IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Product Alpha edition

Tim Xue

As for the name...I don't think a certain software comes to mind when you '360', therefore I think the name should stay.

Well, apparently certain software does come to mind for some people. IObit might want widen their market research before hitching their wagon to either Norton or Microsoft presuppositions.

As for the name...I don't think a certain software comes to mind when you '360', therefore I think the name should stay.

I agree not.

The first time I saw the name in the alternatives, Internet Security 360 by Norton came to my mind.

The second one was Security 360 by M$.(I think since 2005)

This is my mind anyway.

My opinion is that, if it is decided by the author, then IObit will not change it. Although I would really like to see a different name.

Anythink other than 360 inclusion would have been better in my humble opinion.

Cheers.

NOTE: IT IS FREE GUYS!!!

Today's Hot Searches in IObit

desktop computers

ftp software

226bw

cisco switch

ps2 memory card

blu ray burner

New Freeware from IObit

http://www.iobit.com/Images/is360.gif

I'm still with you Dave and Enoskype.I tried a little mini poll on another forum(a younger crowd),and didn't get the "Norton" response as much as I'd anticipated,but none the less,some did.Seems XBox 360 and circles are the thought train.Although,I didn't make any reference to PC's or software,just the number.A little tweak to the question would have produced different results.Like halfevil's example-"are you running 360?". I see he continues to defend the "copycat" name, oblivious to the implications,which strengthens my belief in an association with IObit-the brainchild behind the name perhaps? Since he refuses to confirm or deny,I'll have to proceed on that assumption.One example of branding that comes to mind is IObit's decision to change Advanced Windows Care to Advanced System Care,presumably to gain independent recognition, and to distance itself from the Microsoft name.Now IObit's doing a 360(see the irony?).Either way,this is huge mistake.IObit has built it's own reputation as developers of fine software,and this is a shot in the foot no matter what the "Wizard" says or thinks. Ball's in your court Wiz.

A better name suggestion...

IObit Security 365 or maybe 24/7.

I read somewhere that this software will update only every 12 hours, this is significantly below industry standards, right?

A product that will replace existing AV and Firewall software would be ideal.

Why not put it in ASC?

because if its meant to replace it, it will enter the competition. With exceptional anti viruses out there like Norton(its 2009 products), Avira, Kapersky, Avast and many many others, it'll be difficult. As for firewalls, Comodo, Zone Alarm and some others have dominated the market for many years.

If a product is an add-on and compatible, it will be more user-friendly and therefore get more downloads.

It's just like Malwarebytes. It focuses on what the antivirus cannot detect.

I'll say it again!.......

****PLEASE READ****

There is a well known malware on the internet called "360 Antivirus". It apparently has been introduced by the Russian hacker community. people online are introduced to it via a pop-up or banner. Those who want to try it and click on the ad end up installing what they think is a legit antivirus program, but the files it wants to quarantine & delete are windows system files neccessary for the functioning of the computer. It is even more fun to try to get it uninstalled off the computer. It took an anti-malware program called MalwareBytes to remove it from my daughter's laptop. You can type "360 antivirus" in a search engine to check out all this for yourself.

I'm not perfect, but from a marketing perspective, logic tells me that those who have dealt with or even have heard about 360 Antivirus are going to stray away from taking a chance on using a product with a similiar name (Security 360), even if it says Iobit on the product.

The solution (and I know it is not easy) is to come up with a completely original, catchy name that doesn't sound like the name for anyone elses security product. Hey, that's why advertising agencies and marketing firms get paid the "big bucks". You just have to think like they do.....

Chuck[/b]

IObit Security 365 or maybe 24/7.

I read somewhere that this software will update only every 12 hours, this is significantly below industry standards, right?

A product that will replace existing AV and Firewall software would be ideal.

Why not put it in ASC?

No that's not quite right :razz: Security 360 will remove the stuff your antivirus or antispyware CAN'T. Therefore 30 second updates are not as helpful with this kind of program and a 12 hour window between adding to the database is more then enough.

• 2 weeks later...

The name 360 is o/k by me....Anything that does not include the name "Norton " or "Symantec" is fine !!

I used to be a big ..big fan of "Peter Nortons'" work back in the days of "Norton Commander" and the System Works earlier versions.Then when the programs started burying their hooks deeper and deeper into the registry hives ...I lost my way with Norton/Symantec etc;

Call me what you like..but I'll stick by my belief that a lot of the "small footprint" user friendly applications from a whole load of sources...IObit...clunky old Spybot S&D ...Eusing etc; are holding their own in the field..Early days I know...but I'm comfy with 360 up to present :wink:!!

Last Page

If today was my last day to live, I wouldnt change anything except for the fact I would have our children with us, because I would want to spend every last second with my wonderful husband and our amazing children. I wouldnt want it any other way. I would tell my family and friends how much I love them and tell them goodbye.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the 360 is not a good designation to have in the new software's name. Chuck is quite correct that many, if not most, people will shy away from trying it due to the similarity to the virus masquerading as an antivirus program by Norton. So we have Norton with a 360 and a rogue program as a 360 already. IObit definitely needs to distance itself from both.

The name "360" has been very confusing for one of my sons who has learning difficulties

Having had the "coming soon" tag against "Spyware Defender" I've had some difficulty trying to explain that it's now called something totally different

"360" is definitely not a good choice though - I have to agree that there are serious negative connotations that people will associate with it

same as chuck said, 360 av malware gives 360 a bad taste. first thing that crossed my mind when i saw '360'.....

plus.... 360 anything is more or less trite and stupid sounding, try something more exciting, and descriptive. buzzword marketing is a turn off.

Archived