IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartDefrag Beta 3 & Lotus Notes 7.0.2

Hi there !

I've being using SmartDefrag Beta 3 Official (June 5) since it was posted.

And since then I Noticed that randomly my Lotus Notes email client behave weird:

- the attach command becomes unavailable, I click the option but then it says "file could not be found"

- the HTML signature can not be found

- the spell checker is unavailable

- etc.

When that happened I never associated with SmartDefrag until one of my colleagues also installed smart defrag and reported to me the same issues I have.

Other colleagues that doesn't have SmartDefrag have not reported anything.

That makes me wonder if SmartDefrag screw up something.

It's important to notice that when Lotus Notes behave that way, I just need to restart it and everything works normal.

My guess is that when Lotus Notes is open some files are stored at a temp location, and when Smart Defrag "defrag" such files they may get screwed.

Any ideas??? I'm attaching a bug report just in case.

P.S. Beside that I know SmartDefrag is a state-of-the-art defragger (if not the best one out there), Iobit, keep that AWESOME work to continue improving SmartDefrag.

Hector

bugreport.zip

HI again.

I've already unchecked the "clean garbage files before defrag"

and still the same issue.

Seems like SmartDefrag is screwing something with Lotus Notes, I have to restart Lotus Notes to fix that issues.

Any idea??? another users have similar problems with Lotus Notes or other programs???

Hector

Btw, I'm attaching a more recent report bug, hope it will be helpful to improve smartdefrag.

bugreport.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Archived