IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Figher 9.3 many apps suddenly don't work, how do I revert to before running malware fighter? | help super greatly appreciated!

bryanL

Malware Fighter v9.3.0.74 on Windows10 LTSB 64bit

Software affected: SciTE, Clipmate, Typertask. I believe Clipmate and Typertask are win32 but they ran fine before I ran a scan for at least 5 years on this machine. 

I'm new to IObit Malware Fighter but after running it several apps on Windows 10 suddenly don't work. I'm guessing MF quarantined some things that it didn't know is NOT malware. How do I find where it is stored and revert or put things back to before the scan and actions were done?

I may have answered my own question, I added those programs to the "White List" in Malware Fighter and now they work. So apparently MF can block apps even without putting them in quarantine. 

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but i guess it prevents malware pretty good. 

I am afraid, that your understanding of the workings of the program is incorrect, and in the case of an anti-malware program,

that can be very dangerous for your system.

Whitelist does not work the way you describe. I strongly advise that you read the User Manual for Malware Fighter, (which I hope you

now understand should have been done before you used the program). Also I suggest googling whitelist.ignore list/ system restore.