IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

RegSeeker

Ted

Just wondering if anyone here has ever taken the bull by the horns and deleted all the swag of entries that RegSeeker finds after a scan ( I always delete only the green ones ). An optional backup is created, so that is a comforting safety-net.

Ted- How many entries did RegSeeker find? Are the candidates for removal from the registry each clearly labled with an easily identifiable reference to the program they came from with easy access offered to the registry keys that each of them represent?

~Maxx~

Bull by the horns

Just wondering if anyone here has ever taken the bull by the horns and deleted all the swag of entries that RegSeeker finds after a scan ( I always delete only the green ones ). An optional backup is created, so that is a conforting safety-net.

Hi Ted. I do that all the time. I select all and pull the trigger. I've been doing that for years. I don't know that it has ever caused me any problems. That's what I do. Different PC"S act differently,so please don't take my experience for any value. I down loaded Power Tools Lite. It found 300 temps and 10 registry items. Pulled the trigger on that also. Waiting to see what don't work after using that program. That's what system restore if for (LOL . If system restore won't fix it, Macrium will.

Maxxwire,

After running all my other cleaners RegSeeker usually finds about 370 entries including eight or nine green (Safe) ones. The remainder are made up of: EXTENSION Not used, "Open With" entry unused, File or Path does not exist and Invalid ActiveX/Com entry (CLSID).

Garybear,

Your confidence and daring are to be admired. You are far braver than I am, but as you say, with System Restore and Macrium to fall back on..... where is the danger?

Trust Macrium

Maxxwire,

After running all my other cleaners RegSeeker usually finds about 370 entries including eight or nine green (Safe) ones. The remainder are made up of: EXTENSION Not used, "Open With" entry unused, File or Path does not exist and Invalid ActiveX/Com entry (CLSID).

Garybear,

Your confidence and daring are to be admired. You are far braver than I am, but as you say, with System Restore and Macrium to fall back on..... where is the danger?

Hi Ted. I'm not brave because I know Macrium will put every thing back just like it was. Been there and done that. The only way you are ever going to be confident is to use Macrium. It won't let you down. ActiveX will come back if they are needed. the others are probably just taking up space. Those not used entries are probably old uninstalled programs. Restoring with Macrium is a piece of cake my friend. Twenty minutes and your right back where you were. Those 370 entries are bugging you. I can see that so pull the trigger and never worry again. If your not confident Macrium will put every thing back, what good is it. Live well my friend.

Archived