IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

tracking cookies

sarathv

hi, im new to these forums. so hello everyone and good day! :D

I have these products of IObit: Advanced systemcare, 360security, smart defrag.

i love em all :P but when i scan with 360 security and advanced systemcare, EVERYDAY i find tracking cookies...im starting to think that there is some sort of big bad spyware/malware programming creating these. but none of the IObit programs are finding anything big. i even have tried superantispyware, malwarebytes and spybot before...none are finding a big spyware/malware.

any help will be appreciated

-Sarath

i even have tried superantispyware, malwarebytes and spybot before...none are finding a big spyware/malware.

-Sarath

These 3 programs have a reputation for being some of the best at detecting and removing spyware and if they are all telling you that your computer is clean then it is clean.

The reason that you are getting tracking cookies is because you have picked them up while visiting different websites online and they are not being generated by a spyware/malware program inside your computer.

~Maxx~

Hi sara

Maxx is right.

Tracking cookies are very common, they are in Microsoft, Google, Messenger and practically everywhere.

fx. you have possibly allowed google to look over your shoulder, but have then chosen the setting of not allowing tracking cookies and have not placed any in the ignore list, this could explain some of the recurring tracking cookies that ASC finds. If you want to allow those you should place those cookies in the ignore list.

As a new user I recommend you to read

Online Help for IObit Software

to familiarize yourself with IObit Products.

Cheers

solbjerg

hi, im new to these forums. so hello everyone and good day! :D

I have these products of IObit: Advanced systemcare, 360security, smart defrag.

i love em all :P but when i scan with 360 security and advanced systemcare, EVERYDAY i find tracking cookies...im starting to think that there is some sort of big bad spyware/malware programming creating these. but none of the IObit programs are finding anything big. i even have tried superantispyware, malwarebytes and spybot before...none are finding a big spyware/malware.

any help will be appreciated

-Sarath

... when i scan with 360 security and advanced systemcare, EVERYDAY i find tracking cookies...

Have you ever signed in at a web site with your name and password and checked that box that says something like "Remember me on this computer?" Well, making a cookie for you is a way of them knowing it is you and automatically logging you in the next time you visit that site -- if you haven't removed all your cookies between the visits.

However, sarathv, as has been said, cookies are made all the time by all kinds of web sites and stored on your computer. Most always they are not malicious in any manor. They do somewhat affect your privacy, though.

CT

Archived