IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 'Windows can't find'...

Silo13

I bought and installed SmartDefragPro and used it for a few months.

Since the update I've had lots of problems.

I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled Iobit Smart DefragPro a number of times.

I've also tried older versions of Smart Defrag and done a System restore.

It will not work and I always get a pop-up saying 'Windows can't find' the program or it's not 'typed correctly'.

I manually put the program into start-up shell and that wasn't successful. 

Virus scan (multiple types) show no virus.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for re-posting in the correct section. If your system is win 11 then it is most likely that windows security

is causing the issue. Temporarily disable windows security and any other anti-virus/malware program. Then download

the latest Smart Defrag from Majorgeeks, and install it. If it works then, you should whitelist it in windows security and any other

anti-virus/malware programs.

Ok. Lets examine this.

You had SD, it worked fine. You updated SD to a newer version and it would not work.

You went back to the older version of SD and it still did not work.

So the issue cannot be with SD. It has to be with Windows or some other security program.

Did you check Controlled Folder Access....as your issue sounds like what happens when controlled Folder Access blocks access.