IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

The Good old DAYS

itsmejjj

think i should talk a little about my self , i have now been using pc's as a hobby since the first commodore's were made now hitting 65 years young

and this now a full time hobby..

if any one can remember them ? Thy had 2 floppy drives A + B - later on the first 10MG hard drive .we were trilled ,like some one bungee jumping

we could not be leave how much storage we had ,gees i remember the fellars saying one would never fill it

Next thing a mouse ..

we had Dos new rev - 4.00 tm. with all that power ! than came the first real PC 286 ,this this was a power house it came in a big steel box i still remember looking at its inside and just went into "wonderment" she had a 50 mg drive,a video card 500 k had this ather small card it had this mouse on a wire that showed this pointer on the screen ..where was this all going to ,and guess what a printer , with this big box of feeding paper --we heard about a thing called

WINDOWS 3.00 ,we had apps and games on Floppy's ,that were able to store 1 mg --along came a thingy called a modem ,it could talk with pc,s

20 miles away ! than later 100 MILS you know we could download a 2 mg file in a hour!! .that was so fast ..

next thing we had Win 3.1 on our pc's and owed a 386 20 mgz . before we knew it a 486 was introduced..and 100mg drives!

that grew to 500MG drives i still have one today that runs the same as new ..we had now pc's with memory cards 4 mg!

and video cards 1 meg BIG long cards .that went from the front all the way to the back , in its case.next this Sound ! thy were even bigger now we needed a tower case ne'er 3 feet high .were all the gear could fit from the big floppy to the smaller floppy

and 2 hard drives! next thing a cd rom reader..was fitted ,yes that's how i started .

up to then things were really good on the net virus started of as a funny ha hat's

like a bus running at the bottom of ones screen

i remember sitting there one day with my friend's fooling around with our power house.all of a sudden all the text collapsed in a heap to the bottom of the screen! .oh no the screen has died! we unplugged it let it cool try again ,perhaps it was over heating

(it was summer) oh dear we were revealed its ok .and working! few Minni's later the same we saw heap's of letters collapse again .well of to the pc shop,get it checked out ,after a hour or so the retailer told us its 100% ok.we piad the man went home plunged it in .yeh the same happened .that was the first nasty VIRUS invented (and i still have that slimy File) on floppy...

ok we now discovered there are bad guys on the net..how we gonna stop them .No worry's along came McFEE ,and the wonder

floppy virus killer..i think it was 250 k not sure now have to check that .yes i still have them ,boxes .of floppy programs ,

my first mouse driver (commodore's disk) any one remember the tape drives ? same as used for playing music? heeee,

that's going back a while..any how along came more and more devices.more powerful pc's and the nasty virus became more deadly thy now could wipe out a pc ,in a flick of a eye lid .and be leave this thy are still out there !i ran a old virus program from my floppy and found 2 .that the modern scanners cant see .oh there no problem and very harmless ,but there out there!

and always will be.breeding away .having baby one looking for a home..

part one

i hope you will enjoy reading _ also the perhaps educational side----- perhaps pick up some thing from it ,i would like to express all my experience and learning

How to make one safe from the rat bags learned the hard way ,

and still learning!! Please remember i a am a hobby, pc person not a programmer i know how to but cannot Program...

itsmejjj.

Something wonderful about switching on your pc.you watch your chem come to life,amazing this ,it start to almost talk to you,

w hating your command,to do whats asked,so you tell it ok lets play a game ,you hit its icon and away it runs,or hit a ather Icon and your on the net

have you ever sat back ,and wondered ,thinking Boy this is So Good ,every thing runs perfect now you may be doing some sort of typing or home work

perhaps using a program to do whatever you interests are,Suddenly all is frozen ,nothing moves your looking at a stunned pc .no key board,no mouse,your screen,is ether black,blue,our stuck there

with its last view.than as nothing is or rather can be done about it---- bar the reboot,so hit that dreaded button...NOW a little concerned ,sight a little re leaved, as it boot's away and kicks in and away it runs

your gem is ok just a hick up,a well that can happen ,perhaps a power glitch? 10 15 Minn later again ! the same ,you sit up now wondering what THE-------- and again have to hit the reboot.

ok its start's but now we got all this MESSY looking screen ,bits all over the place nothing is working,properly your mouse leaves this trace as if there is a large pita brush smearing the screen...

you now turn of the power ,sit a bit your now getting upset,what up ? so you try again ,come on you mumble ,come on baby go! ,and then your pc looks like as its dead.all you see is a blinking small

line,you nervously grab that boot floppy insert it ,this fix it! it boots.you hear the floppy drive grind away ,up comes all this text ,Showing what stuff gets loaded,and now sit there looking at a prompt. A:\you type in

c:\ and now the pc tells you DO NOT HAVE ONE installed..our cant find one invalid ,Fial,abort,reboot.ok the drive is dead! our perhaps some thing else.of to the pc shop ,walk in and ask them to look as to what wrong

come back the next day .yep your hard drive is dead! ok you take it home ,A little sad ,dissipation you lost all your stuff,but well that's life,we ok ,at least i may get it back or some of it. your thinking better start

this ,whats call back up programs,Store them ,don't ever want that to happen again,so you decide time to look into this.you ask about ,get heaps of advice ,ideas,and think yes ,got to get a virus program running,fire wall,ante this ,ante that.now you read about some Top fire wall ,or antie virus program ,pay up install,this should ,stop this happening agian! you run ok for a while ,but it seems thing take a long time to happen

this or that fails,data loss .programs fial to run, you install or try to fix what May be wrong,as you don't really know what it is!

reinstall,uninstall,it gets no better! Now the format! a dear! ok you redo again ,all now in place ,after a few days .its happening again ,your on the net.done all the fancy updates,all the latest drivers,every day checks.loging in to the programmers,and installing.rebooting,scanning,and things go wrong,its not the same as you had it 2 years back ,its getting no better ,it take a long time to boot as every thing is booting up ,allsorts of thing happen,installs,re-do's changes made ,you really have no idea whats happening, sometimes one get lucky and thing improve,So now you get flusterd ,every time you turn on your Gem,that now your not that happy with,become a bit dissolutened with.

Time to get a new one.Faster ,More power What .needed a bigger PC..Bigger Programs bigger drives .and now you start to get involved in different forums,

trying to understand Stuff.Like Me! always try hard to work out why thing's may be going wrong..and its all part of to days

system..because the net is a dangerous place to be link to ...and all sort of Stuff are there ready to hurt your New GEM....you now pay attention to protect it..

to be continued

itsmejjj

Thank you for allowing me to add to this thread..

it will become very detaled as we go along -

i see some very good post on how to keep one safe,just to mention i was a admin For pcflank for 5 years..till thy decided to close it..where many people

enjoyed my way of posting and adviced on different ways thy could apply

them to a os ..in the hope its all fine to do so here .i have read the main rules and will stick by them..

is it possible to have a part say added to the forum just for this How to keep safe:

Non Free Geo Location database last updated at 2009-05-11.

IP showing mode - "through proxy", your external IP is in field "REMOTE_ADDR", see all request headers on "My request $_SERVER vars" page.

Your IP headers, proxy headers

IP 6.127.192.149 <- it's your IP

REMOTE_ADDR 211.54.10.162

HTTP_USER_AGENT

CONNECTED FROM 6.127.192.149

COUNTRY United States <- it's your country

CITY N/A <- it's your city

my request proxy headers

HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR 6.127.192.149

HTTP_X_FORWARDED empty

HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR empty

HTTP_FORWARDED empty

HTTP_FORWARDED empty

HTTP_VIA HTTP/1.1 http://www.audit (DeleGate/5.9.13), 1.1 OpenProxy-01 (jaguar/3.0-11)

HTTP_USER_AGENT_VIA empty

HTTP_X_COMING_FROM empty

HTTP_COMING_FROM empty

HTTP_CLIENT_IP 20.150.2.225

HTTP_FROM empty

HTTP_PROXY_CONNECTION empty

HTTP_XROXY_CONNECTION empty

HTTP_PROXY_AUTHORIZATION empty

here is my lot thats the Net can gather from my ip ---i i would slowly like to share this with anyone who care to have them same wel stealthed

if this is allowed?

if not please tell me and thats where this post ends..

yours truly itsmejjj

enjoyed reading your thread

Hi itmejjj. I enjoyed your thread. Sounds like you have been at this a long time. I'm a fairly newbie at this PC thing, less than 5 years. I got my PC after 6 months of chemo for colon cancer. I have learned a ton on this forum. There are some of the brightest people you will ever meet here on this forum. I am way out of my league here, but just wanted to add this post to your thread. I have a freeware program called Macrium Reflect. I can have my PC back up and running with out losing one single thing. It will be just like it was. I can do this from a dead hard drive, or cold hard drive. I can replace my hard drive with a brand new one and be back up in less than 30 minutes. I have done this twice and so I know it works. I feel pretty confident and I'm not scared or worry about very many things. I have all the protection programs also. Staring over with those green hills is a bad deal and I doubt if I ever have to do that again.Welcome to the forum, your experience will add a lot and will be appreciated here. There just isn't a better , smarter bunch of people any where. I love and appreciate every one on this forum. Live well.[garybear]

***learning Fast***

So now I have tried to understand learn grasp what i felt was a good thing or Bad thing ,So far i had experienced Loss

of data ,boot fials,even hard drive So corrupted thy are unusable..You now Feel a need to be protected :- Ok so i google

the net to set out to find a type of program made Just for this.--you hit A search Site(like YAHOO) and type in fire walls ,up comes a page

go here or here , you find a site ,that shows you .this fire wall program .clamming what it can Do for YOU .. Mmn ok ? i

download it ,and look for a few more,download them,then i run into a few more scanner types,ante,types,Trojans ,Virus,

scam stoppers pop stopper's ,and a few extra scanners,and perhaps by now have 12 or different app on the hard drive..

i did not realy read,or it was to Bothersome as some of the explanations were (over My head,) meaning nothing to Me

But after all it came from trusted sites! what thy calmed.So no need to bother any further..with all that text..

I feltl very content To have all this Good stuff to install..Hit The Paper Shop Got hold Of The Mags.with Cd disks-and had More Good Stuff...I was giong to Make My pc Fort KNOX!!

So in with the first Program.Yeh FIRE wall

Just click Yes To every thing,Not realy looking what it may be doing.or changing.So all is installed ,reboot ,and all's ok I marvel,

at the programs as its telling you to allow this or that ,you answer as what you thick is Yes or NO ,not really understanding ,But hey its working Good,ok now for the the next one,(back up Foowy to That...) Or simply forgot ,I perhaps should of ,and in went 4 or 5 app ,rebooted ,things look ok..This is So Very Good ! you see all This fancy Pop up Bells,Ring,Danger Flashing

Now Increasing,Blondy marvelous This is...

you feel very confendedt you are better protected..and .bells tell you you are! ,, up pops small windows

telling you you need to get rid of Danger file So and SO .Ohhh yeh Cant have that Spy sitting there ,Better scan again ,Ohhh

Found a heap .gee 'ripper Program's ! "So you blindly rid the siad files..that fix the Junk --

Reboot after the files had been killed of . ok ,this went on a few days .Then the boot starts -to slow ,Blue screen Shows ! or a black one.. Till -yep were back to a corrupted Drive..or perhaps you got it booting fine But your pc now is taking fits.

Could not log to the net,or The mouse it jumping all over the place,this app fials to start ,driver missing,your browser will not start.suger,ok reboot,and this Should fix it ?

than all sort of stuff pop up fial to load .............you sit there blaming the install Apps ,rather Dissipation.But Ok Thats Computing !

Understand ** readers**"" its me i am talking about."".

no worry reinstall ,got this to a fine art now ..in with 95 disk format ,Now this Was A Clever bit Of tec....

and of we go...ok back to the net find a eater one and after a few frustrating days found the one that's working! Just Sheer Luck--

Now -- know it all , after all you now relize the crappy programs -That failed --from the good ones.?? .not realy that one got lucky and installed a "ok" app.....any way you go to a thing called forums, rather New And Becoming Popular..

WhOooo-My oh MY -- look at all that info! you read the posts ,people say this is best or that is best ,get rid of that if you are running it, ------Yes its true We still advice the same But we are talking year 96--97 ------

install this its the best!! , that program or that app is total JUNK...and after a few days Marvell at all this stuff -Forgetting Most

Of the posters Probably only Ether Just Went into pc's (owning one) or a few years Had one...and learning as i ,There were No real peaple .bar a few Programmers..that knew 90% out of 100%

Should of never even looked or found this new form of info! as now you are,Think i Was Becoming a smart person reading all this GooD stuff

And to be Honest ,# parts Was Jibirish,,But after all i read all about it ..

that you realy did not .nor Understood Fully. passed that by,Trusting Your New found Forum,and Freddy Professor Of pc's Apps-a top advicer! of the Site ,--Bla be safe forum-- and Blindly Follow This new Foud GURU Of application's --

You Do what he posted! you trust our New GURU..he got a mile of posts 1000 Star rating

heap of apps- that pointing to download. or not to its Junk...

Freddy GURU,POSTS-- Stated , rid that ,you do, and install what freddy Guru posted .after all he is a expert

So being the Top Dog as you are new to the Bla be safe Forum..See Only Or rather Mostly FREDDY GURU..POSTS

You read ,you read--: Freddy Guru - call this reader and that reader A - D*** head . What seemed gentle people who wanted advice on things ,or gave gentel advice.. If Freddy Guru Did not like It jump in And brand them as

total Newbie pc user's, classing them as l Morons,And Do this or That..

after a few reinstall as Freddy told you how.things still are a mess you now com plane a tiny bit .

with the answer If you done as i posted- you be fine,you try to post its not working and could you be advised What one may be doing wrong ?

The post is answer with Gibberish You cant Fathom,lines of What looks Very impressive C:\bla\bla\bla\ *&^%$#&&***^%

a mile long So called explaining So one set of installing stuff in the hope the same Gibberish showed up on your " screen"

But it just will not ,your gibberish Nook Nothing Like IT ..Most Times Never Got To See It..Um Black screen..

Redo Again..

So back to the Master advisory .who by now is agitated by your requests,starting to abuse Mildly At first Than you end Up In class"Moron!" getting worse with each post. axletree,stupid,should not even own a pc's telling you,you cant even Spell ,and stop posting you back.. a few of Freddy supporters NOW See The Treads Jump in --Start what at the Time Was very Upsetting

Blasting you the same ,calling you names ,i would not put in text!.....Get told By a few of Freddy supporters -

that The GURU -could bust into your system --- 1 secon ---destroy your pc.....because its your fault

your not doing it Freddy's The PC GURU'S way !!! even When posting you tried...but its not working to well. .

you feel inbarrest-intimidated ,Shy away .after all yes ,did not get the chance to learn, and schooling was very short.in ones life ,struggling day to day with the English , writing.,words,meaning, Sort Cummings One would Never Reveal.

"Yes this has truly happened " and is in some places still going on ! ...So now you never log back to Freddy the PC GURU site

That made You sickly ..

and look in ather places ,trying to learn ,you attend a night scool trying to learn better how to spell,use a pc, and find out

your not that silly ,i remember the teacher well ,"a loving old lady" ,very gentel person ,giving us confidence,in our ablation to learn,building us up ,Mind you i am no Sissy !! --" live a hard life ,seen a lot , lived very well! also glad to be alive..

Lucky to of gotten to my age ,where many of my school friend's Now are no more!

Foot NOTE----

I do hope this is giving you the reader somthing! bear with my story

Also thank You Gay bear For The Hi ...yep read Your Posts ,i am slowly 1 by 1 Reading ,but really cant answer to all

Be hogging the Site....I am no GURU that's for sure ..But time Has made me wiser..I install 1-2 system's a week for clients

all sorts of pc makes , free ..most are referred to me,by pc and community volunteers.people..

I install 1-2 system's a week for clients

all sorts of pc makes , free ..most are referred to me,by pc and community volunteers.people..

What operating systems are you installing on these pc's? Will you be changing over to installing Windows 7?

~Maxx~

If people Hand Me a win 7 Disk Yes .that thy Perched ,why not ? ..

Only legal installs are made ..i repair -and reinstall any legal program handed

that's never "cloned or copy's made by myself"

that's my policy .if i am ask for a or add some illegal app .i flatly will not even consider it..as you can understand....

i am testing win7 beta .that's about to run out .as MS ,allowed 90 days only.for testing and not extending any further...

itsmejjj..

oh you ask Systems ,any where from the odd 95,98,2000.and most different version of XP...some odd vista OS are installed ,But XP is the Most used

if ask to update any installs over the net ,i will not Do So..this will be up to the owner to decide..Stops any changes thy may not want...i only use the PURE CD product...

Nowadays...

Time Passes BY

so now time passes on the programs get smarter larger ,as do the bad guys apps,its attack & defend

So now we get a few really good fire wall made .some small some tiny.all using there method of defending

ArmorNett 1.5 ,Black.ice ,LookNstop 2.1 ,Jacobo,Zone alarm,crack fire wall,(not as in Crack) tiny fire wall,and more that i cant remember of hand..

i install test ,try ,all round the 1meg to 4 meg in size, fire walls ,and i finished up with picking one's that's

work for me and still use them today..well 3 really .....now we learn how to .try to stop interference ,with the day to day

surfing ..so really involved check ,fire wall logs ,watch the open windows as thy tally the ip,Tcp/udp.dns,Bouse requests,and so on..learn all the bad ports ,recommended to block,or defend,.get on to testing sites to see

what my system revealed.

Starting with Gib sons, later PC flank,Mcfee,and Therese now redundant,downloaded ,so many ,small blocking apps .

like door cleaner,bug off,avarex,win defender,harden your pc,and a heap of different ,blocking apps-- so of we went to test ,

install uninstall,for years ,getting better and better,till i have it NOW..working out how to keep Any OS from externally yapping.

and stay internal,(system use only) yet still be able to Log to the nett and run fairly Smoothly.Surf normal.without It reconciling

What i use ,or system i Use,Browser,OS,or installed applications,or my ip reveled over the receiving ,requested links,from my system.to be able to lock out any Ip i desire,or feel trying to probe ,scan,as my system in its

state Now will not respond..

But .the hacker,virus,or the kiddo scripted as some pc people call them ,are getting Smarter,Now days needing a average

program 40 or more mg ,Needing to Update,to the piont of every day links,so i set about trying to work out ,could it be done with less,apps ?

1) So what is the reason for the net? sitting back for a while and decide why,--what,is needed,-NOT needed

2} -will i be satisfied, am I going to use it to- chat,watch films, perhaps Browse ANY Sort of sites,Email,upload,Download,What ?

3} will i allow this or that to link out.link in.allow info to flow out ? Or even or in. And Not worry about it

If i do or rather Allow this, where it it going ,And why ?

Do i need ,More than the OS fire Wall IF SO why..?

The first thing ,Get the fire wall Blocking at its peak......

starting at port 135..Make Sure its closed..than work at athers,..till every port was locked down.."be leave this took a while.".to be able to link fairly normal...

working out how and if it would work with the dial up Modem..adsl as router were still not there,at this time not that i knew about .

5}We ended up reading Forums ,Just that ,reading,than joined one that look really Good,now and then post a request ,with realy

good responses.By Now Forums stated to clean up ,"Freddy the GURU" Was put to rest ,this type banded.rules were applied

if you were a member one had to a hear to it..or face lockout..so the rat bags.we sifted out..now we started to learn ..

6 }set about making a set of rules To stick by ,No matter what, and never give into it...

itsmejjj

using Comodo Firewall wall???

here is a sample answer to all the test

Something is preventing the program from sending the massage

Perhaps you have strict rules set up for your web Browser and your Firewall Kicked in and complained,in witch case its outbound firwall detection Mechanisms is working well

------------------- Failed to connect

------------------- failed to send Message

now all the test made and download i have flank use one as well

i don't know if you read it i was one of there admin till thy closed the forum

as it was continually under attack by spammer posting porn..and thy were not able to stop it ..i hung in all the way till one day we saw it closed..

itsmejjj

Archived