IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC mentioned frequently in C-Net e-mail

peastoyou

The question of the week in today's C-net e-mail was, "PC utilities: Do computer Registry cleaners really work?" There are a couple of hundred responses so far, both pro and con. ASC has been favorable mentioned several times. Here was my response:

I concur with using Iobit's Advanced System Care - New!

by The Yancey - 6/19/09 8:04 PM In reply to: Do computer Registry cleaners really work? by Lee Koo (ADMIN)

I noticed a difference in speed and responsiveness after running the free version of ASC. I used that for over a year before getting the $20 Pro version earlier this year. I have been impressed with it and will renew my subscription next year. It has an impressive assortment of tools such as a broken shortcut fixer and Internet booster. I have used a variety of commercial disk defrag utilities over the years but have found none better than the Smart Defrag that is a part of ASC. Its anti-spy/adware utility compares favorable with those from SpyBot, Ad-Aware, MalwareBytes, and others. I have recommended this utility to many of my friends. After all, you just don't get much better than free. Particularly when it is for something that works this well!

Advertiser or Lobbiest

I read nearly all of those comments this morning.I do believe ASC does the best job compared to others I've tried.That said,going up against the likes of MalwareBytes when 360's still in Beta is a bit premature,don't you think? I'll reserve my judgement on IObit's first real crack at security until after the final release.

The reason that I included Malwarebytes is that I am indeed finding that ASC/360 compares favorably. Malwarebytes hasn't found any malware on my 32 bit XP machine in quite some time. My scans this morning is illustrative. I updated and ran ASC. It found 22 spyware problems. I allowed it to fix them all. I then updated and ran 360. It found 32 spyware problems and I allowed it to fix them all. I then updated and ran Malwarebytes. It found no problems whatsoever. This is the usual result from my running these three scans in this order. Should I reverse the order to see what happens?

peastoyou

You could try that.But what specifically are these 32 malwares? I ask because 360 doesn't like tweaks to explorer and other systems settings I've made.I suppose the behavior is suspicious?Too many false positives here. I'm sorry I'm not a real believer yet.I'd like to see a second opinion on those detections from Virus Total or the folks over at Spyzooka.Come on now,32 missed by MB? Really hard to swallow.I sincerely hope I'm wrong here and those are "for real" threats-a great feather in IObit's cap if they are.

Archived