi phutzer, if you can give some information, we can try to help for elimination.

What is the name of the folder, path of it and did you know what was it for? Your OS? etc.

Did you uncheck the options of "Hide ....." in Folder Options?

Although I advice to use Unlocker, there are other ways to delete a folder playing with permissions and including other tools for that.

Cheers.

There is an option in GlaryUtilities thats call an Empty Folder Finder. It finds all empty folder in your computer and clears up more space by deleteing them, its the only thing I like about GlaryUtilities. I would like to have a Empty Folders Finder in ASC but we will have to wait and see.

thanks enoskype

The file to be deleted is not recognised by file assassin. I have figured out what I did to cause this mess, however, I am unable to reverse it. Sorry for all the trouble I have loaded on you. Here is what I did. I had a large number of music files which appeared to be haphazard and not in correct order. I dragged them all into one part of the folder and then I had this mess. It is called ZZZZZZZ and when I click on it has subfolders with the same name and these all have various numbers of files some have folder as well. Nothing I have tried will get rid of this. Thanks mate for trying. Phutzer

Hi phutzer,

Start deleting with the last items in the path course one by one and try to find out which one resist to be deleted.

Use the Unlocker at that file and continue doing that until nothing is left in the sub folders. And so on.

Also, if you have CCleaner and/or Spybot-S&D, you can try their shredders and deleters.

Cheers.

enoskype

hello again - nothing works - although there are folders in this 0 Byte folder it will not allow itself to be accessed by anything. I do not know how to change permissions or I would look at that. I think the only way to move this is reformat - anyway thanks for all the help phutzer

Hi again phutzer,

Please try chkdsk /F in your command promt, enter Y, and restart your PC, and wait for it to finish checking the disk. It will automatically restart after finishing.

You will find information about chkdsk in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread in Lounge section.

Another thing to try is to create a same named folder and paste it to the place of the existing one. And pu a copied file in the folder and delete later.

Also, did you try to delete in Safe Mode as Administrator?

You can also give permission for sharing as:

Open the Properties of the folder, click "Sharing" tab, check the checkboxes under "Network sharing and security", click "Apply", click "OK".

Try deleting again!!!

Cheers.

enoskype

hi there - these are music files which I dragged into one folder some have as many as 18 folders no files though. They will not delete one by one or any other way. I cannot open the folders to see what is in them. Looks a reformat is the only answer Thanks for the help - you've all been very kind. Phutzer

all contributors to this thread

I have decided to hide this folder as I do not wish to reformat the drive. I am most grateful to all members who contributed in assissting me, your knowledge and expertise was much appreciated. I think that this thread can now be closed. Is this done automatically or do I need to do something. Phutzer

Hi phutzer

Can you find it in the extra tool "Disk Explorer", mark it - choose Properties - unclick the protected status, and then delete it.

BUT be absolutely certain that it isn't necessesary for anything, - this goes for the possibly other empty folders inside it too.

Empty folders is most easily found by clicking on size in order for it to show the smallest files/folders first.

By the way - if it is open it cannot be deleted!

Cheers

solbjerg

I have a 0byte folder which will not delete or move. It appears to have content but won't disclose what it is. I have tried to move or delete it but it will not go, even "unlocker" cannot get rid of it please help me someone Phutzer

Archived