IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

unins000.msg

solbjerg

Hi all

Since several have had problems with McAfee and unins000.msg I thought that I would place a copy here zipped and attached.

This is the unins000.msg file from version ASC v. 3.3.3

You can then copy it and paste it in the ASC folder.

Hopefully McAfee has delivered an updated data base definition file that excludes the false positive, otherwise you may have to whitelist the file yourself or close down McAfee temporarily.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Apparently the file is too localized for other than me - sorry. I will remove it in the post, the problem is that I do not have any other, it is probably generated during the install and reflects how the install is performed on the individual computers.

Hi greensleeves

By the time there is an update for version 3.3.5. I would be very much surprised if McAfee hadn't corrected their false positive, so that the problem doesn't arise.

Are you not able to configure McAfee to exclude the file? (whitelist it)

That ought to be possible.

Cheers

solbjerg

that is to update to 3.3.5?

Hi greensleeves

I do not know McAfee and can therefore not give you precise descriptions.

Someone else on the forum may be able to though.

You have to go into the settings of McAfee find the place where you can exclude a file, - utilize their help!

Cheers

solbjerg

I was not aware that was what that meant. I will try and do that. Thanks.

Hi all

Since several have had problems with McAfee and unins000.msg I thought that I would place a copy here zipped and attached.

This is the unins000.msg file from version ASC v. 3.3.3

You can then copy it and paste it in the ASC folder.

Hopefully McAfee has delivered an updated data base definition file that excludes the false positive, otherwise you may have to whitelist the file yourself or close down McAfee temporarily.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Apparently the file is too localized for other than me - sorry. I will remove it in the post, the problem is that I do not have any other, it is probably generated during the install and reflects how the install is performed on the individual computers.

i need this file and i don't see it here. i have asc pro and mcafee has screwed it up so i can't update or uninstall. can you repost the zip file or tell me where to get it . thanks

Hi tat

Please download McAfee's latest definition file. That should fix it.

Cheers

solbjerg

i need this file and i don't see it here. i have asc pro and mcafee has screwed it up so i can't update or uninstall. can you repost the zip file or tell me where to get it . thanks

Hi tat

Have you tried restoring it from the quarantine list?

I have tried to place the file here attached as a zip file, but apparently it was too localized to my machine to work - at least at the one who tried, so I removed the attachment again.

Cheers

solbjerg

i still need the file. mcafee is updated and it still won't update because it won't uninstall. can't you post it?

Ok tat

I have asked IObit if they have a solution.

By tomorrow I hope I will get an answer.

Please be patient - this was not IObits fault - it was the false positive from McAfee, very many around the world have problems with the false positives from McAfee, so actually it is their responsibility in my view.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. my unins000.msg file is in Danish, so it would not work elsewhere I think

my quarrantine list in mcafee says no items exist.

Thanks Carol for your kind words!

If anything good comes of it I will have been paid in full :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg..

I've been following this thread. I only posted to thank you for (volunteered) "time spent". It's valuable, and doesn't go unappreciated.

Carol

thank you solbjerg! i tried this morning to get this all straight and it worked! you guys are the best and this is one helluva good utility. i tell everyone i know about iobit and their products. it takes care of alot of stuff inexperienced PC users don't know about or even understand and keeps them running smoothly. i know it has made a noticeable difference in my dual core PC. hats off to you and thanks for the birthday present. yesterday july 4th i turned 48 years young. anyway, thanks again for your persistance and unyielding support for ASC.

Archived