IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Not to run ANY Registry Cleaner?

MagicHunter

mixed views, an example is java runtime sometimes when updating it causes problems, run a reg cleaner which throws up loads of java keys delete them and all ok. [must say recent versions been a bit better].

ccleaner will often put life back into a sluggish browser.

and boot up times seem snappier too after a reg clean & reg defrag.

the trouble is a lot of us tweakers like to get our computers as near perfect as possible and will try any program to fine tune it whether it needs it or not.

also agreed with sunny.

i think i have to fight this one. as a very vigorous searcher for fine-tuning software, i often end up uninstalling it(most likely dozens of them). After two years of this, my computer is still snappy as ever, most likely because of my registry cleaners and defrags. to clean my registry i use ccleaner, ASC, and quicksys regcleaner. i then use a regdefrag to top it off. Of course, slowdown will be inevitable as the hardware begins to wear and tear and left over junk starts to pile up. But i have had my computer for two years now, and i have computers that have slowed noticeably within those two years.

Obviously, regular cleanups are an important part, but registry cleanups i believe, will only extend your computer life.

besides, with those auto-backups, whats to lose?

The Help2Go website states that " In reality, registry cleaners do very little to improve your system."

Maybe so in the twisted reality of marketing hype, but the reality on my computer is that Regular Registry Maintenance brings very essential and measurable improvements...

I have found that the combination of IObit ASC Registry Fix and MV RegClean 5.9 make a potent and complementary combination for Registry Cleaning.

Examples:

-ASC found over 2,500 items that could be removed in my Registry the first time I used it and continues to find 100-300 more on a daily basis.

-These are the leftover and unused Registry values that MV RegClean 5.9 freeware found and removed after uninstalling just 1 program (Tweak VI) from my computer yesterday...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/TweakVIUninstall.png

-MV Reg Clean once removed over 2,5000 unused entries from my computer's Registry after uninstalling a single Video production program.

Regular maintenance reduces Registry bloat and keeps the computer running like it should. My computer's Registry is currently back down to below 685,000 values avoiding the bloat of neglect. Without the complementary and highly effective combination of ASC Reg Fix and MV RegClean my Registry would have easily bloated to well over 1,000,000 values by now and would have continued to grow unabated.

~Maxx~

Whats to worry.

Hi Magic I read all the crap about not using Reg cleaners. My PC is five years old and runs better than it did when it was brand new. I use ASC,Regseeker,Ccleaner,Eusing and occasionally Power tools lite. I like my house clean and my PC clean also. There is no telling how much crap I would have on my PC if I had never cleaned the registry. What would my house look like if I never cleaned out the old stuff when I got new stuff. When you uninstall a program even with Revo, there's a lot of junk left behind. When I get done uninstalling a program there is isn't much left hanging around on my PC. If you don't know what your doing then leave reg cleaners alone. Like my very smart young friend IFP says"whats to fear when you have an image back up of your OS" You do have a back up image of your OS don't you Magic?? There isn't much that scares me when I know I can Have my PC back exactly like is was in 30 minutes or less( right Maxx). I guess if you never get new stuff, then you don't need to throw out your old stuff, My problem is I'm always getting new stuff and I want to get rid of the old stuff. It would be nice if every thing was removed when you uninstalled a program with add and remove, but it doesn't work that way.That's my 2 cents for what its worth. Live well my friends.{garybear}

The Help2Go website states that " In reality, registry cleaners do very little to improve your system."

Maybe so in the twisted reality of marketing hype, but the reality on my computer is that Regular Registry Maintenance brings very essential and measurable improvements...

I have found that the combination of IObit ASC Registry Fix and MV RegClean 5.9 make a potent and complementary combination for Registry Cleaning.

Examples:

-ASC found over 2,500 items that could be removed in my Registry the first time I used it and continues to find 100-300 more on a daily basis.

-These are the leftover and unused Registry values that MV RegClean 5.9 freeware found and removed after uninstalling just 1 program (Tweak VI) from my computer yesterday...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/TweakVIUninstall.png

-MV Reg Clean once removed over 2,5000 unused entries from my computer's Registry after uninstalling a single Video production program.

Regular maintenance reduces Registry bloat and keeps the computer running like it should. My computer's Registry is currently back down to below 685,000 values avoiding the bloat of neglect. Without the complementary and highly effective combination of ASC Reg Fix and MV RegClean my Registry would have easily bloated to well over 1,000,000 values by now and would have continued to grow unabated.

~Maxx~

O.O - http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/softpedia.com/downloads/ (Not 100% reliable but still...)

I went downloaded the MV Reg Clean 5.0 ,couldn't find the 5.9 on download.com. Any ideas of getting 5.9 aside from softpedia?

MV RegClean 5.9 you talking about this i amuse ?

ccleaner what i use on 7 -and seems plenty --

fore a fast clean out--

i do not like more than 2 --that's plenty-mind you, so long as one is happy with this--

plus this one--------------------------------------------------------

win utility's ::: http://www.ylcomputing.com/

---for a deep clean up --and is the better of the pack offered!!

MV Reg Clean once removed over 2,5000 unused entries from my computer's Registry after uninstalling a single Video production program.

~Maxx~

Thank you sir! its very -good and Free!

i just installed this --more curiosity than any thing else --

yes it found -according to the program

78 entries --that's after scanning with what i have!!

so what can one say--but try it --did no harm on the system after a re boot!

MV Reg Clean-----

itsmejjj

MV Reg Clean----------------

free

1. complimentary, for free (informal), for nothing, unpaid, for love, free of charge, on the house, without charge, gratuitous, at no cost, gratis, buckshee (Brit. slang) The seminars are free, with lunch provided.

2. allowed, permitted, unrestricted, unimpeded, at liberty, open, clear, able, loose, unattached, unregulated, disengaged, untrammelled, unobstructed, unhampered,----------------------------------------------------------------

that it is.. But i have to say that's probably why = OK tried it -and after a few more scans -not for me !

as i speak running it one more time---

just to be sure---

yes the same files showing again

that's it its gone!

itsmejjj

why ?

to many false positives and could damage the files--what i mean is

its over done --thy are trying to hard to make it a good program by delighting unnecessary -keys-that only replace,them self at the next boot by the os--

giving one the impression

That the Program Is working tops--and a good cleaner

i scanned 5 times after ,rebooting-and keeps finding a av of 70 to 75 faults--

that to me is . grass

in a concreted shed!

was about to try mv reg cleaner from your link when I noticed vista not listed as being covered.

anyone using it with vista or W7?

Ted- As a fellow Vista computer owner I completely understand your concern about compatibility and while some sites list Vista and others don't I have been using MV RegClean 5.9 on my Vista computer for almost a year without one negative incident or a single false positive.

~Maxx~

jjj- I have been using MV RegClean regularly for almost a year now on my Vista computer and I have checked out 1,000's of registry values that this very rigorous program has deleted and every one of them can be recognized as absolutely unique simply using the tools at the bottom of the scan are provided and once they have been deleted they never return again on any of the 100's of scans I have done with MV RegClean 5.9! Your assertion that these totally unique values are somehow being recreated out of thin air is ludacris.

Maybe its your Win 7 program which has a totally new API and is not certified for use with MV RegClean that is causing you to come uo with these bizarre results the likes of which I have never seen having used this program 100's of times.

~Maxx~

I have also been using Auslogics Registry Defrag once a month or whenever the Regisrty gets above 10% defragmented for about a year now. Here are the results of a recent Registry Defrag...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/RegDefrag112009-09-18.png

~Maxx~

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?sc=160

take your pic and try them all ?

but here is a comment made by a poster::::

word to the wise: these sorts of apps are a headache. you think to yourself, gee, clean up the registry... who wouldn't want that?!! but, other than c cleaner, which only cleans out things which definitely won't fux up your system, I'd stay away from everything else. reg seeker in particular has screwed me up at least twice

MY COMMENT ---i am inclined to agree -- if you us just 1 --that's plenty

be careful when fooling with the registers--

do not get roped in with fancy looking posting telling you look here,is proof

its cleaned my system----Sure But that is not Your system!

if you install more _ok do it --back up your C:. drive first--not just the vunable restore piont

a fully backed image!----

then go ahead!!!

c Cleaner is a know Product that pretty Safe --and plenty ---

use it forget the rest!!

why do we post all the apps --we like to break our systems now and then

as we get bored! give us something to post about!!!

and able to tell reader whats -good or bad

We are Know as TESTERS---That try and do anything!!! and care less if a pc

suddenly stops! or lose all the drive! ----we got 5 or 6 drives fully backup

to restore --perhaps more than just 1 pc --we are fearless -nothing can stop us -if a system -drops it bundle -10 min later we back -as if nothing had happened--

so if this is not you --just use 1-----c cleaner is my pick of them all ----

itsmejjj

jjj you are a mess ha ha ha

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?sc=160

take your pic and try them all ?

but here is a comment made by a poster::::

word to the wise: these sorts of apps are a headache. you think to yourself, gee, clean up the registry... who wouldn't want that?!! but, other than c cleaner, which only cleans out things which definitely won't fux up your system, I'd stay away from everything else. reg seeker in particular has screwed me up at least twice

MY COMMENT ---i am inclined to agree -- if you us just 1 --that's plenty

be careful when fooling with the registers--

do not get roped in with fancy looking posting telling you look here,is proof

its cleaned my system----Sure But that is not Your system!

if you install more _ok do it --back up your C:. drive first--not just the vunable restore piont

a fully backed image!----

then go ahead!!!

c Cleaner is a know Product that pretty Safe --and plenty ---

use it forget the rest!!

why do we post all the apps --we like to break our systems now and then

as we get bored! give us something to post about!!!

and able to tell reader whats -good or bad

We are Know as TESTERS---That try and do anything!!! and care less if a pc

suddenly stops! or lose all the drive! ----we got 5 or 6 drives fully backup

to restore --perhaps more than just 1 pc --we are fearless -nothing can stop us -if a system -drops it bundle -10 min later we back -as if nothing had happened--

so if this is not you --just use 1-----c cleaner is my pick of them all ----

itsmejjj

Hi jjj our forum clown. I spent 18 months in Okinawa in 1961 and 1962. How much sacki do you drink when you are writing these hilarious posts. I drank my share while I was there but drink Canadian Hunter now (whiskey). I have been to Korea while running from typhoons. When a typhoon came we would fly our big planes (C130 )to different islands until it left. I was an aircraft electrician and stationed at Naha. It was a fun time for me and I drank a lot so its all kind of a blur now. I was young and dumb but it was a good time for me. I enjoy your funny posts and your vast wisdom. Live well my friend. {garybear}

I have done many tests with the registry cleaner in CCleaner and it consistently comes up with 1/2 of what MV RegClean or ASC Registry Fix does which is why I no longer use CCleaner for that function although I will agree that it is the best and most secure at cleaning out temp files.

~Maxx~

Archived