IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

"List Index out of Bounds" when upgrading from V1.0 to V1.1

GB1.0 was working great! Thanks.

After installing GB1.1, I get "List Index out of Bounds" and my list of "Background Programs" is empty. I get identical behavior on my XP Pro 32 and my Vista Biz 64 machines. (English)

I tried uninstalling 1.0, running CCleaner, and scrubbing all the IOBIT entries out of my registry. Then install 1.1 and I still get "List Index out of Bounds" and an empty background program list.

I tried using the GameBooster.ini file that I downloaded from the forums. I tried the GameBooster.ini from my 1.0 installation. It seems that the syntax of the ini file has changed between versions 1.0 and 1.1 and the older ini files are incompatible so those did not work.

Installing V1.0 on top of V1.1 works fine and I'll continue to use V1.0 until a solution or working update is available.

Thanks,

-Loeb

Thanks, detailer.

I didn't find anything helpful in that thread. I tried the other suggestions in other threads regarding the ini file and the install/uninstall/ccleaner/reg suggestions with no luck. I suspect that is is a problem introduced in V1.1 and since I am experiencing the problem on 2 PCs running different OSs, I'll stand by, using V1.0, until the problem is identified.

Thanks again,

-Loeb

Sleekscifi,

Thanks. I checked and I can't identify any service or process running that looks like anything that has to do with Windows Live Messenger Device Manager.

-Loeb

• 1 month later...

List Index out of Bounds (10)

I tried upgrading to GB1.1 again. I am now getting the "List Index out of Bounds (10)" error (Vista64 - English) but only with GameBooster 1.1. When I start it, it initially works fine, but when it gets to the "Background Processes", the list is blank and I get the OOB error. When I originally posted my problem, I was getting a "List Index out of Bounds (20)" error.

Version 1.0 works fine. I have tried a complete uninstall and run CCLEANER too, but no luck. I also tried the INI file referred to in a different post, but it made no difference and is probably not applicable to this version of GB. I did notice that the syntax of the INI file has changed.

I also searched for the C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare folder, but of course it does not exist in Vista. It would probably be something like C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\IObit\... but nothing like that exists. I wonder if that's the problem?

I do not have Windows Live or Live Messenger installed.

Hi loeb

By the way - are you using the French language?

It generated this error earlier, - I thought it was fixed - but perhaps not?

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried upgrading to GB1.1 again. I am now getting the "List Index out of Bounds (10)" error (Vista64 - English) but only with GameBooster 1.1. When I start it, it initially works fine, but when it gets to the "Background Processes", the list is blank and I get the OOB error. When I originally posted my problem, I was getting a "List Index out of Bounds (20)" error.

Version 1.0 works fine. I have tried a complete uninstall and run CCLEANER too, but no luck. I also tried the INI file referred to in a different post, but it made no difference and is probably not applicable to this version of GB. I did notice that the syntax of the INI file has changed.

I also searched for the C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare folder, but of course it does not exist in Vista. It would probably be something like C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\IObit\... but nothing like that exists. I wonder if that's the problem?

I do not have Windows Live or Live Messenger installed.

Archived