IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Your ASC16-update needs an update

NonYaBizNiz

'What's New' in update 16.2 tells me:

"+ Enhanced Startup Optimizer to manage more startup items for faster PC startup"
     (- Enhanced how? What's changed? What else are you doing to my system without my permission?)
"+ Fixed all known bugs"

Allow me to kick off a new known-bug-list then. Whatever it may be you're actually fixing.
Whatever mysterious changes you made to the Startup Optimizer; one of them causes it to no longer actually optimize:
When I open it, it tells me -for example- I can optimize my NordVPN and Fences (y'know... that software your iTop partner illegally copied and distributed for free).
When I then check the boxes and hit 'Optimize', it simply disables them as start-up items.

Not that it was ever made clear at all what "optimizing" my start-ups actually means or what it does - Simply disabling them isn't gonna pass as an "optimization".
If that's what I wanted, I wouldn't have enabled them in the first place.
If this is your idea of optimizing my system, why not have it delete all software from my system next update. It'll greatly boost my start-up time.

How about you just quit selling your user names to other companies and putting trojans in your downloads.  I see you don't include Altruistc.exe in your virus checker....no small wonder because you include it with your updates.  I just want my Iobit to expire and then I will go to a different company who does not include advertising and trojans in their software.  Iobit used to be great but it is the bottom of the shit pit now.  Too bad your company sold itself to advertisers. 

On 1/19/2023 at 9:18 AM, Cicely said:

Hi there,

Startup Optimization means to disable those items that you don't need it, and then shorten the time of startup.

Then don't call it Startup Opmization, because that isn't what it does:

image.png.787d7289182414a4970045713310248a.png

- Make effective use of..
- Improve efficiency of..
Not simply disable it. When I sign up for Google Optimize for my website, they don't just take the site down and say "You're welcome".

This isn't optimizing; it's offering the exact same functionality as I get when I hit my windows-button, type 'startup', and enable/disable things.
You've simple copied a function already native to my system, overcomplicated it for no reason, and gave it a different name that implies it does something it doesn't do.

But sure, clear. Yet another function that is of no use to me. The only remaining question is why I'm still surprised.

• Sad 1