IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Memory Leak

jgreenwa

Has anyone noticed a memory leak condition using Smart Ram under XP? I was having extreme performance issues (came on all of a sudden).

While I have extensively used the other IObit features, I have never used Smart Ram but thought I might have a memory leak (based on some internet research). I installed Smart Ram and did some additional watching and searching. It turned out that a Firefox add on was the main culprit. After I uninstalled the add in, I thought that having the Smart Ram meter on all the time would be a good thing. But as I watched over time, my amount of free memory kept going down.

I installed yet another utility called Memokit which graphs memory usage over time and lets you go back to view history. I also installed Memory Zipper wich recovers and defrags memory. Sure enough, Smart Ram seemed to be the main player. I have disabled Smart Ram and run for 3 days now. Using MemoKit, I can see that the Free Physical Memory is now stable.

Just curious if any one else has seen this?

Thanks,

Jay Greenwald

Good results here

One week ago I wanted to check what benefit, if any, SmartRam gave me on my Acer Aspire One NetBook, XP, SP3

I didn't use any special measuring tools I just checked TaskManager Performance.

SmartRam is set to Auto Free On only

The tests were done on the same day with nothing added, I had updated all databases before doing the test.

The following figures are rounded down and are for Physical Memory - Available (Edit to stress Available, as suggested by solbjerg :-) )

Start and let it idle on the DeskTop for 3 minutes:

No SmartRam = 670000 SmartRam = 750000

Immediately after FireFox launch:

No SmartRam = 610000 SmartRam = 714000

While working with FireFox:

No SmartRam = 567000 SmartRam = 710000

FireFox still running and leave to idle for 3 minutes:

No SmartRam = 592000 SmartRam = 730000

Exit FireFox and let it idle on the DeskTop for 3 minutes:

No SmartRam = 677000 SmartRam = 750000

I am very happy with these results :-)

By the way, which FireFox Add-On was giving you trouble ?

All the best, woz of oz

Hi wozofoz

Nice test - perhaps it ought to be stressed that the figures are for Physical Memory Available :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

One week ago I wanted to check what benefit, if any, SmartRam gave me on my Acer Aspire One NetBook, XP, SP3

I didn't use any special measuring tools I just checked TaskManager Performance.

SmartRam is set to Auto Free On only

The tests were done on the same day with nothing added, I had updated all databases before doing the test.

The following figures are rounded down and are for Physical Memory - Available

Start and let it idle on the DeskTop for 3 minutes:

No SmartRam = 670000 SmartRam = 750000

Immediately after FireFox launch:

No SmartRam = 610000 SmartRam = 714000

While working with FireFox:

No SmartRam = 567000 SmartRam = 710000

FireFox still running and leave to idle for 3 minutes:

No SmartRam = 592000 SmartRam = 730000

Exit FireFox and let it idle on the DeskTop for 3 minutes:

No SmartRam = 677000 SmartRam = 750000

I am very happy with these results :-)

By the way, which FireFox Add-On was giving you trouble ?

All the best, woz of oz

Archived