IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A Tale of Norton IS 2010

detailer

Arriving at work last week,a co-worker was befuddled as he stared at his infected laptop.With browsers hi-jacked and no connectivity to to his home page (My Space-big deal I thought),worse,the Ford Tech site-needed for him to perform his job (this IS a big deal I thought). "Still running Norton" I asked."Let it expire almost two years ago" he replied.With not a single infection(that he was aware of) in all that time,speaks well of his web surfing proclivities I thought."I just got off the phone and renewed it-90 bucks for three pc's" he told me.Seeing that Norton was active and updated,I set it to a full scan,and sent it trudging on it's merry way through all of about 11GB of data.Moving at a pace akin to tar running up hill in January(in the US),the mighty Norton was being pelted with pop-ups of "Security 2009",at about the frequency of throws coming from a float in a Mardi Gras parade.At the end of this painfully slow and drawn out ordeal,Norton proudly announces that no infections were found on the system! The look on my buddy's face was enough to make me cry :-(."What the "F" he exclaimed.I calmly looked at him,not at all surprised,and told him it would be fixed in about twenty minutes.I located the offending demon via Task Manager,and choked the life out of it long enough to download,install,and update Malwarebytes.A quick scan (@ 6 minutes) found fourteen instances of the pesky replicating,hi-jacking nuisance.All were quarantined in no time,and my buddy's heart rate returned to normal.I took the opportunity to throw in A Squared and SAS scanners for him to use on a weekly basis.Well,just this morning,the same little demon returned-in celebration of Halloween I suspect-and was dealt with the same way.As for the mighty Norton-couldn't find it right under it's nose,and can't recognize it on the way in.Oh,did it mention it's PC Mag's top pick again this year :shock::shock: Happy Halloween all !!

Norton 2010

My friend deck put Norton 2010 on this lab top updated it scanned it found 59 cookies 2 days later his firefox went nuts when he opened it it opened 100 times atonce... crashing his labtop... so he rang me up .. I told him use internet explore and down load Iobit 360 free he in stalled updated it scanned it found 26 malware right in the system that Norton 2010 said was clean cleaned it up uninstalled Norton 2010 put on panda and found 1 worm,cleaned it.. bought the pro version of iobit 360. and panda antivirus . is a happy chap .... now lol

Norton hired Dennis Labs to do an in depth report on the effectiveness of currently used Computer Security Programs and according to the report Norton is #1 in all categories of protection...Check out the amazingly creative results for yourself...

http://community.norton.com/norton/attachments/norton/ModBoard/58/1/PC-Virus-Protection-2010-DTL-Report-consumer.pdf

~Maxx~

Get Any Results You Want

With selective testing and careful choice of "canned" infections,one can make any security program appear stellar or dismal.Seen it a hundred times-love the one where Avira comes in dead last-yeah right.Of course,Norton was first in that one as well :shock::shock:

Archived