IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

iobit errors and bugs

vivek

First before detection,and the test comparison i will first start with the bugs of the iobit..

The major bug in the current version of the iobit is that it keeps downloading the update again and again after the update process has been completed. u may think that it updates to a newer database. but its not. the update size is 423kb still it keeps downloding the update when i start the computer.so inorder to fix it i tried to uninstall ans reinstall the iobit.now there is no iobit in my computer but it still request for update where my computer doesnt own iobit. but still it request me for the update..

Another major bug in iobit is that it shows me the wrong antiviruse and wrong firewall in the old and the latest version. i own a kaspersky internet security and spyware doctor with kaspersky firewall on but iobit detects my firwall as follows check this link hear

direct link: http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4112/magicalsnap200909281047.png

download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jyiqdwmz1mn

First before detection,and the test comparison i will first start with the bugs of the iobit..

The major bug in the current version of the iobit is that it keeps downloading the update again and again after the update process has been completed. u may think that it updates to a newer database. but its not. the update size is 423kb still it keeps downloding the update when i start the computer.so inorder to fix it i tried to uninstall ans reinstall the iobit.now there is no iobit in my computer but it still request for update where my computer doesnt own iobit. but still it request me for the update..

Another major bug in iobit is that it shows me the wrong antiviruse and wrong firewall in the old and the latest version. i own a kaspersky internet security and spyware doctor with kaspersky firewall on but iobit detects my firwall as follows check this link hear

direct link: http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4112/magicalsnap200909281047.png

download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jyiqdwmz1mn

IObit Security 360 RC is an outdated version.Try downloading the latest version (v 1.0) to see if the errors are resolved.

I have not experienced these update errors.

I have been noticing a similar problem (which could very well be the same problem, but I haven't truly looked deeper into it) being that I get prompted to download multiple updates throughout the same day. I think over the week or so that I have had the application, I have probably downloaded at least 2-3 updates a day!

The size of the setup file I have is 8.87Mb.

I have also noticed that on occasion when downloading the 'update', I get an error stating something along the lines of not having enough disk space for the update. However that is never the case, as I have over 50GB of free space on my drive.

Hi ShadowProwler420,

Yours is not a problem, as, IS 360 updates the database 2-3 times a day, this is a very positive action for a security software. Most of the major AV and security softwares do the same thing.

Also, the size of your setup file is correct.

For the error message, please supply us a screenshot when it happens again.

Cheers.

Hi ShadowProwler420,

Yours is not a problem, as, IS 360 updates the database 2-3 times a day, this is a very positive action for a security software. Most of the major AV and security softwares do the same thing.

Also, the size of your setup file is correct.

For the error message, please supply us a screenshot when it happens again.

Cheers.

Forgive my skepticism, but this is honestly the first type of security software that I have used that has updated its database multiple times in the same day (hell, even your own Advanced SystemCare program doesn't update that often).

I've talked to a few of my IT instructors about this (before I even made my original post), and they also don't believe it should be updating that often. They've asked me if it was still in Beta (thinking that would be the rationale for the frequency of updates), of which I obviously said 'no'. They can understand maybe updates coming maybe once a WEEK or perhaps even once or TWICE a week. But multiple updates a DAY?? That sounded kinda fishy to them.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk smack or badmouth this application, I just wanted to comment on a 'red flag' I noticed and got some opinions on.

And just for the record, I've been a user of Advanced SystemCare since the days it was called "Advanced WindowsCare" and have been happy with it (I even recommend it to all my IT friends)! ;)

Hi ShadowProwler420.

ASC is more of an all-around optimizing program with a spyware scan & security defense thrown in. It doesn't really need to update definitions that often. I myself would not touch an anti-malware or antivirus program that didn't update 1-2 times per day. Even malwarebytes usually updates definitions at least 1 usually 2 times per day, but the program itself may update once every couple of months.. here is a quote on that:

"• The program updates daily and as often as two times a day to stay on top of the latest threats as they occur."

samr.

Hi ShadowProwler420,

Please tell your IT friends and instructors to read the recent articles about security, I suppose they have been a bit far away from security softwares.

For example, you can find one of yesterdays, on post #3 of THIS thread.

Even, the 3 years old articles in the first post of the same thread!!!

FYI, I use McAfee which is not favorite AV program on the market, but it updates the database 3-4 times a day, that is what IS 360 is doing exactly, updating the database of malware to secure the user from them. I don't know the exact figure, but incredible number of malwares are entering the web every day. (BTW, the definition of a day of web is 48 hours!!!8) )

Although I am not from IObit, I am very happy that you like and advice ASC, and I am sure that you will be recommending IS 360 as you do ASC to your friends in very near future.:-D

The originator of this thread, vivek, has an issue of setup file, I belive, and it seems to be a problem, as far as seen from the description, and nothing to do with frequent real database updates by IObit.

Cheers.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Passive Protection Bug

When I try to activate Firefox cookie protection i get an error message

"Error executing SQL, Error[1]:SQL error cv missing data base. Insert into moz_hosts values (1,"doubleclick.net,""cookie",2) Table moz_host has 6 columns but 4 values were supplied.

I cant seem to activate Firefox cookie protectin

Archived