IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What Do I Use -and Do!!!

itsmejjj

reading my data base found this i kept --

i have posted this just to enplane the difference

of so called experts---by -Ray, November 25, 2002

Why Programmers are not Software Engineers

People toss about the term 'software engineering' as if programming were just another engineering discipline.

Programming is 100 percent design. And that design is vastly more complex than the typical true engineering effort of comparable cost. Said another way, an engineering project of similar logical complexity to a software program is far more expensive.

Much of the reason for that low cost is that programming has no comparable build phase that, in some other field, might consume the vast majority of the total cost.

Programming is dramatically cheaper than a similarly complex physical project.

Programming doesn't fail in the same sense that an engineering project can fail. Programs never fail because of faulty materials or shoddy workmanship -- except in the compilation phase, perhaps, but in that case the program doesn't even exist. Programs don't fail because of use beyond their rated capacities, although they may fail because they foolishly accept input or a load beyond their capacities.

Programs only fail due to design flaws.

Ignoring terminology for the moment, the reason that software quality is so much lower than one might expect is fundamentally economic. The 'engineering' phase, the design, represents nearly the entire cost of the actual development. The only place where costs can be shaved is design. The building blocks of the actual construction, opcodes, are essentially free.

Software doesn't meet engineering standards, largely for economic reasons.

And, lastly, an engineer is one so designated by government. With that title comes certain legal responsibilities. 'Software engineers' are neither designated as such nor are they held to engineering standards.

Engineer is a title conferred by the state and it may not even be legal to call yourself a 'software engineer'.

On the other hand, the best programmers I've met don't call themselves engineers at all. They call themselves programmers, coders, and hackers. Evidently, there is no shame in that. Let's leave the engineering title to those who have earned it and accept the responsibilities that come with it.

We should be thankful that we aren't held legally responsible for the performance of our designs.

so where do i fit all 3 ( programmer , coder, and hacker)

and if asked to pass a test -made for this -fuddle and finally faint- ehhhh

its a hobby for me -i fool around with lots of stuff- sometime get lucky -other times need help from my friends--------------

itsmejjj

now while every one is working out what thy think--

a little on fire walls----

what i believe thy should be---the first thing -trigger a warning! ---

your net ip --it should ask ----if its safe -thy all do! this ?

yehh go on --NEXT thing that pops up --SVHOST (MS) every time--

next --your browser ---next localized Security----

followed by apps that want to link ---then MS Protocols--may be added

that want to listen

from here on in -you would of told the fire wall yes or no---

and your on your way ---

very simplistic -from her on its looking after your system ---not scanning

for virus or mala'wares, just the above ----a pure fire wall that cares less about any other ! (fire wall or a ip stopper) if added to allow! not hey get that of and use only our ones --

--now -what i found most fail to ask -you

to ether block ,or warn you about ICMP hits (giving you a chance to black list it) yes its true--

some show a pop up or have a log rolling along-----big deal -

" ohh did you see that dear ? the wife tells you--

what where?!

the pop up sings out! its,whistler- har--dee ho ..were are good uhhh-...---and by the time you get you specks on its gone!

now here is a top add in-by some. and most ! the rolling log!

if you are fast, drop that cup of tea, spit out the biscuit-- grab the mouse . point to the number you think is right and hope , now frantically pointing the ,Mouse about, to find it -as its scrolling up or down-- a sugar ,it's ok got it--- found YA ----then you -can left click -and add to ban.BLOCK this ip ?

mostly , you have to type this in - SUCCESS, you do ,ITS ADDED ---

"yes!! got ya!! "

now you start ,-DANCING AROUND THE ROOM !-doing a Mombasa and shuffle!!-- you scream arms in the air ,or clenched fist .our shadow boxing--

yes ,YES!!

-the dog is now barking-the wife lifted 8 feet in the air. HOLDING HER CHEST,whats the matter dear!! YOU NOW HAVE TO CALM DOWN THE DOG ,AND THE WIFE--she calling you a stupid old idiot! for near causing her a fatal hart attack,,and then cussing you --the rest of the day you get to make your own cup of tea..

by the time you did this ,you missed 90 others ip's -THAT TRIED TO WHACK YOU--

THINGS ,NOW SETTLED, -BACK TO THE PC -IN THE CHAIR, READY FOR THE NEXT ONE--you are fired up -ready for the kill !

your Eyes , now rolling .looking intensely- ! you end up getting that dizzy -fall of the chair! the wife yells out again will you stop that! you scramble back on to the chair- froff'ing at the mouth,dribbling-

now and then ,or lose focus -start crying! then need a hankie - by the time your good -you lost 150 more ---and give up! no never -

hoping your fire wall blocks well--and you got hold of your self-

you watch the log you see them-trying to keep a sharp eye on the NUMBERS,-as you try to copy it more are added and you keep losing the one you wanted to stop --casing nausea,

and more dizziness----

NOW YOU WOULD THINK THE PEOPLE THAT BUILD ALL THIS EXTRA AD INS

in the modern fire walls,WOULD OF WORKED THIS OUT ? as thy get many reports of people who injure them self s -adding cost to the hospital , bills ,as this is unresolved and fixable,as yet ,making ,antidotes-to try and stop this from happening!

what am i talking about -if a icmp attack is made -your fire as it block this adds this to a black list-automatically ? -that you can clear -at the end of a session or leave --very simplistic!

someone pinging or scanning you -the same would apply --the offender would be added to a black list --

any one that uses a ip blocker this is nearly added -but not auto..mode still

very easy to add, you can click on a ip

add it instant--building a blocking list! or for that matter a white list--]

now this would stop stress on doctors nurses and a over worked health system ?? trying to find a cure for a stressed out idiot!!

ok to be continued

hope you do not mind the funny parts--

itsmejjj

Hi usefull !

Yes - the stream of consciousness can be hard to follow - sometimes rather funny though. :-)

I rewrote this (Hope you don't mind) :-)

Life goes on - ain't that sweet.

Don't give up - get back on your feet.

If you take a breath you'll be Okay,

a smile will take you through another day!

Cheers

solbjerg

Nice post but hard to comprehend for me.. (Need to learn more) :mrgreen:

Hi usefull !

Yes - the stream of consciousness can be hard to follow - sometimes rather funny though. :-)

I rewrote this (Hope you don't mind) :-)

Life goes on - ain't that sweet.

Don't give up - get back on your feet.

If you take a breath you'll be Okay,

a smile will take you through another day!

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you! :-D,much better now. Slight re-edited them.

We hijacked your thread

I am sorry to say

The thread was yours j j j

hope there won't be hell to pay! :-)

Will hand it back to the master jester

- do go on - before this fester. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I got your PM mister poet and don't know it. Thought I would hijack jjj's thread too.LOL PS I liked your poem. Why not share it here with every one.

Life

OK gary

In response to your wish for a better world I'll send you this.

I wrote it several years ago.

Life

Life is a piece of shit,

if we do not honour it!

It is a world of wonder,

if we do not pull it asunder.

So put your energies to love,

forget the push and shove.

The egotism is abundant,

it's hard to make redundant,

but try at least a little bit!

Use compassion and maybe wit.

If you create an honest smile,

you’ll clear the road - at least a mile.

Cheers

solbjerg

I got your PM mister poet and don't know it. Thought I would hijack jjj's thread too.LOL PS I liked your poem. Why not share it here with every one.

http://www.ursoftware.com/

now THIS I USE and its realy the better one ---i have used it since its first build---worth a try for anyone ?

tip when uninstalling-- the programs used, default(lets say we tweak you)

what happens is YU uses es that uninstaller--ok a pop up shows -you need to re boot--DON'T--CLOSE that !! lett YU Finnish first--IT tells you When DONE--

try it if you have not yet done so --

itsmejjj

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

gary bear uses this --there you are --free version--- i was reading the post he made

NOTICE no hijacking ? .

any way--the trick i posted is very important--let the uninstaller do the work

do not re boot before its done---

ok now here is a other --http://www.perfectuninstaller.com/

or http://www.perfectuninstaller.com/help/

look its a matter of taste--

read and you decide if its worth thy $ cash my YU is fully registered--

well just tried the the free bee --not as good as YU --why?

yes it was fast -to fast --it did not scan the c:> drive totally ---

the difference is -yu, and Your uninstaller SCAN Evey file.plus every folder ---

this would take 5 -10 min-nits depending what is on the drive--

and use the default uninstaller of the said program-if there is one --you are getting rid of--

but for free -hey its ok---

itsmejjj

http://www.peerblock.com/

win 7 ready and working --for the ones interested--

PeerBlock lets you control who your computer "talks to" on the Internet. By selecting appropriate lists of "known bad" computers, you can block communication with advertising or spyware oriented servers, computers monitoring your p2p activities, computers which have been "hacked", even entire countries! They can't get in to your computer, and your computer won't try to send them anything either.

And best of all, it's free!

injoy

itsmejjj

What I do and have to offer ? -

I am a qualified PC Technician in New Zealand, but my forte is the basics to expert level PC Protection & Security... but first a little about me.

For the last 5 years I have been downloading,scanning and installing,testing and adding reviews on as much Freeware/shareware softwares I could get my hands on.

In order to create a greater PC Protection & Security method for user's Home PCs.From beginner to expert level and am about to launch all I've discovered on one website.

I will teach a beginner with no knowledge of computers or what to do when troubles arise, and can't afford to get a technician in,everything from plugging in a monitor and a desktop, to extras with free accurate and reliable reviews. So look for a FREE video demo on Youtube soon.Beginners basics will probably be free but the 'secrets'

at the expert level may need to be purchased.Demo videos may be found FREE on youtube, but will possibly have a watermark through them, and be non embedded. Just wanted to see what kind of interest I'd generate here. :-P

Here's an original I created for a self help e-book I'm am writing at present. It's self help with a hidden help hidden within a riddle - a unique method of learning. Any comments and e-mails welcome.

“There’s a Key which lies inside,

That embeds itself within one’s mind,

Seek; search, scour and find,

And many secrets you’ll unbind.”

so look at the list of ports ---now let's get every one involved here

do not waver-post!

make this old man happy..

what 6 ports should be blocked_and in order---TCP/UDP as one

permanently closed! ?

start posting---what you think--

I have a list of what ports are subject to malware & trojan attacks, but this time didn't include it on my PC. Look for a software/P2P Torrent called 'Trojans by Port',maybe on Piratebay or mininova - TheVermin8tor.

What I do and have to offer ? -

I am a qualified PC Technician in New Zealand, but my forte is the basics to expert level PC Protection & Security... but first a little about me.

For the last 5 years I have been downloading,scanning and installing,testing and adding reviews on as much Freeware/shareware softwares I could get my hands on.

In order to create a greater PC Protection & Security method for user's Home PCs.From beginner to expert level and am about to launch all I've discovered on one website.

I will teach a beginner with no knowledge of computers or what to do when troubles arise, and can't afford to get a technician in,everything from plugging in a monitor and a desktop, to extras with free accurate and reliable reviews. So look for a FREE video demo on You tube soon.Beginners basics will probably be free but the 'secrets'

at the expert level may need to be purchased.Demo videos may be found FREE on you tube, but will possibly have a watermark through them, and be non embedded. Just wanted to see what kind of interest I'd generate here. :-P

any link and free help is very welcome --"may need to be purchased.Demo "videos "

i want to just warn, check with the admins if it OK to advertise any products

other than obits ---?

many thanks--

Archived