IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Right Click Options in System Optimization

cin2

I'm a brand new user (free version), and know next to nothing about this, so bear with me. I just ran a System Optimization and, of course, came up with items that I don't recognize. One of the stickies here advises: "If you do not know what the items are, you can choose by right clicking on an item to go to the key in regedit, this will enable you to find out a little more what its function is."

When I right click, my only options are Select for Fixing, Ignore This Problem, and Selection. How can I tell what these things are so I can make a reasonable decision on whether to fix them or not? Thanks.

Hi Cin2,

I'm not sure which sticky you are referring to, but could it be talking about entries in Start Up Manager? There you can right click, click "Jump To Entry" and open up Regedit to show registry entries.

samr.

Hi cin

You are right! They have made a change there since I wrote that sentence, sorry! (I/someone has to update that part too)

But you have a button you can click on that will send you to services - if that is what the setting shows and there you can find the item and read about it - and then decide if you want it "fixed" or not.

At least thats as far as I have tried for the moment. I'll look into it further later.

If you send a screenshot, we can take a look at it here.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm a brand new user (free version), and know next to nothing about this, so bear with me. I just ran a System Optimization and, of course, came up with items that I don't recognize. One of the stickies here advises: "If you do not know what the items are, you can choose by right clicking on an item to go to the key in regedit, this will enable you to find out a little more what its function is."

When I right click, my only options are Select for Fixing, Ignore This Problem, and Selection. How can I tell what these things are so I can make a reasonable decision on whether to fix them or not? Thanks.

Thanks, solbjerg. The Services button isn't available under Diagnose System, although I did see it on one single component of ASC yesterday - possibly Maintain Windows.

I've attached screen shots of all the System Optimization details. The Security Defense module has 9,592 errors, so I didn't attempt that one... Any suggestions? Disk Defrag and Security Analyzer were fine. Thanks!

[ATTACH]1051[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1052[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1053[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1054[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1055[/ATTACH]

Hi cin2,

1)

Please check all the 9592 items and then click Apply button and then Repair. This will immunize your PC to vulnarabilities from spyware, malware, ActiveX components etc.

2)

The following suggestions are what I would do if I were you, and possibly will not change the appearence of your PC and will optimize considerably with the Repair.

This reply is per your request from Administrator samr.

In reality, you should search for the items in the web to understand each of them and then choose according to your needs.

ASC tries to optimize making use of minimum resources and that may not fit to your needs.

Please read the whole thread of USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS .

---------------------------------------------------------

Trouble Shooting

1=>Sound Problems=>leave ASC to repair

2=>Sound Problems=>leave ASC to repair

3=>Auto Reboot=>leave ASC to repair

4=>False System Settings=>Put to ignore list if you are happy with your layout of the icons, etc.

5=>Explorer Problems=>leave ASC to repair

6=>Explorer Problems=>leave ASC to repair

7=>Explorer Problems=>leave ASC to repair

8=>Explorer Problems=>leave ASC to repair

9=>Explorer Problems=>Put to ignore list

10=>IE Problems=>leave ASC to repair

11=>IE Problems=>Put to ignore list

12=>False System Settings=>leave ASC to repair

13=>False System Settings=>leave ASC to repair

14=>False System Settings=>leave ASC to repair

15=>Hardware Compatible Problems=>leave ASC to repair

Windows Interface

1=>SmoothScrol=>Put to ignore list

2=>MenuShowDelay=>leave ASC to repair

3=>IconTitleWrap=>Put to ignore list

4=>ThumbnailSize=>leave ASC to repair

5=<Max Cached Icons=>leave ASC to repair

6=>UpdateMode=>Put to ignore list

7=>ListViewAlphaSelect=>Put to ignore list

Network Connection

1=>Put to ignore list

2=>Put to ignore list

3=>leave ASC to repair

4=>Put to ignore list

5=>leave ASC to repair

6=>leave ASC to repair

7=>leave ASC to repair

8=>leave ASC to repair

9=>leave ASC to repair

10=>leave ASC to repair

11=>leave ASC to repair

12=>leave ASC to repair

13=>leave ASC to repair

14=>leave ASC to repair

15=>leave ASC to repair

16=>leave ASC to repair

17=>leave ASC to repair

18=>leave ASC to repair

19=>leave ASC to repair

20=>leave ASC to repair

21=>leave ASC to repair

22=>leave ASC to repair

23=>leave ASC to repair

Windows Services

1=>leave ASC to repair

2=>leave ASC to repair

3=>leave ASC to repair

4=>Put to ignore list

5=>Put to ignore list

System Configuration

1=>leave ASC to repair

2=>leave ASC to repair

3=>leave ASC to repair

4=>leave ASC to repair

5=>leave ASC to repair

6=>leave ASC to repair

7=>leave ASC to repair

8=>leave ASC to repair

9=>leave ASC to repair

10=>Put to ignore list

11=>leave ASC to repair

12=>leave ASC to repair

13=>leave ASC to repair

14=>leave ASC to repair

15=>Put to ignore list

16=>Put to ignore list

17=>leave ASC to repair

18=>leave ASC to repair

19=>leave ASC to repair

20=>leave ASC to repair

21=>leave ASC to repair

22=>Put to ignore list

I hope this will be helpful.

Cheers.

Thanks, enoskype! I know this wasn't something you could dash off in two seconds, and I appreciate your effort. I'll read it, do what seems best, and will study up for the next time ASC throws me a curve (in another language). :smile:

Hi Cin2,

I haven't seen this, but I would think the best thing to to do is to place a new post in the thread to pull it back up. Sometimes they can get "lost in the shuffle". This will bring it back up and maybye catch a little more attention.

Also, I am curious if you are seeing an improvement in performance after running the fixes in Sytem Optimizaton?

samr.

samr, I've only booted up and logged on a couple of times since I made the changes, but there seems to be quite a big difference. Both processes happen much more quickly, and they were like molasses. I'll let you know if it doesn't continue, though, when I have 13 windows open in 7 applications. On second thought, I'll try not to do that...

Archived