IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

latest driver update doesn't find the HID I2C device for my dell laptop

mikesw

I've got a Win10 Pro x64 bit image, and a windows server 2022 datacenter x64 bit image on individual recovery partitions that I can swap between to drive C on my Dell inspirion 13 7347 laptop which came originally with windows 8.

All my drivers are mostly installed except for one.

On windows 10 pro, the Intel Serial I2C Host Controller is installed.   It uses the hidi2c.inf and the drivers hidi2c.sys and another that has mshidkmdf.sys file name. Since windows 10 pro installed them, I don't know if it has a catalog or a dll file that comes with it. This is a Microsoft driver and some of the info from the "inf" file is as follows.

lassGuid={745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}
Provider=%MSFT%
DriverVer = 06/21/2006,10.0.19041.1

[Manufacturer]
%MSFT%=Microsoft,NTamd64...1

[Microsoft.NTamd64...1]
%hidi2c.DeviceDesc%=hidi2c_Device, ACPI\PNP0C50

The hardware Id is,

ACPI\VEN_DLL&DEV_0674
ACPI\DLL0674
*DLL0674

The compatible hardware id is,

ACPI\PNP0C50
PNP0C50

When the windows server 2022 datacenter wim image is installed on drive C instead of windows 10 pro on the same laptop, the same hardware id and compatible id applies; however, device manager shows them as unknown and no driver "sys" files are loaded. The hidi2c.inf is also by Micrsoft but the version is,

[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
Class=HIDClass
ClassGuid={745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}
Provider=%MSFT%
DriverVer = 06/21/2006,10.0.20348.1

Iobit and other driver installers are looking for a different I2C device name and will say its installed although the device manager won't show this other hardware id and name in the list nor match it with the one my laptop is looking for.  I've tried pnputil.exe but not the devconv tool. I've tried to use the update driver tool in device manager and point to the directory that the "inf" and "sys" files are in and it won't load. I haven't tried to force them by turning of signature checks.

So iobit needs to add the driver based on my device hardwqare id and/or the compatible hardware id, so that one can reload (or fix) and update to the winserver 2022 version for this driver.

Also note that iobit can't detect the device hardware Id for the Bluetooth "Personal Area Network Service"  BTH\MS_BTHPAN.   Intel gives instructions on how to make this device known by using the device update, select from device list -> bluetooth, and then select the -> Personal Area Network" name. The same holds true for windows server 2022 datacenter.

The attached files are the "inf" and "sys" 56kb for windows 10 pro and the second set is the "inf" and "sys" 84kb for windows server 2022 datacenter.

hidi2c.inf hidi2c.sys hidi2c.inf hidi2c.sys

HELLO & GOOD MORNING CICELY,  This is Krishna Kumar Pillutla from Bangalore, India, I am your value based customer of IOBIT PRODUCTS.  I have been using your programme for the last 10 years if I remember.  Time & again I have been informing you & your erestwhile staff members  regarding a particular suggestions, which has fallen on deaf years to my knowledge.  I do not know how many staff members have joined your company or left the company since then, but my suggestion remains where it is.  I had earlier stated that you club all the IOBIT products, like ASC, UNINSTALLER, BOOSTER, UPDATER & DEFRAGMENTOR, into a single progamme so that it will be very useful for the customers who use this programme find it easy to use the same.  It is just like Microsoft Office 365 where, WINWORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, OUTLOOK & MAGAZINE,are clubbed into one programme & the customer finds it easy to install the same & use these programmes in a single phase.  I hope this can be done for IOBIT products  simultaneously, so that customer/s finds it easy to download & use the same instantly.  Hope you find this suggestion interesting, competitve & user friendly.  Hope you think of this suggestion, & do the needful.

Thanks & Regards

Yours Friendly Customer From Bangalore, India.