IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Remove Clean Recycle Bin & Privacy (C)

How do you remove "Clean Recycle Bin & Privacy ©" from the Recycling Bin's context menu?

I tried to follow through regedit to the Recycling Bin's context menu but I couldn't find the specific key that shows "Clean Recycle Bin & Privacy ©"

the location of the recycling bin's reg is here:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

If there's a simpler way of removing it I would greatly appreciate it :)

How do you remove "Clean Recycle Bin & Privacy ©" from the Recycling Bin's context menu?

I tried to follow through regedit to the Recycling Bin's context menu but I couldn't find the specific key that shows "Clean Recycle Bin & Privacy ©"

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

Hi Chip,

Sounds like you're familiar with regedit or I wouldn't broach this subject. I don't know if this is simpler, but at least it is step-by-step info.

If you still want to run the Privacy Sweep, but just not want the item listed in your local context menu, see http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,1838905,00.asp

I had thought what local file context menu items that one wanted available were selectable in TweakUI, but I looked and couldn't find it indicated. I know I've seen it in some software, I just can't recall where. That would beat the hell out of registry editing.

I understand why you might not want it available, Chip, when right-clicking your Recycle Bin -- it's pretty easy to click it by accident instead of "Empty Recycle Bin." I did that once already. Now I pay attention more.

I hope this is helpful and I'm not telling you crap you already know.

Good luck!

CT

Hi pringles

You can also open ASC then click the button Tools and then the tab Admin Tools and then click on Context Menu and remove the offending command :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

You can also open ASC then click the button Tools and then the tab Admin Tools and then click on Context Menu and remove the offending command :-)

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0161.gif LOL. That's where I saw it recently. NOT TweakUI. ........ LMAO.

/me sees why solberj has the crown.

CT

Archived