IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What is Smart Free?

Dwight- Smart Free or Smart RAM Compression Technology as it is also called is a feature that can give a boost in RAM capability for Memory challenged computers. An example would be 1 GB of RAM that with compression applied would be able to store 1.6 GB.

Another way to increase the amount of available memory is to free up RAM that is being used by the computer. Before I started using the ASC v3.3.1 Pro to manage the 3 GB of RAM in my Vista OS the Task Manager would show about 1.5 GB of RAM being used at the end of the day due to constant memory leakage, but now the IObit ASC v3.3.1 Pro and its Deep Clean feature has radically cut that figure down into the ultra lean 500 MB* range...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/5-09-0923TM.jpg

ASC v3.3.1 Pro Memory Management has a proven ability to tame Superfetch and turn Vista into the lean mean computing machine that it has always had the potential to become and unless the upcoming Windows 7 which has the same kernel and Superfetch as Vista is run with the same expert IObit Memory Management it will also suffer the same kind excessive memory bloat as Vista does without the benefit of ASC V3.3.1 Pro with its Smart Free and Deep Clean RAM Managment features.

~Maxx~

* 'Vista Light' OS with heavy bare bones modifications including radical features removal and 80 service reductions.

Detailer- Even though I had been using IObit Smart Defrag since last year and it significantly improved the performance of my hard drive as evidenced in the benchtest results that I have posted here on the Forum when I looked at the components in Advanced System Care I didn't see anything that I didn't already have and that trying it would just be redundant, but man was I wrong the components in ASC 3 function at a much higher level than the very best individual programs that I had!

As I type this not only is my RAM usage about 600 MB lower than it would have been running before using ASC 3's brilliant Memory Management, but ASC's clever Internet Boost has my Opera Web Browser regularly downloading at speeds of 25 to 30 mbps and as high as 33 mbps as measured by my Bandwith Meter Pro...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/5-12-09FF-Opera18.jpg

The first three of these 8-10 MB downloads were done by my FireTune optimized Firefox v3.1.10 browser and the following 3 identical downloads were done by my Opera v9.64 browser which seems to have derived a much greater benefit from ASC 3's Internet Boost.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxxwire

Nice to see such well formulated and instructive comments.

Good work Max!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Detailer- Even though I had been using IObit Smart Defrag since last year and it significantly improved the performance of my hard drive as evidenced in the benchtest results that I have posted here on the Forum when I looked at the components in Advanced System Care I didn't see anything that I didn't already have and that trying it would just be redundant, but man was I wrong the components in ASC 3 function at a much higher level than the very best individual programs that I had!

As I type this not only is my RAM usage about 600 MB lower than it would have been running before using ASC 3's brilliant Memory Management, but ASC's clever Internet Boost has my Opera Web Browser regularly downloading at speeds of 25 to 30 mbps and as high as 33 mbps as measured by my Bandwith Meter Pro...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/5-12-09FF-Opera18.jpg

The first three of these 8-10 MB downloads were done by my FireTune optimized Firefox v3.1.10 browser and the following 3 identical downloads were done by my Opera v9.64 browser which seems to have derived a much greater benefit from ASC 3's Internet Boost.

~Maxx~

Emmanuel- Vista's Superfetch and XP's Prefetch are radically different in the way they manage memory. While IObit ASC v3.3.1 Pro and its Deep Clean feature work miracles with Vista Superfetch which caches nearly 100% of the available RAM so that it can be constantly in use it may be that the way XP's Prefetch leaves all of the ram free and idle causes it react differently to the Deep Clean process.

~Maxx~

Smart Free RAM Compression tech. A useful tool, probably

I am running Vista 32 bit using

Core 2 duo 6850 at 3.00GHz,

GTX8800GPU.

and 2x1GB of OCZ 2G800 R21G PC2-6400U DDR2

With multiple Firefox tabs, Windows Explorer tabs ,Giganews Accelerator Google sidebar(+gadgets) , Bit Torrent and Kaspersky running in the background I was occasionally using 100% of the RAM.

This resulted in extreme slowdown or even lock up/hanging> shutdown.

Initially I used ASC Smart RAM (or a similar Auslogic utility), as the system was starting to slowdown. This seemed to help avoid total shutdowns.

Since then I've started using ASC Smart RAM running automatically from start up. I now experience the above symptoms much less often, which I assume is down to less RAM bottlenecks occurring.

To be honest I don't understand precisely how ASC( or Vista for that matter) functions on a detailed level , so I was taking a chance by using it but I've no complaints since.

Alternatively maybe it's just that the gods of I.T. accepted last years sacrificial burnt(overheated) offering of an HP Pavillion laptop and are now giving me a bye on the "intermittent fault" karmic cycle.

So although I am going to stick with leaving ASC Smart RAM Compression technology switched on, I will err on the side of caution by continuing with weekly IT dances around my Cyberpower desktop in order placate the gods.

Remember "If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the precipitate" :smile:

Archived