IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Autodefrag and maximize button....

hi. i am running beta 3.1 of ISD. i have two questions about two possible bugs in this beta.

1. i am not sure what autodefrag is supposed to do. it runs when the system first boots and ISD loads in the systray, but after that i don't notice any action from autodefrag at all. is this a bug, and will it be corrected in the next beta?

2. it is impossible to maximize the ISD window. the maximize button does nothing.

any info on these two bugs is much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Hi philbee,

None of them are actually bugs, but the second one is a user interface issue.

For the first one, intentionally do not defrag for a while and when the fragmentation comes to a certain level, you will find that auto-defrag will work.

Certainly, start with windows should be checked for ISD to watch the fragmentation.

If you just have a look to the older posts in the forum, you may find valuable information.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype.

I assume that you are currently using beta 3.1

So far I have not seen autodefrag goes active, perhaps My HDD has not fragments to the level when autodefrag triggers.

Every boot, the icon seems active (autodefrag on), that's so far what I've noticed.

But what I can tell is that now it seems that autodefrag really works (since past versions as soon as installed didn't perform an autodefrag routine).

I'll keep on watching and making tests

For the first one, intentionally do not defrag for a while and when the fragmentation comes to a certain level, you will find that auto-defrag will work.

What is the level that makes ISD to go into auto-defrag mode again?

What happens if the computer is shutdown before it comes this far?

Auto-Defrag

Here is a bit of information from IObit.

Question:

What is the fragmentation level or the criteria that ISD Auto-Defrag starts defragmentation?

Information:

Auto-defrag will stop its work when no inactive fragments in system partition can be defragged. But there is still some fragments in system partition due to many fragmented files are running. You can not defrag file that are running. For example, you are surfing the Internet with FireFox2 and auto-defrag can not defrag all fiels related to FireFox2. Autodefrag will only defrag them when you exit FireFox2.

I'm pretty sure that there must be more criteria than these alone.

Four days ago I've downloaded a file of 34 MB. It consists of about 400 fragments. That file is not in use by whatever software.

It still consists of 400 fragments, while it could have been fragmented in the meantime.

I have a feeling that defragmentation is strongly focused on the system drive (the C-drive). On the C-drive there's hardly fragmentation visible, on the D-drive the fragmentation is higher, on the E-drive even more higher and everything beyond that is not defragmented at all.

Archived