IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

bug report SMART DEFRAG

hervem

Hi allen

Two possibilities spring to mind:

1. You are running on batteries - the default option is to not defrag while on batteries.

2. You are not running it as administrator.

If it isn't any of these two - please tells us about your settings, your OS and installed programs.

Cheers

solbjerg

i been trying to get smart defrag to start but all it does is analyze then stops,it wont start the defrag or anything any ideas on what to do? i already tryed unainstalling it dident do crap.e.e

Hi allen

Two possibilities spring to mind:

1. You are running on batteries - the default option is to not defrag while on batteries.

2. You are not running it as administrator.

If it isn't any of these two - please tells us about your settings, your OS and installed programs.

Cheers

solbjerg

lol ty i was running on batteries,never knew about it but ty for the help its fixed.xD

Sometimes a faulty install can cause this error.

Try a complete uninstall and then re-install of Smart-defrag. This is an error frequently associated with a bad install, but sometimes also related to software conflicts as well. (meaning a software on your system and smart defrag don't like each other). Try reinstall first then post with results. Good luck!!

Smart Defrag either freezes or crashes

Sorry Melvin, think again. Did a complete uninstall, using Revo Uninstaller to remove all the elements the Smart Defrag uninstaller leaves behind, rebooted, downloaded a brand new copy, installed it, still same outcome! I also installed Auslogics Disk Defrag and ran that and it ran perfectly, so there's clearly not a problem at my end. The bug is in Smart Defrag.

Thanks for response!

There is a system conflict here. Problem is not with smart defrag.

Smat defrag is effective, light, and fast. This conflict is unique to your system and is definitely software related, Please describe platform(Win,Linux,etc. and A/Virus.malware.firewall, etc.)

Also plz post shot of running systems!

Thanks!

We here would still like a shot of your system to see! Even though your issue is resolved I, and others here, are curious about the nature of this!!!

Hi grahamt

Sometimes even Revo leaves behind the program folder, you have to check/delete that too :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry Melvin, think again. Did a complete uninstall, using Revo Uninstaller to remove all the elements the Smart Defrag uninstaller leaves behind, rebooted, downloaded a brand new copy, installed it, still same outcome! I also installed Auslogics Disk Defrag and ran that and it ran perfectly, so there's clearly not a problem at my end. The bug is in Smart Defrag.

Smart Defrag Crash and Burn

There is a system conflict here. Problem is not with smart defrag.

Smat defrag is effective, light, and fast. This conflict is unique to your system and is definitely software related, Please describe platform(Win,Linux,etc. and A/Virus.malware.firewall, etc.)

Also plz post shot of running systems!

Thanks!

Too right there's a system conflict and it's Smart Defrag's responsibility to resolve it since no other software on my machine has a problem. For the record I'm running WindowsXP SP3. The problem exists with both Yoggie Gatekeeper CardPro, which I have now deinstalled and with Avast! Antivirus plus Windows Firewall, which I am now running.

I've already posted the bug report previously so that should be a good starting point to finding the bug in Smart Defrag. I've posted the latest bug report with this entry. I suggest someone takes a look at the Smart Defrag code and finds out what it was trying to do at the point of failure.

For the record, I have been a computer programmer for over 30 years so I do think I know a thing or two about problem diagnosis and analysis. Anyway, Auslogics does the job.

bugreport.txt

Hi grahamt

Wow 30 years of experience!! That's great!

I was wondering - could that Yoggie Gatekeeper have changed some settings in services? (services.msc in Run)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Just saw that the newest Avast definition file has multiple false positives.

Too right there's a system conflict and it's Smart Defrag's responsibility to resolve it since no other software on my machine has a problem. For the record I'm running WindowsXP SP3. The problem exists with both Yoggie Gatekeeper CardPro, which I have now deinstalled and with Avast! Antivirus plus Windows Firewall, which I am now running.

I've already posted the bug report previously so that should be a good starting point to finding the bug in Smart Defrag. I've posted the latest bug report with this entry. I suggest someone takes a look at the Smart Defrag code and finds out what it was trying to do at the point of failure.

For the record, I have been a computer programmer for over 30 years so I do think I know a thing or two about problem diagnosis and analysis. Anyway, Auslogics does the job.

Archived