IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Program List keeps being deleted by ASC

Hi

How do I stop ASC from deleting my !All Programs" List.

At present I have to do a System Restore to get the list back. It only happens when ASC does its scan and Ican't find the option to stop it from clearing the list.

Im using Win7 RC7400 at present but it also does this in Win XP but only recently in both os's

Great Program otherwise, make my PC feel how it should do. FAST. Win7 was excellent ASC made it Awesome!

Hi summermoon

Have you looked your sweeping option over? And chosen the ones to be cleaned?

Have you read

Online Help for IObit Software

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

How do I stop ASC from deleting my !All Programs" List.

At present I have to do a System Restore to get the list back. It only happens when ASC does its scan and Ican't find the option to stop it from clearing the list.

Im using Win7 RC7400 at present but it also does this in Win XP but only recently in both os's

Great Program otherwise, make my PC feel how it should do. FAST. Win7 was excellent ASC made it Awesome!

summermoon

Hi there.I don't think your problem lies under your Privacy Sweep settings,but rather under Diagnose System,more specifically,System Optimization.First,can you tell us which System Optimization level you have chosen? Fx. Basic > Daily Use etc. Next time you run a scan-do it manually(not using the Care button).Then click on "Problems" revealed from System Optimization.These may be shown in up to five categories,so I'd like to see screenshots of each area before you "repair" anything.We are looking for an item that influences your all programs menu,and will elect to add it to the ignore list once we determine which one it is.

Hi there.I don't think your problem lies under your Privacy Sweep settings,but rather under Diagnose System,more specifically,System Optimization.First,can you tell us which System Optimization level you have chosen? Fx. Basic > Daily Use etc. Next time you run a scan-do it manually(not using the Care button).Then click on "Problems" revealed from System Optimization.These may be shown in up to five categories,so I'd like to see screenshots of each area before you "repair" anything.We are looking for an item that influences your all programs menu,and will elect to add it to the ignore list once we determine which one it is.

System Optimization level = Daily Use (HomeUser)

Screen Shots below:

Hi summermoon,

What do you have in common other than ASC for XP and Windows7?

Cheers.

They are identical systems on one PC. It is setup for quad boot at present. WinXPSP3:Win VistaSP2: Win7RC7400:Ubuntu.

Win7 Is the default Os. Vista I don't use any-more and XP is for my Sony Photo equipment because their are no drivers for them in Vista or XP :(. Ubuntu I use when it all goes wrong and I can't get into the others.

Antivirus is Eset Nod32 V4.

I really don't see anything concerning the deletion of programs list in your Sytem optimization details. Just a wild guess but try to ignore the last one (Foreground.....).

I do use dual booting for Vista and Windows7, but I am unfamiliar with quad booting.

Did you installed ASC for each one (3 of them) seperately?

Cheers.

I'm not seeing anything where I expected to either. Just for the hell of it,uncheck both Windows references in your Privacy Sweep settings.I know Recent Docs. and Run History aren't All Programs,but lets take these off the table anyway.

WELL APOLOGIES ARE IN ORDER TO iobit. ITS NOT YOU BUT MICROSOFT.

There is a 70 item limit in the All programs menu, go over that and it clears the list!

Why did I blame Iobit? well the program always did an automatic clean and each time I check the All program list after this scan they were gone.

What was actually happening was after I had done a system restore the list was reduced by 2 entries. But because Nvidia had release a new driver set that had 2 new items and this installed automatically in the back ground I never realised this was being done at the same time as the scan.

Beers on me next time your 'round.

Cheers:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Archived