IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

FOR Emttaff

itsmejjj

have uninstalled these programs as advised pc much faster already. currently running a-squared free and it has detected 15 items already.

some advice also on proxomitron would also be useful. is cc leaner the same as a-squared free. and what do i do about anti virus now?

regards

emttaff

ok when you get all running -and installed .settled down to normal running-

i shall if you desire ,i offer you my time,and

,the way i have my system set.make this know to you-

it will in tale a deep -posting-where you ask i try to ex plane-

now first thing -its a bit of reading-i mean a few days-consecrating on how this works--

if you are interested-you can PM me where i will give you detailed info--

and not take up any data base of the forum,as you and i will kill of the posts...PMs

i shall be able to show you ,so in the end you need no virus nor any anti this or that--bar 2 small programs-2 program's,browser ,and the app.fire wall no bigger than 2 meg! in total with added filters.!

so your system would only run internally ,in side your PC -(not to the net) and not any MS.or ANY software-will need to -link-you will become stealthy to a point of.

almost no detection ,and nothing out there will be able to know what you use,run,or identify your system.itself-but we will need to know if the program will run on your version of Vista--i would think it will.

this will not only save large hogging ,program ,but easy on resonators-

sound to good to be true? yes it seems that way --now this is totally free

at no cost to you.bar your time and willing to learn..

unfortunately modern users are not interested ,or scoff -at the method.

we will start here first then progress to PMs

i shall await ,you answer,if you would be interested -even if you grow to learn how to block.this i can also teach you.we can discuss any ask by you in the forum ,and i shall do in my power to answer every thing i know.

almost sound like a add ..ehhhhhhhh

ok why -i want to pass this on to users,so thy in turn pass this on to other users,and keep it alive..

itsmejjj

sure not a worry -we see if the young man wants to take the offer ...and any one els may want to try this on a spare PC-i stared a similar theme -and sort of ridiculed ,probably no harm intended--but if any one wants to try -one has to try to stay on the theme ,forget fear,or danger,or what so called sites have to say.one must rethink surfing,logging,Emailing,chat,downloading,forums,and there is a price to pay(downside) you cannot UPDATE, allow links,and use discipline,

set a set of rules,never break them,ever! read,test,tweak,and trial and error,

be prepared to block ,like never before,your own,ip from UDP.,and so on..

reinstall,backup,run many test,you cannot play movies,or allow flash,you cannot ,allow java,this is removed,MS browser IS removed or disinfectant.only use 1 type of browser.

not for every one..you will at times wonder why you started in the first place,

this can not be done i 5 min nits-this takes time.not be tempted to install anti ,any thing,the first thing is this ,you will need to start with XP,prefers

why -this is you learning ground--as you will use redundant software.that is not supported. you cannot use Google,yahoo.and some search en gens...

learn to used 3 fire walls .yes not for every one---it is not as bad as it looks--but many will say na not for me--

jjj.

thankyou for your kind offer and i would love the chance to improve my abilities on the pc. im a shift worker, does this matter? im willing to learn but i do ask rather alot of questions and im a basic user. lol

with the advice already given by various people my laptop (toshiba L300D) is running much better it doesnt crash on Tribal Wars anymore however is still slow if i have 3 apps running EG: Tribal wars, facebook and ASC, but im sure all these apps together are far 2 much for my small machine. I do plan on upgrading from 1 gig ram to 4 in the not so distant future. Installed Avast on the advice of Maxx this morning and he also is going to show me more to get my vista running super smooth.

Once i have the skills required i have another vista to improve and 2 xp lol :-)

once again thankyou

emttaff

ehhh that's not a problem..ok first thing ,lap top .well we have a problem.

ok i shall ask can you get hold of a secondhand -pentuim4 PC ,or a bit better? all you need

2 gig mem 40 gig hared drive and a spare about the same or bigger--no need for any fancy video cards..sreen -perhaps pick one up in your local paper?

round $100 buck -or some one gift you a old war horse?

why? this is your learning PC,as any one who would like to give it a shot do the same? i got 8 now ---my hobby--

ok if not we can start to teach you about ports-to start with-ask what you like

oh yes you have a line (dial )or adsl ?

jjj

ok lets start from the start--i like you to now take this in slow--

may not seem important but it will in time.

security risks .........................................

. Trojan horse programs

Back door and remote administration programs

. Denial of service

. Being an intermediary for another attack

. Unprotected Windows shares

. Mobile code (Java, JavaScript, and ActiveX)

. Cross-site scripting

. Email spoofing

. Email-borne viruses

. Hidden file extensions

. Chat clients

. Packet sniffing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

what to do to protect a computer

Use virus protection software

. Use a firewall

. Don’t open unknown email atachments

. Don’t run programs of unknown origin

. Disable hidden file name extensions

. Turn off your computer . disconnect from the network when not in use

. Disable Java, JavaScript, and Active X -----

. Disable scripting features in email programs

. Make regular backups of critical data

. Make a boot disk in case your computer is damaged or compromised

alright --so we now shall talk ports 3 at the time--and why i be leave thy should be killed off(blocked)

also this will be painfully slow for me, as i need to check and recheck my words..

this is know to most users who a familiar to pc'ing. but i shall show you and new ones the correct way to look after your systems.

one last thing-i am a expert in my field as 25 years of soled use of system

i have come to learn,understand ,how to look after my own self--but i am not a programmer--i am a hobby man--so long as you and any one accept this ,and take into account my experience,and age,you all will learn something-

this i be leave! -you must be calm,patient,and read slowly to my posting.

i will be very careful as to my spelling-and wording--

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

ok lets start from the start--i like you to now take this in slow--

may not seem important but it will in time.

security risks .........................................

. Trojan horse programs

Back door and remote administration programs

. Denial of service

. Being an intermediary for another attack

. Unprotected Windows shares

. Mobile code (Java, JavaScript, and ActiveX)

. Cross-site scripting

. Email spoofing

. Email-borne viruses

. Hidden file extensions

. Chat clients

. Packet sniffing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

what to do to protect a computer

Use virus protection software

. Use a firewall

. Don’t open unknown email atachments

. Don’t run programs of unknown origin

. Disable hidden file name extensions

. Turn off your computer . disconnect from the network when not in use

. Disable Java, JavaScript, and Active X -----

. Disable scripting features in email programs

. Make regular backups of critical data

. Make a boot disk in case your computer is damaged or compromised

alright --so we now shall talk ports 3 at the time--and why i be leave thy should be killed off(blocked)

also this will be painfully slow for me, as i need to check and recheck my words..

this is know to most users who a familiar to pc'ing. but i shall show you and new ones the correct way to look after your systems.

one last thing-i am a expert in my field as 25 years of soled use of system

i have come to learn,understand ,how to look after my own self--but i am not a programmer--i am a hobby man--so long as you and any one accept this ,and take into account my experience,and age,you all will learn something-

this i be leave! -you must be calm,patient,and read slowly to my posting.

i will be very careful as to my spelling-and wording--

itsmejjj

Hi jjj. I want to say I'm a big fan of yours; that is when you control your temper. I have really noticed a big improvement in your English. You have brought a lot of knowledge to our forum and are a great assent to our forum. I think it would be very hard to speak in another language and try to explain what you are thinking. My knowledge of the computer is very little and I enjoy learning new things. Some things on the forum are way over my head, but I try real hard to understand every post. I have learned a ton from people like your self, even when your are angry;which I dislike this side of you, but understand it is because you don't always understand the meaning of some of our words. I would ask this one thing of you before you spend a lot of your time on this thread. Most members on the forum are not into computers as much as you are, nor want to go as deep as you do. I have read all your threads and know that you are way above most of our members, so this is what I'm asking you. What all will we have to give up to use your program? It seems to me that I would have to give up a lot of things that I have been doing for years and even though some things I do are not good, I don't like a lot of changes. If you would just list the things I will have to change. Also, I only have one PC and I'm not intending to buy another. I think what your going to teach would really be exciting to young people wanting to learn about computers. I hope this post has not mad you angry. I'm only trying to save you a lot of work and I'm asking our members to comment to you before you do a lot of hard work on this thread. Live well and long my friend.--garybear

i think garrybear is right to a certain extent. you guys have far more knowlage about PC's than i will ever understand. this is all well and good however i still want to expand on what i already know which to be honnest is very little, so instead of starting with something that is going to take up a great deal of time on both our parts jj maybe we could start with basics and then grow from there. im a firm beliver that with most things you need to start learning at the begining and i think its a great place to start. obviously your the tutor so you choose where we start. the list of possible subjects are endless. I dont even know how to use half the programs i installed yesterday so simple things like that would be fantastic. I appreciate your efforts and hope you dont take what im saying the wrong way, i want to learn and its great to have someone prepaired to teach me.

kind regards

emttaff

yes --correct -in my way of stealthiness you can use any program -and i shall enplane how.and why --the first thing .is knowing the ports-this is and will be your .start--as later on it will become clear ---as to why?

knowing what to allow and not..

so we take this slow-and easy -i shall post every this with a small explanation

i remember sitting with a pc keyboard friend near 2 years-and he passed me his knowledge- this kind old gent -

stating i want to pass this on so you can share what i have learned-so you make this live on -i will teat ch you how to stealth like no other can--then one day i never heard from him again-it was a sad time for me as i wanted more--i do miss my keyboard friend-we chated every day!-that was 9 years back ! and always remember the kinds sayings -even when i got flustered--he was 78 years old! we had a wonderful time--

itsmejjj

this applies to any Os----

Active Ports: readme

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Program information

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Program Archive Name:

aports.zip

Program Name:

Active Ports

Program Version:

Program Release Date:

June 19, 2002

Target OS:

Windows NT/2000/XP

Program Description:

Shows all open TCP/IP and UDP ports

Software type:

Freeware

Company information

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Company Name:

SmartLine Inc.

Author Name:

Ashot Oganesyan K.

Contact WWW URL:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Active_Ports_d682.html

Description

~~~~~~~~~~~

Active Ports - easy to use tool that enables you to monitor all open TCP/IP

and UDP ports on the local computer. Active Ports maps ports to the owning

application so you can watch which process has opened which port. It also

displays a local and remote IP address for each connection and allows you

to terminate the owning process. Active Ports can help you to detect trojans

and other malicious programs.

ATTENTION TO DEVELOPERS: if you would like to be able to display opened

TCP/IP and UDP ports in your application, you can purchase the Active Ports

programming interface (API). You can use API with any programming language

(such as Visual C++, Visual Basic, Delphi) that supports DLLs loading. DLL

contains one function: AllocateAndGetPortsMappingInfo.

To purchase API, please contact Ashot Oganesyan (ashot@protect-me.com).

License agreement

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Active Ports is FREEWARE.

so i need you to download this -after max is done--- install it--

start to see what your pc is working on -and pass in and out---

itsmejjj

ok the reason,i have not added to the post i am sitting back until MAX is finished ,advising you-now i read ,in one statement, he will leave you now to tweak the system,yes sounds good,but ask if you are bewildered on something-

""

you can now drive the truck ,but can you,manege , and fix,it is what i am saying.you need to keep asking max if you get stuck-"

i have noticed,also ,when reading a book as he describe,in one post,one need to read the book from cover to end.

let me state a old saying .A little knowledge is dangerous,and a jack of all trades

my be smart,but excels in none.

why thy know it all and cant be told a thing-.or are lazy learners.

that's why i handed you on to a teacher,not a jack of all trades.

you have and are lucky , to have a man that has this ability to help ,

i would keep at him .hammer at to knowledge base,forget the rest for now

till you are satisfied you have it down to pat..

in other word stick to the task,at hand--now i can tell you at this stage tweaking a fire wall is not that simple--a start (default) fire wall is ok .

but not the ultimate in protection.so now you need to understand what ,it can do ,for you and what you allow and not ,if you try to tweak ,make a wrong move,pofff .you may suddenly be blocked,or make a hole.or even deny yourself to run a program..you need to keep asking...before you make a adjustment,and know what it is,,

at this state of learning, forget any ones comments made ,learn the fire wall,ports,all 65535 -not just a few--you need to understand them all..

than ,the tcp/udp side of it ...and that is the start..

of your protection.now this will take time ..i would keep at MAX,stay with him ,do not do a wobbly-if something went wrong and give up...you have a back up image,redo try again.over and over till you get it right..

here is what i suggest to you start a new thread,name it for us only where the 2 of you will converse only,we all sit back and read ,not interfere in any way,that's what i did 9 years back...

ok why am i stressing this ,you will be able to help others near you,or young ones ,or the ones who have a problem,and fix there systems,.properly..

and thy will love you for this .i get at leat a avarige of 7 week that come to me..

itsmejjj

now here is something i just spent 3 days fixing redoing this Packard bell pc ...

and installed XP ser pack 3 ...and its fast ,after installing a old ZONE alarm fire wall 4.5 -2004 version --plus my other apps--this 1 meg 1.80MZs old girl fly like new..i have tweaked it ,and now will refine them,that's what i am trying to get across to members ,once one knows a systems working,like a car fixer ,you can do most models.and its fun .only thing is the equipment.THE PROGRAMS made for XP..is and will be harder to get.as time passes.i do not need to find them --

over the years made a collection,of programs,that is huge..any how just a little chit chat

STAY with your teacher.and when you have the know how that you are grasping fast..you will become CP Safety minded .(smart)

i have not a banded you in any way ..i am just waiting for a while-so not to confuse you..i shalt start a new thread ,so there is no interfering.and Gide you along.post what you need -so as you are running Vista i cant recommend what you should use..but XP,yes .first get this perfect.. your OS VISTA

itsmejjj

hi guys how do i access the ports on my vista OS so i can snip a copy to place on here please?

warning to you from me ,do not post this info in a open forum ,PM MAX and post this there!!any thing to do with ports that are open shut or whatever..

just PM them to max...

itsmejjj.

Archived