IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update Failure

hyderpete

For the past two days have been unable to update - Getting a message that it cannot connect to Web Server - When pressing next after getting that message it appears as if it is trying again with the retrieving information message but gets nowhere.

Unable to close that window and have to use Cntrl Alt Del to close the program down

Nothing has changed on the PC and Internet connection through DSL is working fine

Hi hyderpete

The problem with not being able to close it is connected to pressing Next even though the message says that it is unable to connect, you should press Cancel. Then this closing problem won't come up.

The "Next" command will make it try to download the update even though there is no connection to the server, and it then just keeps trying without being able to perform the command.

Have advised Tim Zue about the problem, so they are looking into it.

This probably means that the problem will be sorted out soon.

Cheers

solbjerg

For the past two days have been unable to update - Getting a message that it cannot connect to Web Server - When pressing next after getting that message it appears as if it is trying again with the retrieving information message but gets nowhere.

Unable to close that window and have to use Cntrl Alt Del to close the program down

Nothing has changed on the PC and Internet connection through DSL is working fine

update (already?!)

Just d/l`d 1.01 and reinstalled. Same problem with update even when I keepo cancelling and re-rtying, still says it cant access the server. Everything else is running fine, as is my net connection.

Interrrestink! Veerrrrry interrestink!

I use FF and I am not having any of these issues. I am interested in knowing how often the definition file is updated. I like to manually update mine and I have not seen a download in some time. Is there a place for me to locate the date of the last successful update?

on update failure.

Posted a bug report but are we all using FF or is this common to all browsers?

IE6 here - no update and now also had to use taskmanager to force the hanged updater to close.

Edit: Tried again - still down - but this time updater closed smoothly.

Edit: A third time - and after the info that I cannot update I pressed the "next"-button again and the updater hangs. Probably what I did both times updater hanged for me. But I dont understand why it chooses to hang on the second press on "next" and not also on the first press.

Bugs in IObit Security 360

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with your computer. I experienced the same thing.

I hope the bug is fixed soon, because IObit Security 360 seems to be a useful program.

Ernie

When it comes to anti-malware/spyware applications, having patience is a lot to ask. In the three-years I've used MBAM, I think their server went down once, and it was for about 2 hours. Two days is kinda pushing it. It doesn't matter if it's a beta or not, it has nothing to do with a down server. I hope it's up and running soon.

on update failure.

Posted a bug report but are we all using FF or is this common to all browsers?

#

Would it matter? it doesn't need the browser to update - In fact it never loads a browser when updating - When I've tried I don't have any browser open

Hi hyderpete

The problem with not being able to close it is connected to pressing Next even though the message says that it is unable to connect, you should press Cancel. Then this closing problem won't come up.

The "Next" command will make it try to download the update even though there is no connection to the server, and it then just keeps trying without being able to perform the command.

Have advised Tim Zue about the problem, so they are looking into it.

This probably means that the problem will be sorted out soon.

Cheers

solbjerg

In that case after a failure, the "next" button should be greyed out an unavailable

Its probably because its a relatively new product and everyone wants a shot at it. Everyone is downloading it, and attempting to update it.

Its why i made a thread asking iobit to have a manual update, so the issue can get resloved...for now

Its probably because its a relatively new product and everyone wants a shot at it. Everyone is downloading it, and attempting to update it.

Its why i made a thread asking iobit to have a manual update, so the issue can get resloved...for now

I know what your saying but it doesn't make any sense - They knew or at least should have know how many would be downloading it - Just look at all the threads here talking about it prior to release.

Yes it's a beta but the servers have to be able to cope with demand or there is no point

There's no point in a program no matter how effective if the servers are not sufficient for the job.

If Beta products are not seen as reliable how many will trust further releases?

Archived