IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Odd Display

Theme was Windows XP style in silver, I switched it to Default (blue), no effect, no matter what theme i try.

I did not install the iobit toolbar, all those subfolders are empty.

I think the relation to AVG goes back to when my AVG free linkscanner was blocking access to all iobit.com websites, including this help forum, so I ignored the block to get in. I cant find any ignore/exceptions list within AVG free user interface to investigate.

Tried BitRemover 1.0.0.0, no luck.

Hi beamrider,

I see some differences in the shape of the buttons and arrows, can you please give a screenshot when the theme is default blue?

Although there is no title bar and frame, the size of the window is same as the original.

I still suspect a difference somewhere in adjustments in the default theme, fonts, etc..

Cheers.

Heres an interesting shot. I went back to v1.03 to play around with language, trying various settings, then went back to english, and a second instance of the program started, note the title bar of the first instance program: the title bar did not revert back to english but the rest of the interface did. The second instance is all in english.

I'm guessing sometime after 1.03 is when the location of config.ini was changed from the C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Smartdefrag folder to the C:\documents and settings\application data\....folder.

Probably nothing to do with my problem.

Hi beamrider,

The behaviour of the GUI you described in your last post about the language change is normal.

I am getting out of ideas. Can you please check if the following is the same in your config.ini file.

[interface]

color[1]=14145495

color[2]=16690095

color[3]=16711680

color[4]=16776960

color[5]=65280

color[6]=65535

color[7]=2702567

color[8]=12950718

no, mine are different in config.ini, I assume those are for custom color legend.

[interface]

color[1]=15722479

color[2]=12632256

color[3]=13523233

color[4]=39168

color[5]=4227327

color[6]=2894892

color[7]=2702567

color[8]=16737945

Notice in the latest screenshots, as I click each button:; options, schedule, auto-defrag, then defrag now; bits of the previous screen can be seen in the background.

Maybe there's something broken somewhere in my XP home edition installation. If I'm ever forced to re-install XP home and its bazillion patches and service packs, I'd bet v1.3 will work for me.

I'm not a programmer, but whatever changed after v1.03 seems to make all the difference.

Can I find an older version between 1.03 and 1.1 somewhere?

Thanks to all for trying to help me with this. Bye for now.

Hi beamrider

I would try to untick the option to stop autodefrag when exceeding 20%.

Also in your last screenshot it looks like autodefrag is running while you try a manual defrag?

It looks like you do not have ASC installed? You could try that and then see how it behaved, but read Usage of IObit Products first please.

Cheers

solbjerg

no, mine are different in config.ini, I assume those are for custom color legend.

[interface]

color[1]=15722479

color[2]=12632256

color[3]=13523233

color[4]=39168

color[5]=4227327

color[6]=2894892

color[7]=2702567

color[8]=16737945

Notice in the latest screenshots, as I click each button:; options, schedule, auto-defrag, then defrag now; bits of the previous screen can be seen in the background.

Maybe there's something broken somewhere in my XP home edition installation. If I'm ever forced to re-install XP home and its bazillion patches and service packs, I'd bet v1.3 will work for me.

I'm not a programmer, but whatever changed after v1.03 seems to make all the difference.

Can I find an older version between 1.03 and 1.1 somewhere?

Thanks to all for trying to help me with this. Bye for now.

Archive?

Describe how you archive the various versions? I wonder is somehow this is the source of your issue beamrider? Could a previous version somehow be corrupting the newest version in the exact same fashion, every time you reinstall it??

Just musing and pondering thats all!!!

Archived