IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System Tray - Start Up

Hi,

I am having a problem with Smart Defrag?

I have checked the box which says - load with windows at start up

Well, everytime I start windows, it does not put the icon in the system tray, like it should?

But if I uncheck the box, then check the box again, restart windows it shows in the system tray?

I have uninstalled it, but still the problem exists?

I even made a short cut to the startup folder, but it still will not add the icon to the system tray?

Is there a registry hack, that I can do, to make it show in the tray?, all the time?

Hmmm... Because I am tired of unchecking/checking the load up box...

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks

Riptorn

A quick question and my apologies if you have already tried this :smile:

Did you also tick Minimize to system tray when program is closed ?

I have both that and Load automatically at Windows start up ticked and everything is happening as it should

All the best, woz of oz

System Tray Icon Disappears - Still Not Resolved

I can confirm that this problem has been identified by other users in a thread from January 2009 and that the problem is still there.

On my Acer Laptop with Vista Home Premium the system tray icon appears randomly; sometimes when I start my laptop it is there and sometimes it is not.

Irrespective of whether the icon is there or not the application seems to be running in the background.

Please IObit, enlighten us.

Does anyone having this difficulty have auto defrag enabled?

I have same problem in win7 Rc. Have both start with windows and minimise to tray ticked. Also have auto defrag enabled.

If I disable auto defrag (which I don't really want to as an important part of smart defrag) will this mean it will show in task bar?.

That's what I'm trying to determine.Will you be our "Beta Man" here for a moment?

If I can be of help Detailer. As long as it doesn't mean Beat-up Man

By the way (I don't use abbreviations as they annoy me), I have resolved the problem in win7 RC of icon not showing. By the following method.

1. Set both smartdefrag.exe and SDinit.exe to 'run as administrator' in the Iobit/smartdefrag folder.

2. Checked and set permissions in security tab of properties to allow on all boxes for administrator and system, on both files properties in smartdefrag folder

This seems to have resolved issue and now smart defrag starts with windows and shows icon in task bar.

Maybe the same changes would work for those running Vista with same problems.

Archived