IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Garbage Company that "cleans your computer" but also fills it with new "offers and ads"

exCustomer22

I don't care if this is fixed or not now but the simple fact you decided to include invasive pop-ups when the program isn't even in the foreground is a killing blow.

Let me give you a simple hint - anyone installing IObit products is probably someone who is technically inclined. We are looking to edge out our computers for one reason or another. Maybe we want to improve performance on a demanding game? Maybe its just booting slow? 

Want to know what is the last f*cking thing I want to see on my computer? A stupid window at the bottom right pop-up with a "recommendation from IOBit" to install something. Really great idea especially for people that use automated programs, games, etc. 

Do not bother installing this program. Any company that decides to do this should be run out of business. Having ads in your program in the foreground is already questionable and annoying - especially when I have paid for the program but the ads popping up when the program isn't even in the foreground is unacceptable.

Uninstalled from all my PCs. Good bye.

• Like 1

Hello exCustomer22,

Sorry tohear that.

But there should be some misunderstandings. Yes, there are some recommendations, but you can always hide them or decline them if you are not interested in them. It is just a way to share something we we thing our users may like. 

For the ads, I have forwarded your concern to our product team and market team. They will consider this kind of marketing activity and make a better balance in the future.

• Haha 2

On 10/25/2022 at 3:01 AM, Cicely said:

Yes, there are some recommendations, but you can always hide them or decline them if you are not interested in them.

For the ads, I have forwarded your concern to our product team and market team. They will consider this kind of marketing activity and make a better balance in the future.

No offense but are you guys dense? If a user is doing something such as browsing the web, writing a document, playing a game, programming, whatever - in WHAT WILD BLUE F*CKING UNIVERSE would that same said user want to suddenly have a pop up from IOBIT appear over their current activity? Forward it to your marketing team? I would forward them a bag of dog turds if you give me the address.

And furthermore - OPT OUT? OPT OUT!? How about we have to OPT-IN? I PAID for this product license. I BOUGHT it. I don't need to opt out of sh*t. That's the REASON WE PAY FOR STUFF IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Edited by exCustomer22
  • Like 1

I have had a smimilar problem this morning. I have found Advanced Care very helpful for many years but I had to reboot my computer this morning - in the middle of a busy time - when an unremovable pop-up for IOBIT password Manager arrived without any notice.

To add insult to injury, the IOBIT website appears not to have a routine system for entering a complaint. I only found this line of inquiry via a determined hunt.

As I cannot make a complaint or get individual attention to this problem, I can only tell you that if it arises again, then all IOBIT software will be uninstalled as I cannot find the software that authorised this morning's intrusion.

Robin Trewartha

• Like 1