IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

win7 what you think a fair price??

itsmejjj

Ok here is what i really think so far ,it will be the next XP...

i installed this on a OLD SPARE PC ......

Pentium 4---- 1 Gig mem---- 4.2 Gig hard drive..

running from a cradle--

in with win7 , booted from it loaded drivers--

format the drive and install started

14 Minn passed there about.

so FAR , so good---

set preparing to start first time, SLOW--

preparing the deck top,

Running for the first time-----

windows,rather slow -well only i gig mem-4.5 drive!

next--

STARTING win7 --Speedily unproved

all OK, had to install sound,and did install win version sound

but hearing nothing--

went to device manager uninstalled sound drivers installed xp creative labs.

setup app installed it fine.....

got the sound ''

reboot, runs a little slow to start

but when fully booted--fast ----

total of just under 3 gig--on drive running very Very well

spare 1.1 gig on drive

wanted to see if it Could work ..the install running on a old PC wth a small drive! and 1 gig memory..

and it went as i hoped it Would...

been working at this for over a week Now finely got it as wanted

very fast!! no problems .i cut out a lot of useless add ins,

she is blocking 100% as i had it in XP..this is bar far better than VISTA

i recommend any using it (vista) change..Use win7 ,,

its Better than XP perhaps many would not agree--

I have use XP a long time hanging on to it .Now its time to let it Go......

i would add this also it very Munch reminds me of the first XP rev made

the difference is this one will run a very long time without the RES.. packs to come

its a pure state OS win7 this version .

the trick is to disable the fire wall..and the Arther crappy so called MS will look after you, get a good fire wall,a stand alone IP blocker

something Like.Bee think ..that the OS cant interfere with..

i will keep at it but ,it is almost done...

IObitt now is near its final tweaks, and almost stable 99%..most bugs fixed..

any how i am happy with the new OS..

itsmejjj

Ok here is what i really think so far ,it will be the next XP...

How could Windows 7 possibly be the next XP when it has the Vista kernel at its core which has 39 more threads than the XP kernel? Windows 7 also has Superfetch and UAC, as well as the heavy resource consuming Sidebar Feature and Areo Graphics just like Vista does none of which XP has. As far as professionally measured speed and performance go check out these PassMark Performance Test results done at zdnet.com.-

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/XP-Vista-VistaSP-1.png

~Maxx~

http://en.dnstools.ch/show-my-ip.html

try it out see what you tell the world....

here is my next test

IP Address 114.27.46.36 (Integrations for webmasters)

Hostname 114.27.46.36

Remote Port 60454

Protocol HTTP/1.1

eMule ID 620134258

Proxy Proxy detected

Proxy IP 114.27.46.36

Proxy type Anonymous proxy

Proxy name 7BAB33D3DED7CAEB

Access point Country Indonesia ID

Region Jakarta Raya

City Jakarta

Provider PT. Telekomunikasi Selular (Telkomsel) Indonesia

Browser Browser name Rippers

Operating system unknown

can your browser do this ???

look at the above one and this one..on the fly ...

Using Win7 !!

Maxxwire---...lets put it this way ,my win 7 .Fly's

. We tested at the Shop its fly's, beats XP bar far

If you download and run the free trial PassMark Performance Test then you will have professionally derived benchmark based on several criteria including Integer Math and Floating Point Math expressed in several individual performance categories and an overall score that you can compare in equal terms with any other OS that has been professionally benchmarked with the PassMark Performance Test like zdnet did in the graph above where Vista RTM is shown to be faster than all versions of XP which is probably one of the reasons MS chose to build Win 7 around the Vista kernel instead of the early contender the MinWin kernel.

Like I said if you strip down Win 7 to its core elements you will have the same OS as Vista because they both have exactly the same Vista kernel. Most people mistakenly think that Vista is a resource hog because they have never hacked away the resource consuming programs and features that both Vista and Win 7 come with, but I have hacked my Vista OS down to where it runs for as little as 435 MB of RAM which includes its 262 MB System Cache. Which goes to show what we who have been customizing the Vista OS for years have known all along and what you are just now discovering with Win 7 and that is both of these Operating Systems which share the same Vista kernel are not only capable of measured speeds and performance exceeding that of the exceptionally fast XP OS, but can be run very efficiently at the same time in the hands of an adept operator!

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/435MBBenchmark_W.jpg

~Maxx~

The sad thing is that you and all of the others who are in 'the Mad rush when Win 7 hits the streets' could have had everything but the cosmetic changes MS made to Win 7 in the Vista release years ago because you and others knew how to hack Vista and make it run exactly like your hacked version of Win 7 does which you now know is much faster than XP, but your stubborn involvement in XP prevented you from taking advantage of all that Vista, Vista SP1, Vista SP2 and now Vista SP3 which is being released as Win 7 have to offer.

~Maxx~

How could Windows 7 possibly be the next XP when it has the Vista kernel at its core ,sure win7 its different .as with 95 to 98 was ,and the 2000 to XP

was, then vista long horn., now Called VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM

what i am stating is its the replacement, and a good one.A alternative choice

for XP USERS ...

Not quite. The kernel in Windows 2000 had 20 threads and its replacement XP had 40 threads in the kernel making it a huge upgrade over Win 2000. Then the Vista kernel came along with 79 threads and was the biggest upgrade replacement of all! The kernel in Win 7 is the same as Vista with 79 threads which is not an upgrade at all its just the Longhorn Project in a different package with a different name so you will not be embarrassed by running the OS that you 'just could not take to' when it was called by its original name.

~Maxx~

You simply cannot count on Microsoft to provide an honest assessment of Windows system requirements. And as the "Vista Capable" experience has shown us, Microsoft’s vendor partners are no better.

LAST WORD ON THIS I HAVE HAD ENDLESS PROBLEMS WITH long HORN VITA TO ITS LAST BUILD

SO far win 7 is very good no crashes,no blue screen, runs smooth..now for the last 8 weeks

WIN7 .is the answer to vista and XP..

I am sure that those who run XP scoff at your absurd assertion and I along with all of others around the world who have been running Vista for years without compatibility problems or blue screens, but with blazing fast speeds in proved out in legitimate benchtests resent your assumptions based on your brief 8 week experiment.

Your hacked out version of Win 7 may work great on a RAM challenged computer with ancient single core processing and a 4 GB hard drive and that's truly an achievement, but it is certainly no definitive 'answer' for either XP or Vista which run extremely well on computers that were built to run with those operating systems and neither of which need an 'answer'.

You say your hacked version of Win 7 is a better performer than either XP or Vista but until you prove it by submitting benchtest results from a legitimate Performance evaluation tool like the free Win 7 compatible PassMark Performance Tests that also has results available for XP and Vista your alleged superiority of Win 7 is entirely based on your word only and not on legitimate proven test results which are comparable worldwide.

You say you already have 400 GB of programs on your Win 7 computer so you can certainly afford adding another 11 MB for the free Win 7 compatible PassMark Performance Tests and take a few minutes of your time to prove to all of us XP and Vista users just how well your hacked Win 7 OS performs in a legitimate internationally recognized and respected benchtest. Here are the zdnet PassMark Performance test results that already exist for XP and Vista for your comparison to Win 7...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/XP-Vista-VistaSP-1.png

So enough with all of the endless undocumented boasting and please prove to us once and for all whether or not Win 7 truly is the 'answer' XP and Vista.

~Maxx~

Mmmm .WIN7 .is the answer to vista and XP.. should of read MY answer!!

"So enough with all of the endless undocumented boasting"

bit rough :boasting: ??? "absurd" i looked this up in the directory not nice ??

listen young man, you been brainteasing - criticizing ,from my very first post

that i took as part of opinion,from a member ,and in my stride.

be a little more conservative Please .no need for name callings--

,i am trying to spell and place the right words,its takes me a long time to submit a post that i hope is readable..

you are slowly starting to make fun of me at my expense and now feel a target

of abuse! i would like you to retract this statement...

i did ask you if something i posted upset you and if it did ? i am very sorry!

i was thinking it as informative and of interest to readers ,nothing to do with showing of or how clever i am if any thing, i struggle day to day in my life,

with illness,pain,and the English words ,we have a opinion that we posted you have your i mine..

and no mater the out come of the different thinking's there is no need to become abusive,or try to make a member look like someone that's a backward idiot-

if you feel strongly towards myself than please refrain from posting in my threads ,again its in the hope i did not upset, yourself in any way ..

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

Is there any way we can help you formulate your posts?

They can sometimes be very hard to follow and understand

What is your native language? (Korean?)

Do you have any other language besides your mother tongue?

Do you use online free translation services?

I would like to help you if I can (at least once in a while) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Mmmm .WIN7 .is the answer to vista and XP.. should of read MY answer!!

"So enough with all of the endless undocumented boasting"

bit rough :boasting: ??? "absurd" i looked this up in the directory not nice ??

listen young man, you been brainteasing - criticizing ,from my very first post

that i took as part of opinion,from a member ,and in my stride.

be a little more conservative Please .no need for name callings--

,i am trying to spell and place the right words,its takes me a long time to submit a post that i hope is readable..

you are slowly starting to make fun of me at my expense and now feel a target

of abuse! i would like you to retract this statement...

i did ask you if something i posted upset you and if it did ? i am very sorry!

i was thinking it as informative and of interest to readers ,nothing to do with showing of or how clever i am if any thing, i struggle day to day in my life,

with illness,pain,and the English words ,we have a opinion that we posted you have your i mine..

and no mater the out come of the different thinking's there is no need to become abusive,or try to make a member look like someone that's a backward idiot-

if you feel strongly towards myself than please refrain from posting in my threads ,again its in the hope i did not upset, yourself in any way ..

itsmejjj

itsmejj- I am not a young man, but rather I a 59 year old adult with a university education having majored in mathematics and the sciences who is simply asking you to give proof of your claims about Win 7 being 'the answer to XP and Visa'. I didn't mean to offend you in fact I was even kind enough to provide you with the means to prove your claim. So please just substantiate your claims with the Performance benchtests just as in any computer scientist would and we will all finally know the truth about your statement.

~Maxx~

Hi jjj

You are welcome!

Before deleting this thread I'll have to get an OK from Maxx and Namelesswonder.

Cheers

solbjerg

Dear sir thank you for the kind offer :

and could you please get rid of this tread .

i feel a little sad just now, and stop posting fore a time.

many thank you for your kindness....

itsmejjj

jjj- Please know that I didn't mean to offend you. Your knowledge of computers is amazing and I thank you for sharing it with us, but please remember that when you go onto the world stage and make sweeping claims it would be best to bring with you proof in the way of performance tests of what you are saying so that there will be no room for doubt that what you are saying is true. That way what happened here will never happen again because I am not the only person in the world who will want to see the proof that you have of the claims you make.

~Maxx~

Hi jjj

Try these:

http://www.appliedlanguage.com/free_translation.shtml

http://www.freetranslation.com/

if your native language isn't among the choices you can google for a free translation service that can translate between you own native language and English.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I PM'd you!

Do you use online free translation services?

yes ! this would be very good can this help spelling and putting i corrective sentences?

can you say to me how to do this ! and where to get a program for this?

thank you ...

Hi solbjerg,

Before you decide to delete or not, I think it is better to close the thread, as the thread starter itsmejjj wants to stop the thread.

I am closing it, but if you wish to continue, please feel free to open it again.

Thank you and cheers.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED!!!

Archived