IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

smartdefrag don't work

Hi, I've installed smartdefrag on my 3 computers, one with windows vista, and it works ok, one with windows xp, and it works fine, and one with windows 2000 server, but it don't want to work...

When I start the program, smartdefrag open his little window, and it immediatly freezes.

This happen continuosly... I always stop the freezed smartdefrag using the task manager.

Sometimes it unlock after a while and the program works fine...

For example, in recent days, it has worked well.

restarted the server it started crashing again.

Thank you.

Hi protoss,

I used to run it on just the standard version of Windows 2000 and had no problems. I am not sure what could be causing it.

Out of curiosity & maybe to help narrow it down, you might open task manager and see what happens to your CPU usage when you open Smart defrag.

Also, try shutting of Auto defrag, then re-open the program to see how it resonds.

Post your findings back here and we will see if it might give somebody a clue that could help.

samr.

Hi samr,

CPU usage, I remember, remains low... and watching the task manager the program don't use CPU... during this program start and immediately freezing phase...

I discover that after some minuts (10-15 minutes) the program begin to work and the window unlocks itself... strange things happens here in Italy :grin:

I try to turn Off the auto defrag, but the problem remains... I have to wait lot of minutes before smartdefrag begin to work/unlock...

Hi protoss

Just a thought - do you have very many programs in your startup?

You could try to place Smart Defrag there to let it start up with Windows, if it isn't there already.

What are your settings in the program? Do you use auto defrag?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi samr,

CPU usage, I remember, remains low... and watching the task manager the program don't use CPU... during this program start and immediately freezing phase...

I discover that after some minuts (10-15 minutes) the program begin to work and the window unlocks itself... strange things happens here in Italy :grin:

I try to turn Off the auto defrag, but the problem remains... I have to wait lot of minutes before smartdefrag begin to work/unlock...

Ok protoss,

Something else to check:

See if you have "Automatically Check for Updates" checked. If so, un-check it and try again. If works ok then, go back & turn the updates back on. Then check your firewall settings for applications and see if Smart defrag is blocked in your applications.

samr.

1.Hi, I tried to disable "Automatically Check for Updates" and restart the program, but the problem remains...

2.no I've got a netgear firewall, not the windows firewall... but it's not a problem...I only have to wait some minutes before the program unlock... then it works fine...

I will put the program in the startup list like you suggest :)

thank you,

charles

Ok protoss

Please give feedback on the startup list too!

Cheers

solbjerg

1.Hi, I tried to disable "Automatically Check for Updates" and restart the program, but the problem remains...

2.no I've got a netgear firewall, not the windows firewall... but it's not a problem...I only have to wait some minutes before the program unlock... then it works fine...

I will put the program in the startup list like you suggest :)

thank you,

charles

Hi guys, sorry to interrupt this thread. I got a some problem while running the smart defrag on windows 7.

When I click on analyze or defrag or optimize, the status would change from idle > analyzing > stopping.

May I know is there any solution to let it work?

Hi Jack

Could it be that you are running on batteries?

The default setting in the program is to never defrag while on batteries.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi guys, sorry to interrupt this thread. I got a some problem while running the smart defrag on windows 7.

When I click on analyze or defrag or optimize, the status would change from idle > analyzing > stopping.

Try The Battery Setting...may work

:-D

Hi All...had similar problem when starting defrag...just would not work.

Auto defrag ok....if anyone having this problem is on batteries (eg a laptop) then you may like to check the battery settings or go onto mains power.....:-D

Archived