IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

For Max Wire

itsmejjj

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4966

ok max, please help OUR new member --and advise him as to THE os VISTA-and its running ,and the best applications, to install as this is your thing,*Vista)you know it inside out...

Please,

read the post from start to end so you know what is happening--

i make this special post so you be alerted to this

as i mean no offense to other members who are keen to help

but i be leave you should now be the one to help for now--?

many thanks

jjj- Thanks for the heads up that was truly thoughtful of you! I made the initial reply to emttaff's concerns about the ' pc freezing and slowness' that he was experiencing just before I went to bed last night. True to the reputation of the IObit Forums there are now 22 additional helpful posts to guide emttaff along the way to getting his what we now know to be a Vista computer back to wellness. I'm going over to that thread now to see if there might be some small detail of a suggestion that may been left out, but knowing the precision that you guys operate with he should be pretty much good to go by now.

Thanks again for dedicating a post to calling my attention to this matter and I am hoping that I will be able to return the favor and notify you when a situation arises where your unique skills are required.

emttaff- Welcome to the IObit Forums! First of all it would be good for us to know what Operating System your computer uses and what firewall you are currently using? It would help to get another opinion of how clean your computer is by scanning it with A Squared Free which scans for Viruses and Worms in addition to other Malware.

~Maxx~

Vista is half decent, if you can get under the hood and mess around with it. Win7 looks nice, i might give it a shot.

vman- You are so very right! Vista has such an enormous potential for improvement a motivated and knowledgeable user can take Vista far beyond the performance or efficiency of stock Win 7 because Microsoft barely scratched the surface of the full potential when they turned the nearly fully baked Vista into Win 7. Not that Win 7 isn't an improvement on the original Vista because it is, but Vista can be hacked into a much better performing and much less resource consuming OS.

As with so many other things its not what you've got that matters its what you are able to do with it that counts! Like in car racing there is no superior brand because the best driver with the best crew of mechanics is able to make any of those cars fly across the finish line in first place even last year's model if need be.

~Maxx~

Curious about what you think about these processes on fully updated,cared for Vista

Logfile of Advanced SystemCare 3 Security Analyzer

Scan saved at 10:01:43 PM, on 11/12/2009

Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.0)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.0 (8.0.6001.18828)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\IObit SmartDefrag.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe

C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe

C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe

C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe

C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMYPRT.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe

C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\AWC.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.3.4501.1418\swg.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_B7C5AC242193BB3E.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {31c7d459-9cc3-44f2-9dca-fc11795309b4} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [smartRAM] "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Sup_SmartRAM.exe" /m

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonSolutionMenu] C:\Program Files\Canon\SolutionMenu\CNSLMAIN.exe /logon

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe /logon

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [skytel] Skytel.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iObit Security 360] "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe" /autostart

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min

O9 - Extra button: The Weather Channel - {2E5E800E-6AC0-411E-940A-369530A35E43} - The Weather Channel Toolbar

O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17) - http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_17-windows-i586.cab

O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0016-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16) - http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_16-windows-i586.cab

O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0017-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17) - http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_17-windows-i586.cab

O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17) - http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_17-windows-i586.cab

O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe

O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe

O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe

O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe

O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.9.909.30391 (GoogleDesktopManager-093009-130223) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe

O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.9.909.30391 (gpsvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe

O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: IS360service - IObit - C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360srv.exe

O23 - Service: Jumpstart Wifi Protected Setup (jswpsapi) - Atheros Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Jumpstart\jswpsapi.exe

O23 - Service: pinger - Unknown - C:\TOSHIBA\IVP\ISM\pinger.exe

O23 - Service: Macrium Reflect Image Mounting Service (ReflectService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\ReflectService.exe

O23 - Service: Swupdtmr - Unknown - c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe

O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Navi Support Service (TNaviSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER\TNaviSrv.exe

O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service (TODDSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe

O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Power Saver (TosCoSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe

O23 - Service: TOSHIBA SMART Log Service - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SMARTLogService\TosIPCSrv.exe

O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown - %ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe

Ithink its pretty clean... but i do make mistakes!

Any input is a appreciated! I've used 7 a bit... and of course they want to sell software. It looks like they made the user interfaces more user friendly!! Thank god!!! Duh!

Almost all Vista components are in there.

They present the "new" cosmetic approach to thier platform. Getting back to their roots. User friendly... easy to learn... effective... all that jazz from the late 80's 90's.

There's nothing new about it. A simple user interface is what they were born on.

Hi melvin_Deal,

I would delete the below ones.

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {31c7d459-9cc3-44f2-9dca-fc11795309b4} - (no file)

This one is known as tracking not a serious one though.

O9 - Extra button: The Weather Channel - {2E5E800E-6AC0-411E-940A-369530A35E43} - The Weather Channel Toolbar.

Please use JavaRa to get rid of the old java clutter. You are up to date with 1.6.0_17, but there is something left from 1.6.0_16.

I suppose you are udated to Adobe 9.2.

Cheers.

Melvin_Deal- I'm so glad to hear that you finally won your long fought battle with uninstalling AVG and wish you the best in finding an excellent replacement.

One of the most critically bloated areas of Vista are the unneeded services that run in the background and constantly consume system resources. Even the Win 7 computers I have seen have 73-76 services running and usually show about 1.6-1.8 GB of RAM being consumed at idle!

One of the best things I ever did with Vista was to go to the Black Viper Website and spend 3 straight hours going over the functions, requirements and dependencies of each service and cutting the services in Vista from 137 down to a maximum of 48 that could run. Since then my Vista computer boots for about 501 MB of RAM and usually runs in the 550-600 MB range all day although it has closed out at as little as 499 MB of RAM. It is definitely worth the time it takes to tame the services in Vista!

~Maxx~

Archived