IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New to this and really need help

Karen Eason

I think my brower may have been hijacked by a torrent downloaded of the internet. I ran my Orbit 360 and it found 19 threats and removed them. When I try to get on the the internet it takes me to a page full of links having nothing to do with what I was looking for.

I got this message on a Security alert:

Name calc

Path rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\calc.dll,_IWMPEvents@0

Description Unknown start up item

Process rundll32.exe

Also, I am getting this message from Windows:

C:\Windows\system32\config\SYSTEM~1\ntuser.dll

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

I think my brower may have been hijacked by a torrent downloaded of the internet. I ran my Orbit 360 and it found 19 threats and removed them. When I try to get on the the internet it takes me to a page full of links having nothing to do with what I was looking for.

Name calc

Process rundll32.exe

Hi Karen. I think all the big guns are taking the day off. You might try Scanning with Malwarebytes, IObit 360, and Superantiyspyware in the safe mode. I'm by no means an expert on viruses but some times you can get rid of these rascals in safe mode when you can't get rid of them in normal mode. It will give you some thing to do till the big guns get back. I'm sure they will want a hijack this log. My suggestion will not hurt any thing and it's worth a try while your waiting for better advice from the pro's. Live well{garybear}

Karen you have adware and that is a type of spyware (malware) that hijacks your browser. It can also lock itself into your system restore so when you think it's deleted it simply reinstalls itself when you reboot.

Disable system restore and run a full scan with IO bit 360, malwarebytes is also very good at ridding adware. Always update 1st.

• 2 months later...

Name calc

Process rundll32.exe

hi karen, i'm kristy, i agree with gary bear on running the malwearbytes and the iobit 360. some people dont really understand the hijack this analysis especially if you are new to this so on that case i resorted to the eset online scanner. it does the work for you. of course i am pretty new to this also so im taking it for a test drive as well. i dont understand the hijack this myself. and as it seems- i have only had advanced system care for a couple of days but the problems that i was having with my pc it seems like its pretty awesome you just have to explore and experiment with every feature that it has to offer to get to know what its capable of. i was having some problems very similar to what you described that you are having and i explored and experimented with all the features and my system is running way better now than it was before.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy birthday!

Hi dukesgirl

Happy birthday!

Here is my birthday gift for you :-)

Usage of IObit Products

Please read all of it :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

hi karen, i'm kristy, i agree with gary bear on running the malwearbytes and the iobit 360. some people dont really understand the hijack this analysis especially if you are new to this so on that case i resorted to the eset online scanner. it does the work for you. of course i am pretty new to this also so im taking it for a test drive as well. i dont understand the hijack this myself. and as it seems- i have only had advanced system care for a couple of days but the problems that i was having with my pc it seems like its pretty awesome you just have to explore and experiment with every feature that it has to offer to get to know what its capable of. i was having some problems very similar to what you described that you are having and i explored and experimented with all the features and my system is running way better now than it was before.

Are you confident on your computer knowledge?

I know what I would do but that's me. I would go to my C:\Windows\system32\calc.dll,_IWMPEvents@0 and backspace up to calc.dll and reboot. But thats me and I only download from sites I know are fairly trusted. But with more and more viruses and adware popping up it's always a good idea to scan right after a download ;-)

Archived