IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A Little Help on Beginning..

Snowycat2

Hi all.. I've been using Window's Live One Care since I got my computer 2 years ago and I can't say I've been real happy with it, especially with having to constantly backup files to CD's.. So thought it was time to go another route.. I'm also not sure how successful WLOC is in protecting my computer from ad and spyware.. Not very well, I should think.. And, last but not least, it hasn't performed a full defrag for ages.. It's keeps saying something prohibited the defrag and it will save it for a later time..

So that brings me to ASC.. I found it while searching thru PC World recommendations and others that use it have told me it's pretty good.. So here's my questions:

Once I purchase the license for ASC, should I then completely remove Windows Live One Care? Since it would be redundant to keep using it.. Will ASC backup my system without having to use CD's? Can you use it's system restore to go back a day or two? And, last but hardly least, does it's virus and firewall protection update automatically every day and is it as good as WLOC?

Guess that's it.. Thanks for any and all help on this.. I think it's time to bring my PC back up to better standards of protections and care.. Thanks all:-o:-o

Hi Snowycat

First - IObit ASC is not an antivirus program.

Some fairly good free antivirus programs are out there - Avira or AVG for example.

My advice is to read this

Online Help for IObit Software

before installing and running IObit software.

That said I find that IObit - within it's scope - does a very, very good job.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi all.. I've been using Window's Live One Care since I got my computer 2 years ago and I can't say I've been real happy with it, especially with having to constantly backup files to CD's.. So thought it was time to go another route.. I'm also not sure how successful WLOC is in protecting my computer from ad and spyware.. Not very well, I should think.. And, last but not least, it hasn't performed a full defrag for ages.. It's keeps saying something prohibited the defrag and it will save it for a later time..

So that brings me to ASC.. I found it while searching thru PC World recommendations and others that use it have told me it's pretty good.. So here's my questions:

Once I purchase the license for ASC, should I then completely remove Windows Live One Care? Since it would be redundant to keep using it.. Will ASC backup my system without having to use CD's? Can you use it's system restore to go back a day or two? And, last but hardly least, does it's virus and firewall protection update automatically every day and is it as good as WLOC?

Guess that's it.. Thanks for any and all help on this.. I think it's time to bring my PC back up to better standards of protections and care.. Thanks all:-o:-o

• 5 months later...

Live OneCare

Hello Snowy,

I've been using OneCare since it came out, and have been very pleased with it. I added a Western Digital external HD, and do not have to create a CD to back up. The external hard drive works automatically with OneCare.

I would like to know if there are any compatibility issues with any of IObit's software with OneCare? I want to upgrade to the pay version's of this software, but I want to be sure OneCare will continue to work. I was using AVG anti-virus software prior to OneCare, but of course had to delete AVG before installing OneCare.

FYI, Microsoft will no longer support OneCare after current paid subscriptions expire. My subscription expires in April 2010. I will probably upgrade to Windows 7 at that time. Windows 7 is not compatible with OneCare.

Peace.

Hi usmcdad

The one from Microsoft taking over that function is MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) it is free but is not yet available in all languages.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I find it sufficient and very light on resources

Hello Snowy,

I've been using OneCare since it came out, and have been very pleased with it. I added a Western Digital external HD, and do not have to create a CD to back up. The external hard drive works automatically with OneCare.

I would like to know if there are any compatibility issues with any of IObit's software with OneCare? I want to upgrade to the pay version's of this software, but I want to be sure OneCare will continue to work. I was using AVG anti-virus software prior to OneCare, but of course had to delete AVG before installing OneCare.

FYI, Microsoft will no longer support OneCare after current paid subscriptions expire. My subscription expires in April 2010. I will probably upgrade to Windows 7 at that time. Windows 7 is not compatible with OneCare.

Peace.

Should be no issues.

Hi Usmcdad!!

Curious are you deployed now??

"I would like to know if there are any compatibility issues with any of IObit's software with OneCare? I want to upgrade to the pay version's of this software, but I want to be sure OneCare will continue to work. I was using AVG anti-virus software prior to OneCare, but of course had to delete AVG before installing OneCare."

I have seen no evidence of Compatability issues with OneCare. You should be ok!!:-)

Hi Usmcdad!!

Curious are you deployed now??

"I would like to know if there are any compatibility issues with any of IObit's software with OneCare? I want to upgrade to the pay version's of this software, but I want to be sure OneCare will continue to work. I was using AVG anti-virus software prior to OneCare, but of course had to delete AVG before installing OneCare."

I have seen no evidence of Compatability issues with OneCare. You should be ok!!:-)

No sir, not deployed. I've been out since 1976!

Picked up the "USMCDAD" handle in 1999 when son joined our beloved Corps. He was a trumpet player in the USMC BAND for 4 years.

Your software seems to work very well. It found buku errors, fixed them all, and the computer did not crash. YEAH~! I like that.

I'm thinking about going ahead and removing OneCare; -I'm mostly using it for the backup and restore feature now anyway. It does that very well. I fried a MB a little over a year ago, and OneCare restored everything pretty much the way it was after the new MB was installed. I was impressed with that. The good thing about OneCare is that you can use it on all your home based computers (up to 5 machines) for one fee. Can you do that with IObit?

Thanks, and Cheers!

Hi usmcdad!!!

I respect your service to the People of the United States of America... and your Son's. Whether or not individuals from around the world agree with the policies or actions of the governments we have to abide by, you will find that on this forum... we aim to help each other in the most free and altruistic way. Members of this forum have friends/family members serving for their governments as well. Cudos for all who serve the people they represent, from around the world!

This software is not mine or anyone eles's here! We use it because it works!

Iobit software is available for free... the paid versions are even better! Even if you have 10,000 computers!

If you want to "image": your system, to make sure you can always recover your from a crash... you will find the help you want here, If you want to see ways to remove software from your system... you can see them here, If you want to laugh, you can laugh here. If you want to see the reccomendations of friends for the best software to get you where you want to be... you will find it here! We are a group of users from around the world commited to making our computing experience better for each other.

To improve our PC's... (make them faster, stronger (resistant to the infections that try to control, steal, and destroy), and educate each other (from around the Earth), in the good name of humor, friendliness, help and support! Naysayers begone!!!

Aye!

Peace, Prosperity, and Longevity to all!

Archived