IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

McAfee SiteAdvisor has given an erroneous rating to IObit.com

SJSF

McAfee SiteAdvisor has marked IObit.com with a red rating, something that could harm IObit's reputation and cause it to lose sales.

Here you can find their rating:http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/iobit.com

I hope IObit can resolve this problem with McAfee.

Good Luck IObit.:smile:

Hi SJSF

Yes, I saw that recently too. It looks like the test it refers to is a download of ASC 3.3 and 3.4 where the Yahoo toolbar is allowed to download too. (this option could have been deactivated during install - in which case no warning would have been generated I think)

No real threat as far as I saw, but highly rated as an irritation source among users giving feedback to siteadvisor.

My advice - just don't accept/download the toolbar unless you specifically want it.

Cheers

solbjerg

McAfee SiteAdvisor has marked IObit.com with a red rating, something that could harm IObit's reputation and cause it to lose sales.

Here you can find their rating:http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/iobit.com

I hope IObit can resolve this problem with McAfee.

Good Luck IObit.:smile:

Rating: This site is good

lol, McAfee security software registers a false positive when it scans software from this site, so they give this site a red rating. ALL security suites will register false positives now and then, but for McAfee to give a website a red rating because of that is just bad.

statement

from there page---

itsmejjj

well now - a bit rough?

perhaps they, worry about the program IOBIT? 4 Trojans ?

nonsense--why ? first off I never ever got exploited - or exploit would probably have shown -

my filter would have blocked it - yet I log to their site - get overflow buffer exploit!

ativeX exploited - I got them blocked anyhow - had to allow to see---

and their socalled check with us first link - baloney, - now as to linking to sites easy.

block them - I suppose someone going to tell me , you link to them in the background--let me tell you - wrong! My filters would have said it--and ask if it was ok

how do you suppose they got their software , - by their using the same flaming sites-

ops sorry --got a bit hot under the collar---so they BOYCOTT,

this was a shock when I saw this .

you install and it links to all the sites? NO, -my browser don't fly up 5 pops--links,-never have

only time if you download a new build , it points to the site, (1) that's it.....

ABOUT : McAfee's Site Advisory link, I posted a while back about this. mcfee they are sometimes misleading, and untrue,not warranted ,

--"they see the splinter in Iobit-can not see the hunk of wood in their mcfee!"

thank you for the help -this is much better-

itsmejjj

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2321&stc=1&d=1257182162

now this is how good they are -please look at the cap--1

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2322&stc=1&d=1257182271

my second shot showing when trying to download their software shot2

so how good are they? I give them a mark of 0/10

you the reader decide --you here know my browser-and my win7 -so why cant they ?

I should have added I unblocked the site -to allow this apps to download--

sad ,very sad result,not from my point of view ,but shows you trusted?

they are supposed to be one of the best-? ok so I now go bash or a boycott campaign?

no that's unfair to do a thing like that-to any one but I defend our site

I feel is correct--that's why I post this post--

sure is OK!! thank you --no need to ask

itsmejjj

Hi SJSF

Yes, I saw that recently too. It looks like the test it refers to is a download of ASC 3.3 and 3.4 where the Yahoo toolbar is allowed to download too.

Cheers

solbjerg

When I installed ASC 3.40 a couple of days ago I noticed that for the very first time that I've seen IObit had their new toolbar as a prechecked user opt-out offering. It could be that this is what some people have filed negative reports to McAfee about in that they consider it 'adware' or 'unwanted programs" as mentioned on the McAfee Siteadvisor webpage concerning IObit. I have never understood why some people aren't used to this practice as most freeware includes these same kind of user opt-out offerings including the ever popular CCleaner!

Although it is not right for McAfee to poorly rate IObit for this very common practice IObit is in good company as McAfee has done the same thing to sites like PC Magazine which in the end did much more harm to McAfee than they had flagrantly had done to the online publishing magazine with such a large worldwide readership, but still McAfee hasn't learned its lesson.

~Maxx~

Archived