IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Quo Vadis

solbjerg

The story goes that Peter asked Jesus "Domine; Quo Vadis? (Lord; where are you going?)

And Jesus answered "To Rome; to get crucified again"

The moral of this story could be "try and try again" :-)

That is a very apt message to beta testers! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

The story goes that Peter asked Jesus "Domine; Quo Vadis? (Lord; where are you going?)

Cheers

solbjerg

wow, my friend. what an analogy. your thoughts are one of the things that make this forum great. D:

Hi deville

Glad you liked it! Perhaps you are a beta-tester yourself :-)

And in a way it is true, you have to take the risk of being "crucified" as a beta-tester, but in order to "not go willingly into that dark night" we try to take as many safeguards as we remember in the moment ;-)

From whence do you hail?

Cheers

solbjerg

wow, my friend. what an analogy. your thoughts are one of the things that make this forum great. D:

And then he complained about the heavy load he was carrying.

"Stop your grizzling" cried one of the guards "At least you don't have to walk back home!"

Awesome :-) lol

The more people who are willing to try beta and find problems/suggestions will make the program better and better ^^

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Magic Hunter

I agree!

But if I should name an ulterior motive for writing this post it would be that we all should know that it can be risky, and a warning to people not too familiar with beta-testing and not too proficient computer-wise, that they had better wait for a more stable beta version or the finished release of the program instead of taking the risk of messing up their computer.

Cheers

solbjerg

;19017']Awesome :-) lol

The more people who are willing to try beta and find problems/suggestions will make the program better and better ^^

Hi deville

Glad you liked it! Perhaps you are a beta-tester yourself :-)

And in a way it is true, you have to take the risk of being "crucified" as a beta-tester, but in order to "not go willingly into that dark night" we try to take as many safeguards as we remember in the moment ;-)

From whence do you hail?

Cheers

solbjerg

yes I am, just something about the newness, or the idea behind it. I'll try it till it

crashes my system or barbecues the dog. I am in south central Texas right now.

As I write it's like 102 F outside.

"Stop your grizzling" cried one of the guards "At least you don't have to walk back home!"

Thanks Ted:

Lol, you really nailed that one down.

D:

Hi deville

Almost 40°C in the middle of the afternoon!

"Not fit for man or beast" to quote W.C.Fields

Cheers

solbjerg

yes I am, just something about the newness, or the idea behind it. I'll try it till it

crashes my system or barbecues the dog. I am in south central Texas right now.

As I write it's like 102 F outside.

Thanks Ted:

Lol, you really nailed that one down.

D:

:-) Hi Ted

I was just trying to stay in the ambiguous mode

In this case temperature

Celsius °C

Kelvin °K

Fahrenheit °F

Rankine °R (°Ra)

Réaumur °R

Rømer °R (°Rø)

But I suppose you use °F, right? (well, I found out it's °C)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Mr. Fahrenheit was a German that emigrated to England, - at one point he visited Mr. Rømer in Denmark and made some changes to the Rømer degree system, and then England adopted his temperature measurement system.

p.p.s ° is written by Alt+0176 (on numberpad)

ø is written by Alt+0248 (on numberpad)

I made a keyboard for myself based on the Dvorak system - attaching a picture.

Hi, solbjerg,

Do you mean have I got Technical degree or a personal intelligence degree?

Or am I missing some finer point?

Hi, solbjerg,

In this case temperature

Sorry, my brain must be cooling off a bit as my interpretation of your angle was zero ;-)

Thank you for the very interesting collection of temperature data.

:-) Hi Ted

I was just trying to stay in the ambiguous mode

In this case temperature

Celsius °C

Kelvin °K

Fahrenheit °F

Rankine °R (°Ra)

Réaumur °R

Rømer °R (°Rø)

But I suppose you use °F, right? (well, I found out it's °C)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Mr. Fahrenheit was a German that emigrated to England, - at one point he visited Mr. Rømer in Denmark and made some changes to the Rømer degree system, and then England adopted his temperature measurement system.

p.p.s ° is written by Alt+0176 (on numberpad)

ø is written by Alt+0248 (on numberpad)

I made a keyboard for myself based on the Dvorak system - attaching a picture.

That is really--greaat--Pasted a side note with those. How about two questions? How about an umlaut-do you know the combo for that? and who is Mr Rømer?

Hi deville

The umlaut (accent diaresis) ¨ is Alt+0168 - hex A8

Ole Rømer was a Danish scientist and astronomer (died just after 1700 as far as I remember) Was the first that computed the speed of light - as far as I remember he arrived at about 200000 km per second, but he didn't have quite the right astronomical data, and downplayed the result because the velocity was almost unbelievable :-)

Would you be interested in a macro that will tell you the Ansi/Ascii number of any character? (to be used primarily in Word)

If so - they are attached in this post:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=2640&highlight=macroes

Cheers

solbjerg

That is really--greaat--Pasted a side note with those. How about two questions? How about an umlaut-do you know the combo for that? and who is Mr Rømer?

Archived