IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry cleaning security

Ekalb

Hello,

When I scan the registry with ASC, I have over 2000 suggested deletions.
Thorough cleaning is not enabled.
Can I safely delete these items?
Example, I have a lot of keys like

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5C4DF9E0F8.Netflix_6.18.89.0_x64__mcm4njqhnhss8%5Cresources.pri\1d2aad161bb7c52\f5a05226|C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\4DF9E0F8.Netflix_6.18.89.0_x64__mcm4njqhnhss8\images\package\Square.44x44.scale-100.png=

Or

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{83C25742-A9F7-49FB-9138-434302C88D07}\Typelib|Typelib ({FD8BE371-C00E-435F-9202-A7841B66E413}) not in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib=

I suggest that you read the User Manual, as it explains various ways that you can undo changes made during Registry Clean, if you

encounter issues.

Also, you can make a backup of the Registry in Windows.

Once you understand the above, then you can go ahead and click the Fix button and delete the scanned registry items.

I wish there was a simple yes or no answer for you, but pc issues are just not like that.

The only way to mitigate this worry when ever changing something on Windows 10/11 machines, is to always have a bootable

rescue disc/usb stick available (just in case)

I can tell you that I have been cleaning my registry with ASC every week for more than 10 years and I have never had an issue.

Also, if you search the Forum you will find very little reference to registry cleaning issues.

Just make sure that "Deep Clean" is NOT enabled is the registry clean settings.

I have a startup disk and backups (I use EaseUS Todo Backup Home).
So I deleted all registry items found to be wrong by ASC.
In addition, I optimized the system and updated all drivers.
Everything works correctly 👍.