IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update problem with IObit Security Beta 2

alex30

Hi,

I have been using the earlier versions of Security and had had a slight conflict with the correct running of RegCure. RegCure was recording that no errors had been selected for fixing and that no errors had been fixed which wasn't the case in either instance. In fact although RegCure was saying it had done nothing it did seem to have removed the items I had selected.

With the new Security Beta 2 I have a different problem. At boot up I get a brief screen error panel that says automatic update has failed so I obviously suspect that I am not receiving the scheduled updates. There is no bug log in the programme files so it is difficult to track what is or is not happening.

Has anyone had the same trouble or has anyone any idea how to fix it ?

Regards Alex.

Hello Alex30! RegCure is a rogue program. It does more harm to your system and provides FALSE alerts. Please allow Security 360 to remove it from your system.

The updates should start once again, after Security 360 has removed the threat. If not post back here.

Hi, HalfEvil ,

Could you please explain what you mean by "Allow 360 to remove RegCure from my system " As far as I can see Security isn't asking to remove RegCure and I don't see a remove option. Do you mean I should delete RegCure with another tool ?

Regards Alex.

Hi, HalfEvil ,

Could you please explain what you mean by "Allow 360 to remove RegCure from my system " As far as I can see Security isn't asking to remove RegCure and I don't see a remove option. Do you mean I should delete RegCure with another tool ?

Regards Alex.

Have you run a scan with Security 360?

If you have and Security 360 has not removed the problem then, Please follow these instructions:

Run Hijack Scan and save a log. Once a log file is saved to your desktop, please attach it to or paste it in this thread.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7895/74140502.png

Hi alex

Where did you save it? It doesn't have to be the desktop, - just so you know where to find it :-)

You can read about "how to" attachments in this thread under the post screenshots and attachment.

Online Help for IObit Software

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Halfevil,

Could you possibly give me simple instructions what to do with the log I have saved as I don't even know how to send it to my desktop from the notepad.

Regards Alex

Hi solbjerg and halfevil,

Here, I hope, is the requested log. I hope you can help solve the problem. By the way I uninstalled RegCure but that didn't help. Logfile of IObit HijackScan v1.0.0.0

Scan saved at 12:57:3, on 2009-7-13

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360srv.exe

C:\Program Files\RegCure\RegCure.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe

C:\Program Files\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\My Documents\SHUTZ.EXE

C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe

C:\Program Files\DynAdvance\DynAdvance Notifier\MailNotifier.Exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IObit Security 360.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\HijackScan.exe

02 - BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll

02 - BHO: Java Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

02 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll

04 - HKCU|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [DynAdvance Notifier] C:\Program Files\DynAdvance\DynAdvance Notifier\MailNotifier.Exe

04 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe

04 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [shtz] C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\My Documents\SHUTZ.EXE

04 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"

04 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [iObit Security 360] C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe

08 - Extra context menu item: Check &Spelling - res://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM

08 - Extra context menu item: Lookup on Wikipedia - file://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\wikipedia.HTM

09 - Extra button: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - res://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM

09 - Extra button: ieSpell Options - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - res://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM

09 - Extra button: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

09 - Extra button: @c:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll,-61144 - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

016 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3}get_atlcom Class - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab

016 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}MUWebControl Class - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1246553138546

023 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe

023 - Service: avast! Antivirus (avast! Antivirus) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe

023 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner (avast! Mail Scanner) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe

023 - Service: avast! Web Scanner (avast! Web Scanner) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe

023 - Service: DCOM Server Process Launcher (DcomLaunch) - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost

023 - Service: getPlus® Helper (getPlus® Helper) - NOS Microsystems Ltd. - C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_HelperSvc.exe

023 - Service: IS360service (IS360service) - IObit - C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360srv.exe

023 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

023 - Service: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) (RpcSs) - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost

023 - Service: Terminal Services (TermService) - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost

023 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Check Point Software Technologies LTD - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

I was getting an error saying invalid file when I tried to upload the file so I have used copy and paste. Hope this helps to solve the problem.

Regards Alex.

Ok, Alex now the hard stuff begins :-P

Please download Pocket Killbox from here.

Under "Full path of file to delete" copy and paste this: "C:\Program Files\RegCure\", without the "" marks. You may then click the Red X button. Make sure Standard File Kill has been selected as per default. Reboot your computer and RegCure should be deleted from your system.

After you have rebooted your PC, you may then once again open up Pocket Killbox and go File > Cleanup > Delete all Backups. Then please, once again post a Scan log of your system, so I can make sure the infection has been removed :smile:

Hi Halfevil,

Unfortunately getting rid of RegCure hasn't solved the problem. I have noticed that the error panel does not appear every boot up but perhaps 4 out of 5. It is so rapid that I am struggling to read it properly. Is there perhaps somewhere I can find a log of it? I have looked in the IObit 360 programme files but there is no bug report. Thanks for your help so far.

Alex

Check logs under My Computer > Manage > Event Viewer > System or Security.Though I wouldn't recommend or use Reg Cure,I'm assuming you have money invested in it,so I would have first pursued the incompatibility issue with IObit seeing that 360 is still in Beta.While you were waiting,you could work around this by alternately disabling the utilities to allow each to perform their respective tasks without having to discard a "paid for" program.Also regarding the removal of RC(which it appears you've already accomplished) I would have chosen Revo Uninstaller(utilizing its Advanced mode) and following up with Reg Seeker and a run of Windows Search Assistant.

Check logs under My Computer > Manage > Event Viewer > System or Security.Though I wouldn't recommend or use Reg Cure,I'm assuming you have money invested in it,so I would have first pursued the incompatibility issue with IObit seeing that 360 is still in Beta.While you were waiting,you could work around this by alternately disabling the utilities to allow each to perform their respective tasks without having to discard a "paid for" program.Also regarding the removal of RC(which it appears you've already accomplished) I would have chosen Revo Uninstaller(utilizing its Advanced mode) and following up with Reg Seeker and a run of Windows Search Assistant.

RegCure is rogueware ;-) It does not like itself being removed, so an uninstaller would not remove all of it. I now recommend running a scan with Malware Bytes. If there is still something blocking the updates. Maybe try a re-install of Security 360 as well.

Hi everyone,

I looked in system file and found an error which seems to correspond with log on time. It read ; Source: Service Control Manager

Category: None

Event ID: 7005

The LoadUserProfile call failed with the following error: Incorrect Function.

I have looked for info on this but can't decipher it. Has anyone any ideas as to what it means, what if anything is it's relation to Iobit 360 and how I go about correcting it.?

Cheers Alex.

Archived