IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Shows tracking cookie dave@atdmt.com on every scan

btuner

Shows tracking cookie dave@atdmt.com on every scan on two different systems I have tested IO360 on. One system is Vista and other WinXP Pro.

If ask IO360 to remove the cookie and it will reappear on every scan. If I scan the system with my Norton Internet Security quick scan, after IO360 removal the cookie is found as an orphan indicating IO360 is not removing the cookie correctly. It appears IO360 is creating this cookie from my testing

I guess bottomline is IO360 is not removing the cookie

samr thank you for comments.I guess bottomline is IO360 is not removing the orphan cookie fully and needs a little work, as Norton is totally removing the orphaned parts. I tried the altas opt out link, before running IO360 or Norton and their tool tells me I do not have their cookie...interesting.

Hi btuner

Take a look in the address shown in the attached .pdf file (zipped)

It seems that it is created by Microsoft and one is unable to block it by traditional means.

So I guess that if one wants to allow all Microsoft activity, the easiest way to achieve that this tracking cookie isn't found everytime, is to place it in the ignore list.

I can alway be removed from there if another method is found to block it.

Cheers

solbjerg

samr thank you for comments.I guess bottomline is IO360 is not removing the orphan cookie fully and needs a little work, as Norton is totally removing the orphaned parts. I tried the altas opt out link, before running IO360 or Norton and their tool tells me I do not have their cookie...interesting.

Hi again btuner

I have tried very many things - non have worked.

At one point I got the message that I had 1 problem in Security Defense

I checked and sure enough it was the cookie atdmt which was shown as not blocked but under consideration. I blocked it and then hoped the problem was solved, but the setting was ignored.

So it seems for the moment like the use of another browser is the only solution.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi btuner

Take a look in the address shown in the attached .pdf file (zipped)

It seems that it is created by Microsoft and one is unable to block it by traditional means.

So I guess that if one wants to allow all Microsoft activity, the easiest way to achieve that this tracking cookie isn't found everytime, is to place it in the ignore list.

I can alway be removed from there if another method is found to block it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived