IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

"Setup files are corrupted" - can't upgrade ASC

El Guapo

Greetings All,

Another quasi-computer literate newbie here who knows just enough to get himself into trouble...........

I recently upgraded to ASC V3 and ran into some problems. After downloading and doing an initial scan, I was unable to open my default Yahoo browser (IE V8). No biggy I thought, I went and did a system restore thru windows and then my browser would launch properly. But then I noticed my Yahoo supplied McAfee protection was not fully functional so I was forced to reinstall McAfee to get things back to normal.

OK, so I've come full circle after hosing up my system with my initial scan, so now it's time to go back to get a fresh copy of ASC V3 and start over. The existing copy of ASC won't even launch after doing the restore, so I figure I'll uninstall it, download V3 again and all will be fine. No dice. After starting the unistall, windows stops and says:

"The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."

Hmmmm. Won't let me uninstall. That's fine, I'll just download the fresh copy, it will overwrite all the screwed up files and all will be well. Download V3 to desktop, run the install.exe and out pops the same message:

So here I sit, unable to uninstall or reinstall ASC.

Does iobit have a utility for cleaning up crashed versions?

Can I just go in and erase the visible folders and reinstall?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks much

Hi Guapo

Which download site did you use? Cnet - Majorgeeks - ?

Try another site than the one you used.

Do you have something from the program or the program itself running automatically in the background?

Please read Usage of IObit Products located in the Lounge section.

Online Help for IObit Software

Also take a look in Tim Zue's post about the false positive from McAfee!

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=3176

Cheers

solbjerg

Greetings All,

Another quasi-computer literate newbie here who knows just enough to get himself into trouble...........

I recently upgraded to ASC V3 and ran into some problems. After downloading and doing an initial scan, I was unable to open my default Yahoo browser (IE V8). No biggy I thought, I went and did a system restore thru windows and then my browser would launch properly. But then I noticed my Yahoo supplied McAfee protection was not fully functional so I was forced to reinstall McAfee to get things back to normal.

OK, so I've come full circle after hosing up my system with my initial scan, so now it's time to go back to get a fresh copy of ASC V3 and start over. The existing copy of ASC won't even launch after doing the restore, so I figure I'll uninstall it, download V3 again and all will be fine. No dice. After starting the unistall, windows stops and says:

Hmmmm. Won't let me uninstall. That's fine, I'll just download the fresh copy, it will overwrite all the screwed up files and all will be well. Download V3 to desktop, run the install.exe and out pops the same message:

So here I sit, unable to uninstall or reinstall ASC.

Does iobit have a utility for cleaning up crashed versions?

Can I just go in and erase the visible folders and reinstall?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks much

Archived