IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

User Manual & AVG Irritability

Hi People-

I use GB for two and a half programs:

1) Diablo II. Works great, thank you.

2) Dragon Naturally Speaking and Word Web.

I glanced about and did not immediately see a user manual. Is there one?

The question I have is: When I run DNS I use Word Web, an online dictionary. GB disables it. Now, all I really have to do is start it again; but... why?

WW does not (apparently) show up on the list of things it will close, so I am unable to tell it not to.

I did find this, however:

wweb32.exe=1

This is in the text file that comes up under Options-> Edit Service List.

So, do I change the 1 to a 0 or just delete the line altogether? I'd experiment but I don't want to and, really, shouldn't have to.

...and AVG thinks IOBit webpages, all of them, are riddled with spyware, malware, and are probably responsible for the afghan war and global climate change. Obviously, I ignored the warnings. I just hope I don't suffer from spontaneous self combustion resulting from my blatant disregard (so far, so good; although, my left ear seems to be unusually itchy...).

Thank you and be well:-

BR

Hi Boat Rocker,

It is better to uncheck the checkbox in front of wweb32.exe, wich will delete the filename from GameBooster.ini file.

You can find that process by choosing the "Show All Current Processes" checkbox after hitting "Switch to Gaming Mode!" button in the "Close Background Programs" window if it is not shown when it is opened without checkbox checked of "Show All Current Processes".

If you cannot find it try putting (0) zero for the value in the ini file.

Reading the relevant sections in the USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread of Lounge section, and the threads in this section, you can find valuable information.

For AVG irritation, you can disable Link Scanner of AVG temporarily, until it is solved, as IObit contacted them.

You can find threads about it in the IS360 section of the Forum. Some users uninstalled their AVG software because of that.

Cheers.

I see...

I was looking on the initial list, not the pop-up "Close Them" list.

Thank you for your time, Detailer, and for replying so quickly.

My AVG still thinks IOBit is the anti-christ, though.

Okay, back to writing... uh, talking. wrilking...?

Peas & Hominy:-

BR

Jees, guys. I couldn't get this posted fast enough.

Enoskype: Yes, indeed. Thank you very much. And I will check the thread.

You guys aren't so bad. What free AV do you use?

Hmm... Been there, done those.

Well, as far as I can tell everything's seemingly okay with IOBit, at least GB.

Anyway, with your help, my issue has been cleared up and that's all I'm interested in.

Thank you both for your timely, accurate assistance.

Take great care and be well:-

BR

Hi Boat Rocker,

It is better to uncheck the checkbox in front of wweb32.exe, wich will delete the filename from GameBooster.ini file.

You can find that process by choosing the "Show All Current Processes" checkbox after hitting "Switch to Gaming Mode!" button in the "Close Background Programs" window if it is not shown when it is opened without checkbox checked of "Show All Current Processes".

If you cannot find it try putting (0) zero for the value in the ini file.

Reading the relevant sections in the USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread of Lounge section, and the threads in this section, you can find valuable information.

For AVG irritation, you can disable Link Scanner of AVG temporarily, until it is solved, as IObit contacted them.

You can find threads about it in the IS360 section of the Forum. Some users uninstalled their AVG software because of that.

Cheers.

Hi my friend. I am one of those that uninstalled AVG. I remain loyal to my friends on the forum and to IObit. I do not get into the discussions because I'm not that smart, but I remain loyal and will fight all that oppose us. If we did make a mistake, I'm sure we will make it right and it was not intentional. I have been a user of AVG for as long as I can remember but never again will it be on my PC. I now use MSE.--gary

Oh, hey. MSE's out of beta... I did not know that.

And Norton's fuming. That's always a happy thought.

And Good reviews, for Microsoft. However, I'm leery of the spynet connection.

I've never installed a first release of any MS software (MS DOS 6.0 taught me that) and I can't see my way clear to break form now. I'll monitor the MSE chats and see what's what kicks loose in a couple months, or a year. Right now, I feel they've got too many new things going.

It's MS. Something always kicks loose.

Thanks nonetheless, Gary. I'll keep an eye on it. And give yourself some credit, okay? Loyalty is a valuable commodity in these sketchy, edgy times.

For now, it's AVG, and the acceptance that some of us just don't get along.

Enoskype - I wish you well on the communication with AVG. I wonder how many IOBit has lost over this issue.

Err... not to poke a sore spot, but a piece of software called "Web of Trust" is also somewhat disparaging toward IOBit. It might be targeted bot spam (for whatever reason), but... FYI if nothing else.

Spybot S&d has no issue with any IOBit software utilities, either does AVG, or Outpost (which I did give permissions), so I look at all of this as some bizarre web fear mongering - again, for whatever reason = which I don't cater to.

I make a lousy hostage.

Okay, guys. Thanks again.

Archived