IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I so need help badly!

Ok so I am having a major problem with my computer! I downloaded ASC pro and now my computer is runny funky like really funky.

First came with the internet:

Everytime I type in hotmail.com the page is blank I try to refresh same thing. This also happens with all my other email sites such as comcast.net or even yahoo.com it doesn't matter.

Then I can't down load anything! and I mean ANYTHING! I can't update my computer ( trust me I have tried everything including going to windows.com to do it manually everytime I try to down load something nothing happens.)

My anti virus will not work, I can't get it to pop up or scan to save my life!

My system restore on my computer you know the one your supposed to be able to go to start accssesories system tools system restore does not work. I will click the tab and nothing happens I try it again and a window pops up blank. I have even tried the system restore on ASC and it doesn't work. I don't know what to do all these problems together make my computer unsuable.

This all happened immediately after I did a deep scan in maintain windows. I do not know what to do at this point except doing a full system recovery which I really do not want to do if at all possible. I am hopping someone as something for me, because I have tried to find someone that has the same problems I do but so far I haven't found anything close to this. Please someone help me.

Have you tried booting in Safe mode and going to system restore? Do you have an installation CD for your system?

I have tried that and its still comes up blank. I do not have the installation cd for my system all I have are the recovery disks.

Hi Atia

You could try to run a chkdsk in Run and you could try sfc /scannow in Run.

You can read about the commands in the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section - alternetively in Windows Help&Support

chkdsk has several switches that can be used.

Laptops usually do not come with an Install cd, so you get recovery disks from the vendor/manufacturer instead, but they are often a little complicated to use.

In safe mode - is it impossible for you to run a Windows System Restore command??

Cheers

solbjerg

I have tried that and its still comes up blank. I do not have the installation cd for my system all I have are the recovery disks.

Hi Atia

You could try to run a chkdsk in Run and you could try sfc /scannow in Run.

You can read about the commands in the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section - alternetively in Windows Help&Support

chkdsk has several switches that can be used.

Laptops usually do not come with an Install cd, so you get recovery disks from the vendor/manufacturer instead, but they are often a little complicated to use.

In safe mode - is it impossible for you to run a Windows System Restore command??

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't have a labtop just a desk top I can't afford a new computer at this point. I have tried to get the windows system restore to work in safe mode but it doesn't work everytime I try its the same thing the window pops up blank. It's almost as if when ASC did a scan of my computer and "fixed" my computer it deleted very important things. So far nothing has worked, and I am at my witts end. The only thing I can think of is to just do a system recovery with the disks I have, and next time I will just stick with the ASC free addition.

Hi Atia

Did you try the suggested commands in Run?

And did you try the restore center in ASC?

When running ASC always check the "problems" during a scan - never use the Care button before everything is configured

Click on

Online Help for IObit Software in the top line and read about how to use IObit Products.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1979

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't have a labtop just a desk top I can't afford a new computer at this point. I have tried to get the windows system restore to work in safe mode but it doesn't work everytime I try its the same thing the window pops up blank. It's almost as if when ASC did a scan of my computer and "fixed" my computer it deleted very important things. So far nothing has worked, and I am at my witts end. The only thing I can think of is to just do a system recovery with the disks I have, and next time I will just stick with the ASC free addition.

Yep I tried both of those things and nothing worked. I have a friend coming out to check out my computer. He has fixed my computer before. You know to be honest with you I had no idea the care button did anything lol. I thought it was just an extra button to look cool and show the lable. All I use is the maintain windows and the diagnose system. Thank you so much for all your help. I am sorry if I was a bother to anyone. Have a great day and a good rest of the year.

Archived