IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Microsoft Update & BITS service

samr

AWC pro turns of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service. I have not had trouble with Microsoft Update until the update they have for Media Player 11 today. After it installed, Microsoft (& Windows) Updates errored everytime I tried it. I started BITS service and now it works fine. They must have changed something in the way MS Updates works.

If you have trouble with the updates, try starting BITS service and next time you scan AWC go to System Optimization and tell it to ignore the Background Intelligent Transfer Service.

If anyone else runs in to this, please post!

Thanks, samr.

I had that problem several months ago, and restarted BIT several times.

Recently - for the last couple of months (3-4) I haven't had that problem.

At the time I didn't know for sure if it was SP2 or a security Update from Microsoft or AWC or Ccleaner that was responsible, but as I quickly found out that I just had to restart BIT, I didn't do any more about it.

Faintly I seem to remember that Microsoft had an article about it with a possible solution I think!

Worth a try anyway, - eh?

Hi samr

It is probably AWC for security reasons, I just checked my ignore list, AND I have BIT in there. That is probably why I haven't had any trouble with update for a fairly long time.

I now have it configured to start automatic, but in the begining it was configured to start manually.

We might ask Tim or another knowledgeable fellow.

Greetings from solbjerg

Archived