IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unable to upgrade as uninjs000.msg missing

lcyber

I have been trying to update to latest version and get as far as installing latest version ..then prompt...older version will have to be uninstalled first...click ok then get the message unins 000.msg is missing correct this or get new programme.I can't uninstall either as I get the same message.So I can't update without uninstalling and then I can't uninstall,anyone know what's happening?

Hi Icyber

It is a false positive from McAfee that is the cause of it.

There are numerous posts about it in the forum, - so many must be using McAfee. You should all complain to McAfee about this!!

Try configuring McAfee to exclude that file from the heuristic security scan. (whitelist it)

Cheers

solbjerg

I have been trying to update to latest version and get as far as installing latest version ..then prompt...older version will have to be uninstalled first...click ok then get the message unins 000.msg is missing correct this or get new programme.I can't uninstall either as I get the same message.So I can't update without uninstalling and then I can't uninstall,anyone know what's happening?

Thanks sobjerg,not sure what whitelisting means,I do have MacAfee so this seems to be the problem.Couldn't find any reference to excluding files from the security scan.Ideally I would like to uninstall and reinstall but it seems I am stuck.

Hi Icyber

Whitelisting means that you exclude some file/program from scanning.

Solution to the problem is described here:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=3176

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks sobjerg,not sure what whitelisting means,I do have MacAfee so this seems to be the problem.Couldn't find any reference to excluding files from the security scan.Ideally I would like to uninstall and reinstall but it seems I am stuck.

corupted file

dont upgrade because u will get a warning about coruted file an u will have about 3 or 4 screens forz when u try 2 use care program and cannt remove cause it says its corupted so u will b stuck.i upgrade 2 pro now it cost me 5 to 6 times 2 fix what i thought was a good deal so watch what u do. thank you:sad:

Hi cobra

Would you please describe what you have done (in detail) to get that result!

It worked without any problems by me if you installed the newest version and then clicked "Ignore" 10 times during installation.

That made the program work, and it was then possible to uninstall it if one wished to do that.

Sounds like you should try uninstalling the program and then make a completely clean install after the uninstallation and the deleting of the program folder.

Cheers

solbjerg

dont upgrade because u will get a warning about coruted file an u will have about 3 or 4 screens forz when u try 2 use care program and cannt remove cause it says its corupted so u will b stuck.i upgrade 2 pro now it cost me 5 to 6 times 2 fix what i thought was a good deal so watch what u do. thank you:sad:

Hi cobra

Would you please describe what you have done (in detail) to get that result!

It worked without any problems by me if you installed the newest version and then clicked "Ignore" 10 times during installation.

That made the program work, and it was then possible to uninstall it if one wished to do that.

Sounds like you should try uninstalling the program and then make a completely clean install after the uninstallation and the deleting of the program folder.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solberj,

I did as you suggested...ignore 10 times and it worked for me! Each time I clicked ignore ,the bar moved to the right until finally it hit the end and instal was successful

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

same problem upgrading from 3.3.3 - missing uninstall

I tried direct downloading to override problem but free download is only version 3. I already purchased upgrade to PRO 3.3.3, so now I'm expected to repurchase the PRO download.

Hi Holly

There is a link to the solution to the problem in this thread we are writing in!

If you have paid and registered your pro version, you do not need to register again, just write your username and your codeword in the appropriate place

- take a look in Usage of IObit Products in post #1 on how to do that.

Good luck

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried direct downloading to override problem but free download is only version 3. I already purchased upgrade to PRO 3.3.3, so now I'm expected to repurchase the PRO download.

Hi Holly,

Go to ASC 3 version 3.3.4 is released thread in News & Offer section to download the latest release of ASC which is ASC 3.3.4

It is for both FREE and PRO versions.

Follow the route that solbjerg has pointed out.

Cheers.

Archived